Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 12 ... LastLast
      Country Flag: United States
      Cool ride, digging the side pipes, and the wheels,

Steve68- 1968 Camaro SS LSX T56, 12bolt 3:90's, 18" Fikse Profil 13s, Deep Fathom Green paint, Spearcos, just bunch of old junk because another member said so, LOL

70 Nova SS street/drag 454, T400, 3:55, ugly!

Nice wheel choice
      Car is looking good.
      Trey

"The early bird may get the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese."
      ~ Jon Hammond

1979 WS6 Trans Am stock LT1/T56 drive train out of my Formula. BMW M-parallel rims. C5/C6 brakes

build thread https://www.pro-touring.com/showthre...ghlight=begins

WOW.. how did I miss your last update??... wheels look great man!

-Sean

Good to see your back up and running, I seen some of your post about the car being down, I bet it feels good to have it on the road again.

The wheels and stance looks killer, love it.

Riggs
      Slowly making progress on a 40 year old Pro touring Vette, some day it will be Awesome.

Thanks guys!

Riggs- What is your fender height in the rear? Im finding out the hard way that it is quite difficult to run 285's while being this low. I still have to work out the new bumpstop height so Ive been driving around with alot of rear suspension travel... Maybe too much
      -Chris
      '69 Corvette
      '55 Chevy Hardtop
      AutoWorks Middletown, NJ
      @autoworksnj for corvette and shop car pics
      https://www.pro-touring.com/showthre...e-Build-Thread

Quote Originally Posted by vette427-sbc View Post
      Thanks guys!

Riggs- What is your fender height in the rear? Im finding out the hard way that it is quite difficult to run 285's while being this low. I still have to work out the new bumpstop height so Ive been driving around with alot of rear suspension travel... Maybe too much

OUCH, That left a mark.
      My wheels tuck up into the wheel well pretty tight, I have had it bottom out before and rub the inner frame rail and a slight rub on the outer side wall against the inside of the fender lip. I recently raised the rear of the car to compensate for the weight loss of the LS swap so I should be in much better shape against tire rub.
      The car is up on jack stands right now due to the rebuild of the LS, so I would be able to get any measurements at this time. If it helps here is what I am running on the back, 285/40/18 on 18X10 rim with a 5.5 back space, I am also running a 3/8'' spacer to center the wheel in the wheel well.

Riggs
      Slowly making progress on a 40 year old Pro touring Vette, some day it will be Awesome.

Hi Chris
      Will send you a PM next. The car looks AWESOME. I am looking forward to seeing it in person. Are you going to Motor State Challenge?
      The next Dates I will be in at the NJ track are August 4th and 5th with NASA.
      Please see my PT Garage for more info on ProBell Camaro. 67 style,99 comfort, options and drive-ability with NASCAR Late Model suspension front and rear.https://www.pro-touring.com/forum/vb...?do=view&g=106
      ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
      Car Domain PG
      http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2565383

Been super busy at the shop lately, which is good, but leaves little time to work on the vette...
      I threw the rear suspension back in the car with the modified stock bushings just so I could drive it around, but I dont think its track worthy with those in there so I picked up some T6061 aluminum to make a set of new bushings.
      Anyone need some aluminum? Ill have a 6" dia x 1ft long piece leftover...

I hope to have them done soon... SPC Upper Arms (from Mark at SC&C ), Hawk HP Plus pads and new braided brake lines on the way too.

Quote Originally Posted by ProBell View Post
      Hi Chris
      Will send you a PM next. The car looks AWESOME. I am looking forward to seeing it in person. Are you going to Motor State Challenge?
      The next Dates I will be in at the NJ track are August 4th and 5th with NASA.
      If I can get all of my new parts on the car in time Ill be there the 4th... Hopefully Ill see you there
      -Chris
      '69 Corvette
      '55 Chevy Hardtop
      AutoWorks Middletown, NJ

Got a few parts in the mail the other day...
      Hawk HP Plus pads, Goodridge braided lines, a tow strap and a sheet of Ti to make some brake pad backing plates. Front pads, lines, and backing plates are cut and in as of a few minutes ago. And Im flushing the brakes as I type... Just waiting on my SPC upper control arms to show up and the front end should be all set for some serious abuse!

-Chris
      '69 Corvette
      '55 Chevy Hardtop
      AutoWorks Middletown, NJ

Not much of an update... I hate to take the car off the road for long periods so Im waiting for a few more parts to come in before I tear it down for some more suspension and brake work. In the meantime, I made some new t-top headliners. These weigh a bit less than the stock headliner pieces and give me more headroom for when I have my helmet on. I wrapped them in some Alcantara I got from Gulf Fabrics.

-Chris
      '69 Corvette
      '55 Chevy Hardtop
      AutoWorks Middletown, NJ

More parts to add to my suspension overhaul... This time a set of shortened C4 vette aluminum halfshafts. Ended up being $200 for the cost of the shafts and the shortening. Not bad!

