Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Page 7 of 15 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 ... LastLast
      Country Flag: United States
      Cool....thanks for the update! Very interested in seeing how the door panels come out as Ive always wished you could get a thinner and simpler door panel for the C3....much like the A-body door panels....essentially a flat piece of particle board, padded and wrapped in vinyl

Thanks Chris, I am almost done with the cage now that the body is off the frame

Project: Love 69 - My Corvette Build Thread

Love the driving light/turn signal combo! I'm in the middle of switching all my bulbs over to LED and that's an idea I'd like to incorporate in my car. As we all know, not near enough light on the front of that car as they came....

If you don't mind me asking, where did you source the LED's? Also, is there an advantage to using resistors instead of changing the flasher unit to an LED-compatible one?

the gadgetry on this car is pure awesome!
      67 GTO, LS2, T56

WILWOOD, FORGELINE, RIDETECH

No update on the door panels as its been too cold to bother messing with fiberglass... So instead I start a new fiberglass project I was never a huge fan of these pace car spoilers but they have grown on me, and i think I can modify this one to my own tastes.

Heres a pic on another car to give you an idea of the overall shape

Im going to be adding my BMW E30 brake ducts from my other spoiler and some similar support rods. Most likely will do it in a satin black

Quote Originally Posted by Aficionado View Post
      Love the driving light/turn signal combo! I'm in the middle of switching all my bulbs over to LED and that's an idea I'd like to incorporate in my car. As we all know, not near enough light on the front of that car as they came....

If you don't mind me asking, where did you source the LED's? Also, is there an advantage to using resistors instead of changing the flasher unit to an LED-compatible one?
      The website I got these from is not great for linking to but go here:
      http://autolumination.com/1156_1157.htm
      and do a ctrl+f (PC users) for "80 Watt Cree Led White-Amber Switchback Bulbs"

I tried the LED flasher but they still would flash irregularly. The resistors seemed to take care if this (using a regular thermal flasher). I also did the BMW angel eye halos in the rear for the parking lights and a red/white switchback bulb in the reverse light so I have 4 brake lights (and parking lights with the halos). I changed the bulb socket from a 1156 to a 1157 so I have a brake light circuit and a reverse circuit. Ill try to get a pic of the rear lighting but it always gets washed out.

Quote Originally Posted by 67goatman455 View Post
      the gadgetry on this car is pure awesome!
      Thanks! Theres so many more electronic gadgets and tweaks that are more appreciated in person than trying to describe them online. And although Im happy with how everything came out electronically so far, I really wish I went with an ISIS multiplex system. It would have made things so much easier and would be able to function exactly as I envisioned. I have electronics OCD so dont be surprised if you see an update post with an ISIS system

And to add another gadget to the list... I made it so that I can remotely shut the car down whenever, where ever. My push start system is extremely secure, but only if you arm the system. I usually arm it but there are times when I run out of the car for a second with it still running or with it unarmed. So now if someone decides they want to hop in and drive off, they will only get so far before I take out my phone, hit the shut down button and then track it with the GPS tracker. Once I hit the shut down button, the ignition switch is completely disabled and cannot be enabled until I say so. Some may say overkill, but hey, I can sleep at night when my car is parked outside somewhere. (I also like a good electronic challenge!)
      -Chris
      '69 Corvette
      '55 Chevy Hardtop
      AutoWorks Middletown, NJ
      @autoworksnj for corvette and shop car pics
      https://www.pro-touring.com/showthre...e-Build-Thread

Looking back a few posts I guess I never posted the latest pics of the door panels. Theyve been like this for the past month. I really hate working with fiberglass

The final mold is done, just needs a bit of trimming/filling/adding in some spots. Id like to keep these as bondo-free as I can. Im only using 1/8" foam before wrapping it with vinyl so it has to be pretty straight to not look lumpy

Also spent a night learning to sew... Not bad for a household machine going through 3 layers of poly weave!
      -Chris
      '69 Corvette
      '55 Chevy Hardtop
      AutoWorks Middletown, NJ

very cool....excited to see the finished product on the doors

Love this build, lots of many cool details. Keep up the good work( and pics)!

what i can do to metal you do to exterior additions and interior sweetness. looks awesome as always chris!
      https://www.pro-touring.com/showthre...-Touring-Truck

DMP Fabrication LLC
      Follow me on Instagram for welding and truck progress! - Americangraffiti

I really enjoy all the modern touches on this car. I hope to buy a classic car to redo someday like this. I really want HID's on my 02 ws6. Keep up the good work.

