Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Page 19 of 30 FirstFirst ... 9 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 29 ... LastLast
      Country Flag: United States
      Hold on, I just saw your license plate on the wall. I was a MT2(SS) as well! Crazy how small the world is!! The build looks awesome!

Quote Originally Posted by 72_Nova View Post
      looks like its ready to come race this weekend!
      Haha I wish! come help me run fuel lines, brake lines, wire the efi, rebuild the rear end, and just a few other "small" things lol

Quote Originally Posted by dpruden View Post
      Hold on, I just saw your license plate on the wall. I was a MT2(SS) as well! Crazy how small the world is!! The build looks awesome!
      That's awesome haha. Thanks!
      66 Mustang "Project: Ballin on a budget"
      89 Mustang "Box Wine"

I'd love to build a car like this. Strong work. My heart pitter patters at the idea of a turbo'd efi SBF that I wouldn't require me answering to a CA SMOG rep'...

I like the huff'd 95' too. I had a 331/t3550 in a 94' that I had a ball with.
      CAM-T Autocross Fox Mustang
      LX mustang autocross on the "cheap"...
      1953 PickEmUp
      1953 Chev Pickemup

Quote Originally Posted by LERM View Post
      I'd love to build a car like this. Strong work. My heart pitter patters at the idea of a turbo'd efi SBF that I wouldn't require me answering to a CA SMOG rep'...

I like the huff'd 95' too. I had a 331/t3550 in a 94' that I had a ball with.
      Thanks, it's pretty fun too with a host of MM suspension mods.

89 Mustang "Box Wine"

Revised my intercooler piping, just need a few sections welded up to eliminate a few couplers. Also narrowed the rear seat and have some of the original mounts being mailed in now since I ditched mine years ago for the rear seat delete.

89 Mustang "Box Wine"

Cool build. What size turbo? Don't forget a wastegate, bad things will happen lol.
      70 Cougar
      Aces Kill shot efi
      Turbocharged 5.0 430hp 488tq
      Tremec 3550
      13" Cobra brakes
      Unisteer Manual rack

Quote Originally Posted by 705.0Merc View Post
      Cool build. What size turbo? Don't forget a wastegate, bad things will happen lol.
      T-70, yep it's on the shelf, I just need to order some tubing for it. Thanks
      89 Mustang "Box Wine"

Working on putting the fuel tank sump in, I still need to do some more heating and fitting but my 3 year old son was wanting to "help" so I didn't get done. Plus you can get an idea of how the spoiler looks

89 Mustang "Box Wine"

I wouldn't weld it in like that!
      Carbs are more forgiving of gas sloshing but EFI hates it. I'm worried that the angle you are welding your sump in will cause you some problems.
      At least in the picture it looks like there is a up-slope to get to the output fittings. When I weld on the summit-racing (aka generic) sump pans, I need to add walls to it it make it deeper and allow it to level with the ground OR cut the walls to follow the outline of the tank, but this will make the pan more shallow.
      A deeper pan is better anyway as it will help with sloshing if you don't have foam in the tank.
      Let me know if you need some pictures. I have a 65 tank on the welding table now getting a pan from summit racing welded on.

BTW saw the USN flag on the wall, what was/is your NEC?

I think it'll be ok, it's not at much of an angle and I only used a 1" hole saw on the tank.
      89 Mustang "Box Wine"

It should be good as long as you keep at least 1/3 a tank of gas in there.

Quote Originally Posted by 1967marti View Post
      It should be good as long as you keep at least 1/3 a tank of gas in there.
      What about cutting some of the very bottom of the tank or adding a pick up tube to the fuel fitting?
      89 Mustang "Box Wine"

Cutting the bottom of the tank (to correct the angle) should work better than a tube extension.
      It's all about making a box that is easy for fuel to fall into but hard to get out. Ideally you want the sump pan to be in the center, rear most portion on the tank (exactly like you have it now), the other thing you need to do is have the outputs on the fittings level or downwards pointing on the sump. Ideally you want the sump to be as deep as possible, so trimming the sides of the sump pan to fit the odd-shape of the tank is secondary to adding small wall sections to the pan for a correct fit. EFI does not like momentary interruptions in the fuel flow, I've had cars die on me in a corner-turn (low fuel level and going around a highway cloverleaf) because the pickups were not installed correctly.

What if I built a baffled box that sat in the lowest part of the sump an have a pick-up running into it? Or is it best just to trim down the sump itself being as it's merely tacked on at this moment?
      89 Mustang "Box Wine"

I think you will get a much better result if you cut the tacks and trim up the sump pan.
      I always give the tank a strong phosphorus acid bath (Prep-and-etch from home depot) and use a tank sealer. Never had a failure yet.
      Trick that I use is to set the tank upside down on your work table, use a level on the mounting flange to set it level with it's future ride height and then you can use another level on the fave of the sump (the area that the bungs stick out) to make sure that it is truly 90-degrees to the tank.

I took your advice Marti, the car sits fairly level so I just made the sump level with the tank. Before it was at a 7 degree angle up, now it is roughly even if not a 1 degree down angle compared to the tank.

89 Mustang "Box Wine"

You got it! Looks Awesome!

Decided to change up the rear, again. Decided to ditch the Camaro tails and French in the stock lights. I obviously had to make filler plates so body work will be fun. These are just loosely mounted, I have to go back and make sure they're 100% before I fill in the gaps.

89 Mustang "Box Wine"

Country Flag: Australia
      As much as it is good to change things it is nice to keep some connections to the original and I think the tail lights are a big part of what made these cars identifiable as mustangs. Looks like you are nearing the home straight.
      1967 Mustang Fastback - widebody https://www.pro-touring.com/threads/...stang-Fastback
      1966 Plymouth Fury III
      1961 Oldsmobile 88 "bubbletop" = next project

Just curious, I noticed you said you were running 275's at the beginning of the thread. How did those fit for you while you had the stock wheel wells? I'm eyeballing some 8x17 wheels and have been looking for other people's tire set ups to copy. Haven't found a good guide for what will fit on these older cars

Page 19 of 30 FirstFirst ... 9 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 29 ... LastLast

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com