Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Page 27 of 30 FirstFirst ... 17 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 LastLast
      Country Flag: United States
      Quote Originally Posted by wadem View Post
      [

hey,i spot a race part solutions sticker on the tool box LOL
      99% of my fuel system parts came from there. I'm taking sponsors BTW......

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by frink84 View Post
      congrats on getting the fox back. my project fox was bought new by my grandpa. when does the fox get a build thread on here?
      It needs one I suppose, I just swapped in my LG1's I had slotted for the 66 in it this weekend.
      66 Mustang "Project: Ballin on a budget"
      89 Mustang "Box Wine"

I was fighting connectivity issues between Megasquirt and my laptop before my 2 week trip out to North Carolina. Now that I'm back I've removed Tunerstudios completely from my computer and reloaded it. Going to grab some more fuel and try loading software again. It is irritating being so close and something as simple as not having the correct 1's and 0's is pissing me off.
      89 Mustang "Box Wine"

Quote Originally Posted by Z06killinSBF View Post
      I was fighting connectivity issues between Megasquirt and my laptop before my 2 week trip out to North Carolina. Now that I'm back I've removed Tunerstudios completely from my computer and reloaded it. Going to grab some more fuel and try loading software again. It is irritating being so close and something as simple as not having the correct 1's and 0's is pissing me off.
      I also have a megasquirt and that kind of scares me. I follow some pages on Facebook and seams to happen a lot.
      Follow my Instagram
      And my build on here
      check out Opentracker Racing Products

Quote Originally Posted by Project Bike Truck View Post
      I also have a megasquirt and that kind of scares me. I follow some pages on Facebook and seams to happen a lot.
      Yep, tried it again yesterday with a windows laptop as well as a Mac, no dice. **** is about to get pulled off and sold
      89 Mustang "Box Wine"

What kind of error are you getting, I've done a few cars with Megasquirt with very few problems.
      My thoughts and ramblings while working on my motor driven menagerie http://mechanicdude.blogspot.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Wraith View Post
      What kind of error are you getting, I've done a few cars with Megasquirt with very few problems.
      It had dropped the firmware somehow but I was able to jumper it and get it communicating again. Cut a new tune for it yesterday on the latest firmware and hope to see if it'll take the new tune. I've been having issues with the signatures not matching so lets hope this works.
      89 Mustang "Box Wine"

It had dropped the firmware somehow but I was able to jumper it and get it communicating again. Cut a new tune for it yesterday on the latest firmware and hope to see if it'll take the new tune. I've been having issues with the signatures not matching so lets hope this works.
      Good to hear and hope it works. I always try to help with Megasquirt when I can, I think it gets a bad rap a lot of the time.
      My thoughts and ramblings while working on my motor driven menagerie http://mechanicdude.blogspot.com/

So a thing happened.....

I still have a ton of tuning to do, there are a lot of things "off" on the tune. I have a lot of wiring to clean up as I tore down a lot of it while troubleshooting the ECU. Also, drove the Fox down from DFW to Houston to pick up a set of Cobra Kevlar seats for the 66. After a couple days of head scratching, measuring and installing the seat 30 times I now have a driver's side seat installed. Time to get a few things wired up and finesse the tune some more to get it drive-able.

89 Mustang "Box Wine"

So a thing happened.....

I still have a ton of tuning to do, there are a lot of things "off" on the tune. I have a lot of wiring to clean up as I tore down a lot of it while troubleshooting the ECU. Also, drove the Fox down from DFW to Houston to pick up a set of Cobra Kevlar seats for the 66. After a couple days of head scratching, measuring and installing the seat 30 times I now have a driver's side seat installed. Time to get a few things wired up and finesse the tune some more to get it drive-able.

so much awesome in this post!
      Follow my Instagram
      And my build on here

Sounds great!
      Eddie

Just read this thread top to bottom over the last few hours.
      So impressed!
      Inspired.
      I’m from Houston, next time I’m in DFW, I’ll hit you up!
      Just starting on my 68 FB build.
      Come help me tub mine!

Quote Originally Posted by mikeyhunts View Post
      Just read this thread top to bottom over the last few hours.
      So impressed!
      Inspired.
      I’m from Houston, next time I’m in DFW, I’ll hit you up!
      Just starting on my 68 FB build.
      Come help me tub mine!
      Thanks man, that's awesome. The thing is.. I'm busy that day...
      89 Mustang "Box Wine"

Lol.... heard that before....

No real progress on the car lately. I cleaned up some underdash and underhood wiring, broke the throttle cable and pretty much decided it needs the front fenders flared.... I've been busy working on my 89 since it's the daily and needs a lot of TLC so it's been taking up my time.
      89 Mustang "Box Wine"

What's the term? Project scope creep? Anyways, I picked up some used (new to me) 315/30-18's and slapped them on all 4 wheels. They fit pretty good but just like the 255's, they catch on the forward radius of the fender wheel opening, but worse. So now do I put spacers on the wheels and run some type of flare (would need to make the rear matched), or figure out how to cleanly trim the fender opening? I'm not opposed to the "JDM" overfenders either. Over the past few years building this thing, I've really started liking flares and think they really go far in toughing up the appearance of cars. I haven't been able to find a whole lot of early Mustangs with appealing flares outside of the Maier stuff. So now I'm torn. I've done all this work to fit wide tires under the stock body but the front has the clearance issues. I'm not really wanting to section the fenders at this moment

89 Mustang "Box Wine"

Could you pull the lower front part of the fender for clearance? It doesn't look like it'd have to be pulled much from the pics.

Jay

if you cant make it work by messing with the stock fenders, i would look at JDMFenderFlares619 on ebay. I've seen these particular flairs in person and they look good.
      84 Ford LTD Wagon
      05 Ford Excursion
      Instagram

Quote Originally Posted by JayinMI View Post
      Could you pull the lower front part of the fender for clearance? It doesn't look like it'd have to be pulled much from the pics.

Jay
      I agree fully, I will be massaging my front fenders to get steering at full bump and not rip my fenders off.
      Follow my Instagram
      And my build on here

Do they steer without hitting other areas? If so, just cut. You won't miss the sheetmetal. Fitting such huge tires is all about hammers and angle grinders, and it's worth it. Spacers are all about messing up the steering and adding scrub . . .

Don’t forget about alignment. Could you dial in a tiny bit less caster and see if that helps?

I love your wheel and tire choice BTW!

Page 27 of 30 FirstFirst ... 17 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 LastLast

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com