Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
      Country Flag: United States
      Quote Originally Posted by 1coolC2 View Post
      I heard the track is sending Mike Manning and I a bill for the 2 dump truck loads of dirt we stole off the compound after some off-road landscaping....
      Uh , I got 1/2 a load of dirt on my front spoiler , I was crushing dirt clods ..

Jeff Tate
      U.S.A.
      "The best thing about participating in these events is that you get to hang out with a group of intelligent like minded people who live to achieve things in their lives. You won't find a lazy, mean, or dumb bone in their bodies." Bret Voelkel, RideTech

If we didn't spin out, does that mean we weren't driving fast enough?
      Adam
      1985 S10 - LT1 + T56
      1964 Chevy II 4-Door - LS1 + T56

Quote Originally Posted by HectorM52 View Post
      No, it means we don't have enough HP yet ;)
      David

Current rides:
      1970 Firebird FORMULA 400
      1964 Pontiac Tempest
      1986 Mustang LX 5.0 coupe

Yeah, let's go with that!! For those of us that looped it, we must have been going REALLY fast........so fast that the track could not hold it...ha ha. It's more like some were smart enough... and good enough to drive the track without looping it, some of us not so much. Tom and Sam Farrington got a front row seat to my smoking slide which transitioned to a full sand bunker shot!! Hope they enjoyed the show ha ha.

R/
      Jeff
      70 Nova "Thug"
      67 LS7 Corvette Sold :-(
      65 LS7 Corvette Coupe (next project)
      64 Malibu SS
      69 Z/28 Camaro
      2007 Z06

Name:  DSC00545.jpg
Views: 405
Size:  122.2 KBHere's a couple shots of Mr. Manning's grading project.
      Quote Originally Posted by 1coolC2 View Post
      Dwight,

Thanks for getting a picture of my Corvette while it was still clean :-) I heard the track is sending Mike Manning and I a bill for the 2 dump truck loads of dirt we stole off the compound after some off-road landscaping....lol. I had a blast and really enjoyed the high speed auto-x course. What a great time, and as always, a great group of folks!!

R/
      Jeff
      Name:  DSC00546.jpg
Views: 389
Size:  118.6 KB

Yes , Mike Manning was plowing ...
      He was driving hard .
      Jeff Tate
      U.S.A.
      "The best thing about participating in these events is that you get to hang out with a group of intelligent like minded people who live to achieve things in their lives. You won't find a lazy, mean, or dumb bone in their bodies." Bret Voelkel, RideTech

You know...........there is a common thread to allot of the mayhem this weekend.

1. Manning plowing for turnips off the Auto-X

2. Me checking out the new potato plow attachment on my Corvette on the Road race track

3. Mark Turner (aka Fireball) car bursting into flames (again) on the Auto-X

The common theme..........Lil John Kundrat!!!! He was on board all three runs. Coincidence.......I don't think so....... Ha ha. We need to put him in Farrington's car next time :-)

R/
      Jeff
      70 Nova "Thug"
      67 LS7 Corvette Sold :-(
      65 LS7 Corvette Coupe (next project)
      64 Malibu SS
      69 Z/28 Camaro
      2007 Z06

Maybe it was the extra weight of the cast, or maybe John just has bad mojo, I know Robert used to be my bad mojo. The good news is, it does eventually rub off on to someone else. For now though, we need to keep him in the DSE cars.
      Ron Schwarz

I got to personally witness the old silver Mustang (not sure of his name or username) take a spin off the track after the long backstretch. He locked up the rears twice before he locked them all up and slid right off into the grass/dirt. He said that it was of no consolation that it looked REALLY spectacular.

Later that day, he plowed that thing straight into the tire wall after coming through the timers. Not sure if he didn't realize the track turned to the right, or what??? hee hee

I was beginning to think that I was bad luck if I were behind you; however, most of you proved that theory wrong since you'd only let me get behind you for just a few moments...before speeding away leaving me in your wake.
      Adam
      1985 S10 - LT1 + T56

I got to personally witness the old silver Mustang (not sure of his name or username) take a spin off the track after the long backstretch. He locked up the rears twice before he locked them all up and slid right off into the grass/dirt. He said that it was of no consolation that it looked REALLY spectacular.

Later that day, he plowed that thing straight into the tire wall after coming through the timers. Not sure if he didn't realize the track turned to the right, or what??? hee hee

I was beginning to think that I was bad luck if I were behind you; however, most of you proved that theory wrong since you'd only let me get behind you for just a few moments...before speeding away leaving me in your wake.
      I was right behind that too, quite the dust cloud !! I didn't see him get in the tirewall, hope he didn't hurt it.
      David

Current rides:
      1970 Firebird FORMULA 400
      1964 Pontiac Tempest
      1986 Mustang LX 5.0 coupe

That is one wicked fast pickup Adam, I know I chased you for a while before I passed you. It wasn't till late in the day until you really started wagging your tail which I enjoy seeing so much. Hell mine was wagging too.
      Ron Schwarz

Did anybody get any other pictures or possibly a video of any of my runs (esp late in the day)? My daughter got sick so my wife couldn't take any pictures or video after lunch.
      GeoffP
      68 Camaro - LS1/T-56

That was Harry Hinkle in his son Jeff Hinkle's Mustang .
      I hope he's ok too , I'll have to call him ..
      Jeff Tate
      U.S.A.

I called Harry , he's ok ..
      He had a front brake malfunction ...
      The car has minor damage to the left fender and nose ...
      Jeff Tate
      U.S.A.

Quote Originally Posted by Ron S View Post
      That is one wicked fast pickup Adam, I know I chased you for a while before I passed you. It wasn't till late in the day until you really started wagging your tail which I enjoy seeing so much. Hell mine was wagging too.
      Yeah, the end of the day I was doing a lot of trail braking...but not on purpose. I think all 4 corners of my brakes are shot, because there was a lot of squealing on the drive home!!

I should have gotten back out there on the auto-x track a little more. I was really doing some drifting on that one over on those left handers after the slalom.

And what I'd REALLY like to see is if anyone has any action-shots of my spinout on the last main corner of the auto-x.
      Adam
      1985 S10 - LT1 + T56

Quote Originally Posted by JEFFTATE View Post
      I called Harry , he's ok ..
      He had a front brake malfunction ...
      The car has minor damage to the left fender and nose ...
      Oh, good. I spoke with him a bit after he got back in the pits. The front end looked banged up, but not destroyed. It's a shame that thing had brake issues, cuz it was a BEAST!
      Adam
      1985 S10 - LT1 + T56

did anyone happen to get my spin on the autox?

drive it like you stole it!
      1971 duster "deb"
      2016 GMC duramax tow rig
      1975 AMC matador coupe-long term project

I didn't get too many pics this weekend. I needed my buddy Jeff/Hotwire there, he's my usual photographer!

Click for full-size pic.

That track was hard on tires!!
      Adam
      1985 S10 - LT1 + T56

Did that green car catch on fire? was it damaged?
      Justin Snow

Quote Originally Posted by GNon18s View Post
      Did that green car catch on fire? was it damaged?
      caught on fire twice!.....i think it was high pressure oil line fitting or something came off and apparently leaked alittle on headers to create a blaze....
      1971 Chevrolet Camaro RS-Detroit Speed Equipped
      1966 Chevrolet C-10-Driver/Project truck

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com