Quick update on the door panels... Got them covered in 1/8" Dynaliner with a few pieces of 1/4" on the back. Still noticeably lighter than the stock panels too! Going to try my hand at upholstering them myself with a french seam along the bump-out

And keeping with the BMW parts, I got another set of E30 brake ducts that Im currently grafting into my new front spoiler.
      -Chris
      '69 Corvette
      '55 Chevy Hardtop
      AutoWorks Middletown, NJ

Project: Love 69 - My Corvette Build Thread

Thanks for the information on the switchback bulbs--Door panels look good!

Love this project....

where did you get the front spoiler?
      Thanks Kevin

I love what you've done so far on your vette, great work!

Jeff -- 96 Mustang - 2V Stroked Modular Turbo // 13 RAPTOR // 67 Mustang Fastback build - Coyote 5.0

Thanks everyone!
      Kevin- The spoiler is a 68-72 pace car spoiler from Ecklers. There is a slightly different version from Custom Image Corvettes called the super spoiler too. http://customimagecorvettes.com/prod...super-spoiler/

Got the ducts roughed into the new spoiler:
      -Chris
      '69 Corvette
      '55 Chevy Hardtop
      AutoWorks Middletown, NJ

Got the ducts 'glassed in and the spoiler painted. I still need to make some support rods like I had on the other one though.
      -Chris
      '69 Corvette
      '55 Chevy Hardtop
      AutoWorks Middletown, NJ

Spoiler looks great!. I love the tire fitment. Do you think There is any chance to run 5.5"bs wheel in the front? I calculate your backspace to 5.3" based on a 15/16" spacer (Think I read thats what you are using somewhere.) I may try 18x10 with a 5.5"bs all around.

Have ever thought about going satin black on the wheels and pipes?

Hi, I realize your thread is about 2 years old at this point but are you using the stock steering setup?

Very, very sexy car. I love '69 Corvettes best of all, and yours is pretty much James Bond's car at this point with all the gadgets!
      Matt Barr.

Thanks for the love guys... Motivates me to get back in it as I havent touched the car in a while. Unfortunately (Fortunately, really) Customer cars have to come first and the work hasnt stopped coming in so I stay busy. I am also working on a cool and cheap push start system that I think people will like. Once I have all the kinks worked out I will post the parts list and wiring diagram. I have the prototype in a 67 chevelle right now and will have another for testing in our 55 Chevy shop car.

Everyone, and I mean everyone has told me to go satin black for the pipes. I finally caved and went for it when I had the pipes off to get an O2 bung welded in. Im glad I did! As for the wheels, I think it looks mean as hell when they are covered in brake dust which looks like a black chrome color. Still unsure if I will go for that... yet.

Heres what us corvette guys have to deal with to get o2 sensors in sidepipes. Thank god for solid motor mounts... Its close but it works well

And the stock big block radiator finally gave out, so I picked up an aluminum one that should be here soon.

as for the 5.5 backspace... you might be able to squeak them in. If you are not as low as me, there is room to move out towards the fender. If you get a wheel fit tool, I think you should be able to find a backspace that will be a happy medium between the 5.5 and 5.3

Steering setup is a custom manual rack. In hindsight I would have gone with a borgeson or other modern box conversion. The center takeoff rack leaves too much leverage for the tierods to flex under cornering.
      -Chris
      '69 Corvette
      '55 Chevy Hardtop
      AutoWorks Middletown, NJ

Page 7 of 15 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 ... LastLast

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com