Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Page 20 of 30 FirstFirst ... 10 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ... LastLast
      Country Flag: United States
      Quote Originally Posted by Rotary View Post
      Just curious, I noticed you said you were running 275's at the beginning of the thread. How did those fit for you while you had the stock wheel wells? I'm eyeballing some 8x17 wheels and have been looking for other people's tire set ups to copy. Haven't found a good guide for what will fit on these older cars
      Here is a guide a fellow Mustang enthusiasts has posted, maybe you might find some info on there to help.

http://www.dodgestang.com/Tire%20Fit...ide%2065-6.pdf

Z06

I have really liked watching the many different directions your car has gone through over the past few years and the way your project is turning out. Frenching in the stock style tail lights is a neat idea, I'm sure you'll pull it off. Welding up the tail light panel is going to be fun lol. The integrated spoiler and end caps add so much to the back of your car, very nice. Love the color of your car and the stance. Keep doing a great job, like what your up to.

Quote Originally Posted by Rotary View Post
      Just curious, I noticed you said you were running 275's at the beginning of the thread. How did those fit for you while you had the stock wheel wells? I'm eyeballing some 8x17 wheels and have been looking for other people's tire set ups to copy. Haven't found a good guide for what will fit on these older cars
      I was never able to fit them at my ride height so I can't answer your question, Latoracing provided a good link to check out.
      Quote Originally Posted by latoracing View Post
      Here is a guide a fellow Mustang enthusiasts has posted, maybe you might find some info on there to help.

http://www.dodgestang.com/Tire%20Fit...ide%2065-6.pdf

Z06

I have really liked watching the many different directions your car has gone through over the past few years and the way your project is turning out. Frenching in the stock style tail lights is a neat idea, I'm sure you'll pull it off. Welding up the tail light panel is going to be fun lol. The integrated spoiler and end caps add so much to the back of your car, very nice. Love the color of your car and the stance. Keep doing a great job, like what your up to.
      Thanks, I appreciate it. It must seem like a roller coaster ride that never ends with this build, it doesn't help that I'm largely indecisive and change my mind a lot.
      66 Mustang "Project: Ballin on a budget"
      89 Mustang "Box Wine"

Some small progress, still need to start filling in the spacers for lights

89 Mustang "Box Wine"

Nothing is more fun than laying on your back building an exhaust system. 4" all the was from the downpipe out the back.

89 Mustang "Box Wine"

So I have a complete 4r70w auto trans sitting in my floor I was going to put into my supercharged 95 but and contemplating putting it in this car. With that said, the trans controller I'm looking at has a paddle shift option, what would be a budget friendly option for adding paddles to my existing wheel?
      89 Mustang "Box Wine"

Country Flag: Canada
      Great thread, glad you've kept it up...

I started working on the fuel system a little and have the pump and filters mounted to a bracket behind the rearend. The assembly is 21" from end to end so it takes up a fair amount of space.

89 Mustang "Box Wine"

89 Mustang "Box Wine"

Fuel lines and brake lines are ran and 90% plumbed, I have a few fitting and a hose to order and they'll be 100%. Next step is to pull all the T-5 bull**** and stuff the big ass 4r70w in place. Some pics might be replicates as I just copy pasted.

1/2" supply hardline and 3/8" return.

89 Mustang "Box Wine"

Country Flag: Australia
      Looking good. Seems that we are at similar stages.

As for the paddle shift, not sure if these are any good but it is what I found so far in research for another project:

https://www.powertraincontrolsolutio...addle_Shifter/

And this

http://twistmachine.com/index.php?ma...94vhjp96dv8pu7
      1967 Mustang Fastback - widebody https://www.pro-touring.com/threads/...stang-Fastback
      1966 Plymouth Fury III
      1961 Oldsmobile 88 "bubbletop" = next project

What's the reason for getting rid of the T5?
      Eddie

Quote Originally Posted by blade View Post
      What's the reason for getting rid of the T5?
      I've exceeded to capacity by 2x. I already blew up a T5 in my other Mustang and this car should make more power.
      89 Mustang "Box Wine"

Quote Originally Posted by Z06killinSBF View Post
      I've exceeded to capacity by 2x. I already blew up a T5 in my other Mustang and this car should make more power.
      Ok now I understand why you are changing, the t5 barely handles stock torque.
      Eddie

Quote Originally Posted by blade View Post
      Ok now I understand why you are changing, the t5 barely handles stock torque.
      Exactly. I put it in the car when I was staying NA, I knew I was playing with fire putting the turbo on but that came to a reality when I blew up the other car (having to steal the T5 out of this car). So I bought a 4r70w to stuff in it, these early cars are very limited in what fits the tunnels and since I just really want to get the car going I felt the 4r was a good choice and actually accentuates the turbo better.
      89 Mustang "Box Wine"

I have the 4r70w stuffed in and now the Explorer aluminum driveshaft doesn't fit...

Who would have thought a late model v6 Mustang trans, Explorer rear end and driveshaft won't fit in a 50 year old Mustang So now I get to do some fancy shaving of parts to find an extra 3/4". Is this Ludacris to do to fit a $60 junk yard driveshaft in?
      89 Mustang "Box Wine"

I have the 4r70w stuffed in and now the Explorer aluminum driveshaft doesn't fit...

Who would have thought a late model v6 Mustang trans, Explorer rear end and driveshaft won't fit in a 50 year old Mustang So now I get to do some fancy shaving of parts to find an extra 3/4". Is this Ludacris to do to fit a $60 junk yard driveshaft in?

If you can make it work without spending $$ then yes! Not going to find an aluminum drive shaft anywhere new for $60.
      1965 Falcon Hardtop

However long you think your project will take, double it and you might be halfway right.

Build Thread: https://www.pro-touring.com/showthre...847#post798847

If I can machine this vibration dampener off it would give me the room I need.

89 Mustang "Box Wine"

If I can machine this vibration dampener off it would give me the room I need.

Can you just get a 4r70w input shaft and switch it out? Never looked into it so might be a stupid suggestion.
      1965 Falcon Hardtop

However long you think your project will take, double it and you might be halfway right.

Build Thread: https://www.pro-touring.com/showthre...847#post798847

If you want to mail it to me I can take it off on the lathe for you.
      Eddie

Page 20 of 30 FirstFirst ... 10 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ... LastLast

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com