Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
      Country Flag: United States
      Doug,
      It was good to meet you and Kim, but we're definitely bummed about the vehicle issues. Kim's floor being trashed is just completely unacceptable!
      All I can say is get those things back together and head out to more events!
      Tom

Wow I hope it works out right for you - I think I would insist they fix it since the car is so nice otherwise and don't sign anything until the work is completed to your satisfaction!!
      GeoffP
      68 Camaro - LS1/T-56

WOW dude. That was some weekend.

Oh my, that is awful. I hope your insurance company does their job. You seem to have an amazingly good attitude towards all this, good for you. I'd have been throwing stuff.
      Scott from NJ.

Vent Windows Forever! ...

Feather-light suspension, Konis just couldn't hold
      I'm so glad I took a look inside your showroom doors

Holly cow, Doug.... wow

Hard weekend for one couple I see.... Hope you get both car fixed and get back in the program.

One question tho... how did those "j" hooks end up hooked to the floor? what the hell was the tow driver thinking?
      Later

Chris Reed
      Vice Director of the Indiana Buick GSCA Club
      "STG1RGL"
      82 Regal (in 87 sheetmetal) w/Buick Big Block 455
      (R.I.P. lost in my garage fire 01/09/14)
      www.cardomain.com/id/stg1regal

7.5 G's Rule!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Stg1Regal View Post
      One question tho... how did those "j" hooks end up hooked to the floor? what the hell was the tow driver thinking?
      That's what I was thinking Doug! Sorry to hear your bad weekend got even worse! On the flip side, it was great hanging with you and Kim! Hopefully we can do it again before I relocate.
      Herb

1966 El Camino LS408/T56Magnum
      1966 Chevelle 509/T56Magnum
      1963 C10 454/4L80

PHR CHP CHP youtube

Wow Doug. You should'a stayed home, but I'm glad you didn't. Enjoyed meeting and hanging with you guys. Wish I could have been more help. Let us know how the Cobra issue turns out. I don't think totaling is gonna happen. That type of repair is a fairly easy fix. But it should not of happened at all. Look forward to seeing you guys again soon.
      Mike

Yep, J-hook damage and they connected to the floor instead of the rails. The rail extrication ports can handle 3500 lbs (basically the weight of the car); the floor ... not a chance in hell. Once they applied winch power, all bets were off.

At least they used a four-point tie down ...

You got my FB message?? Looks like you did as filing an insurance claim is your best bet. She should be entitled to a rental vehicle while the Mustang is being repaired and you do have options here. Get a value on the vehicle and your insurance carrier looks at 70% as the repair threshold. Say the vehicle is worth $1000 then the insurance has $700 to spend on repairs. They'll be looking at the Mustang for ACV (actual cash value) and, to them, it will be a nothing special Mustang. If there are upgrades done, this may increase the value so do your homework ...

Mary Pozzi
      mpozzi . . . '73 Camaro RS, '69 Camaro SCCA/Trans-Am vintage racer, and a 1989 R7U 1LE Players Challenge car.

"STICK, you B*TCH!!!!!!"

"It's not a horse. You can't train it!! "

wow sorry to hear and see all of that, i heard you were having troubles with the Monte but didnt know about the cobra...thats terrible...if they decide to Total out the cobra and there is an option to buy it back let me know, i have a mustang or two that could use a traansplant. But i hope to god they fix it, unacceptable tow job.

I'm glad Kim had fun driving, sucks that both vehicle had troubles though.

Hope you get them back up and going soon.

Always good to see and hang out with you and Kim.

Robert

As if it couldn't get worse, I can't believe what happened to Kim's car!

Glad to see that you're staying upbeat about everything, as it was just one bad event after another for you two.

Aside from that, it was good to finally meet the both of you and hang out.

that sucks doug! sorry for all the trouble you guys had. it was great meeting you guys though and hope to see you all again!

drive it like you stole it!
      1971 duster "deb"
      2016 GMC duramax tow rig
      1975 AMC matador coupe-long term project

Doug you are the definition of "Calm, Cool and Collected".

So sorry for all the headaches you went through this weekend - know you will work through them all and be back stronger than ever.

Look forward to seeing you at a track day soon (this season for sure!)

- Scott
      Scott
      1967 Camaro SS/RS

Test Runs:
      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9TuthZr_vEM

Goddammit, nobody does a decent job anymore. No pride in their work, no accountability, nothing. That's about as bad as my s h i t-filled saga. But at least your cars run. Sux.
      No comments, soundmen HATE feedback.

Hang in there bud...Good things come to good people..which you and Kim are! Whether you ran the car or not, it was great hanging out with you and Kim!... I will be seeing you soon i'm sure!

-Sean

Wow Doug, if it weren't for bad luck, you wouldn't have any luck at all... I'm so sorry to see what happened to Kim's car, I hope insurance gets it repaired. Let me know what you do with your new plans for the SS!

Hopefully you've gotten all the bad luck out of the way for the season and can enjoy the rest of the year! Good luck with repairs!

What a weekend. I think you won the Hard Luck award for the year. I hope you get every thing in working order soon and have a great season. Didn't you have bad luck last year as well on the way home?
      I think i remember some post about it. Randy
      Please see my PT Garage for more info on ProBell Camaro. 67 style,99 comfort, options and drive-ability with NASCAR Late Model suspension front and rear.https://www.pro-touring.com/forum/vb...?do=view&g=106
      ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
      Car Domain PG
      http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2565383

Thanks for all the responces!! It was quite a weekend and the bad news is still coming....

Insurance adjuster came out yesterday to look at Kim's cobra. He said that the "rips" can be hammered and dolly'd out and stitch welded. He cut us a check for $750 and called it a day.

I have been researching this issue for the last couple days. Some people say to do the stitch welding while others say the only way to be safe is to replace that floor pan. I have no idea. We are taking it up to GForce Design Concepts to have it repaired and they will have an adjuster do a supplement if need be.

After the Allstate guy left I started to put in the clutch cable. No big deal. When I had her start the car up to test the cable...I noticed a huge puddle on the ground and turns out the rack was p i s s i n g out fluid!!! The passenger side boot somehow got a lil tear in it...and now the fluid is all over my floor. More tow truck carnage.....
      Douglas Lutes
      1988 Monte Carlo SS

"Never race anything you can't afford to set on fire and push off a cliff."

Hate to hear that Doug,

The boot is just there for dust. If it's leaking, there is probably a bigger problem then a torn boot.

Robert

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com