I also got a set of Wilwood rotor hats (from Rsk68. Thanks Rick!) for my future Brembo big brake kit Ive been slowly piecing together.

-Chris
      '69 Corvette
      '55 Chevy Hardtop
      AutoWorks Middletown, NJ

Small progress update...
      My splitter took a good hit recently... so I pulled it off to re-glass it and make some new support rods

SPC Upper arms are in:

Had to re-route my brake duct since my oil cooler lines took its previous location. Not ideal, but it works
      -Chris
      '69 Corvette
      '55 Chevy Hardtop
      AutoWorks Middletown, NJ

Looking good. Those factory headliners for the t-tops are really thick. I like your solution.
      Trey

"The early bird may get the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese."
      ~ Jon Hammond

1979 WS6 Trans Am stock LT1/T56 drive train out of my Formula. BMW M-parallel rims. C5/C6 brakes

build thread https://www.pro-touring.com/showthre...ghlight=begins

Love this car... Glad to see you have been out having fun with it. I missed the first half of the season and RTTS this year with my motor swap. hopefully catch up with you at the track next year! -Dan
      1968 Camaro RS/SS, LS7 with Katech mods, T56 Magnum, C6Z06 Brakes
      1968 Camaro RS Convertible project LS3/480hp/4L70E
      1962 Corvette 327-340hp stock
      1972 Corvette LT1 Stock
      2006 Corvette Z06
      2011 Corvette GS convertible

Quote Originally Posted by WS6 View Post
      Looking good. Those factory headliners for the t-tops are really thick. I like your solution.
      Thanks! Kind of going for a minimalist style interior but still be more street car than bare bones race car. Almost like the Ferrari 360 Stradale

Quote Originally Posted by 68sixspeed View Post
      Love this car... Glad to see you have been out having fun with it. I missed the first half of the season and RTTS this year with my motor swap. hopefully catch up with you at the track next year! -Dan
      Thanks Dan! Ive been driving the hell out of it... See ya at the track!
      -Chris
      '69 Corvette
      '55 Chevy Hardtop
      AutoWorks Middletown, NJ

Good looking car!

The last time I seen a head gasket like you posted it was from detonation on a turbo sbc, it pushed the gasket out just like that.
      62 Impala SS

Long lonesome highway E. of Omaha (SW Iowa)
      My dad the Corvette purist would hate this. Maybe thats why I love it! I may have missed it, but what engine is in it? I see a big block hood, but that doesnt mean much.

Crossed another little project off the list! Lightweight halfshafts... I had some HD Spicer steel shafts in there which were heavy as hell. 80 bucks on ebay got me 2 C4 vette half shafts shipped to me, and another $120 to shorten them to C3 length. I really need to get a scale so I can document all my lbs lost... The new shafts seemed to be at least half the weight of the previous ones. And that counts as overall vehicle weight, un-sprung weight and rotating mass!

Ive been smelling tire rub going around hard corners and big dips... I bumped up the rear spring rate a little so Ill see how that works out, otherwise it looks like I need to modify the wheel tub to be wider and taller.

Quote Originally Posted by Lamoogle View Post
      Good looking car!

The last time I seen a head gasket like you posted it was from detonation on a turbo sbc, it pushed the gasket out just like that.
      Thanks! I thought maybe some detonation too, but the pistons looked mint when I pulled the head. Still unsure what caused it to do that.

Quote Originally Posted by Decurion View Post
      My dad the Corvette purist would hate this. Maybe thats why I love it! I may have missed it, but what engine is in it? I see a big block hood, but that doesnt mean much.
      Thanks! While I do appreciate the stock vettes, they are not nearly as fun to drive. Its got the L46 small block factory forged bottom end. AFR heads, roller cam, etc... Really nice street motor.
      -Chris
      '69 Corvette
      '55 Chevy Hardtop
      AutoWorks Middletown, NJ

Finally got to thrash on it again!
      Just got back from the Kerbeck Corvette Toys for Tots gathering where they had the southern NJ SCCA running an auto-x. I am really happy with the way the car performed and now have some seat of the pants data to start fine tuning the suspension.

Kind of a shame that out of hundreds of corvettes, only a handful hit the auto x
      -Chris
      '69 Corvette
      '55 Chevy Hardtop
      AutoWorks Middletown, NJ

I think I really do like working on this car as much as I do driving it! Back apart again, for the rest of the season this time. The plan is to hit the whole interior with some kind of sound deadener and make a custom wire harness from a universal painless kit with lots of cool gadgets . Still undecided on weather or not I should put a roll bar in an already very tight interior... Im leaning towards yes and having the_dan tig one up for me at his shop.

Also dropping a few lbs with a lightweight steering column support from a later vette. About a 5lb difference:
      -Chris
      '69 Corvette
      '55 Chevy Hardtop
      AutoWorks Middletown, NJ

Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 12 ... LastLast

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com