Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
      Quote Originally Posted by AM.MSCL View Post
      Tony
      Can you send a price quote for CPA1019PSDBK with mounting brackets for a 1969 Pontiac Firebird with shipping cost to 78749?
      Any chance they can do red stitching instead of the grey on this?
      thanks
      Ray
      PM incoming...

Country Flag: United States
      Tony,
      Would you please PM me a quote on a pair of CPA1025FBK and brackets for a 1st Gen Camaro shipped to 22553.

Thanks!
      Steve Hayes
      "Dust Off"
      68 Camaro

Given sufficient initial acceleration, even pigs can fly!

Which models will accommodate a 5 point harness? I noticed some of the seats don't have a fifth belt slot.

Quote Originally Posted by TheJDMan View Post
      Tony,
      Would you please PM me a quote on a pair of CPA1025FBK and brackets for a 1st Gen Camaro shipped to 22553.

Thanks!
      PM Sent.

Quote Originally Posted by ChevelleNV View Post
      Which models will accommodate a 5 point harness? I noticed some of the seats don't have a fifth belt slot.
      I'm not aware of any that have the 5th slot for a 5 point harness.

Quote Originally Posted by Tony_SS View Post
      I'm not aware of any that have the 5th slot for a 5 point harness.
      The third one in your first post has a 5th slot. that's the only one I see, was wondering if there are more styles, cause I like the seats but need one that has provisions for a 5 point.

Quote Originally Posted by ChevelleNV View Post
      The third one in your first post has a 5th slot. that's the only one I see, was wondering if there are more styles, cause I like the seats but need one that has provisions for a 5 point.
      You're right.. thanks for point that out.

It looks the CPA2010 GT-8 series all have the 5th slot.

Weekend bump!

Tony,
      On your seats in the first post, how much height do the brackets add to the seat?
      Steve Hayes
      "Dust Off"
      68 Camaro

Tony,
      On your seats in the first post, how much height do the brackets add to the seat?
      (x2)
      1966 Pontiac Catalina Ventura
      389/TH400, Wide-Track Darksider
      Bars, springs, disc brakes, etc.

1962 Falcon 2-dr
      "just getting started"

Tony,
      In my case, the Cipher brackets were very near the same height as my factory ones, so it worked out perfect.

Today's Bump.

Currently seats are shipping out 1-3 days and brackets ship out 7-14 days.

Soon I'll be posting an install thread of the Cipher E-8 seats and brackets into my Monte.

Quote Originally Posted by John Wright View Post
      Will they sit low enough in a 2gen camaro to leave some headroom for a semi-tall(6ft) guy wearing a helmet?
      John, the new brackets being used now are measure about 2" front and 3" rear off the floor. They are built lower now to mount the seat lower to the floor.

Very interested. What do these seats and brackets weigh? Application would be a '68 Charger. How do you feel about the leatherette on the cpa1026's? Their website shows a promo for free belts too with those seats, can i get that thru you?

edit: I think i like the 1018fbkgy a little better, what do those weigh also?
      Steve
      1968 Dodge Charger All Wheel Drive project Red Bull<script type="text/javascript" src="safari-extension://com.ebay.safari.myebaymanager-QYHMMGCMJR/5cce6da5/background/helpers/prefilterHelper.js"></script><script type="text/javascript" src="safari-extension://com.ebay.safari.myebaymanager-QYHMMGCMJR/85dc54c0/background/helpers/prefilterHelper.js"></script><script type="text/javascript" src="safari-extension://com.ebay.safari.myebaymanager-QYHMMGCMJR/85dc54c0/background/helpers/prefilterHelper.js"></script>

Quote Originally Posted by Motorcitydak View Post
      Very interested. What do these seats and brackets weigh? Application would be a '68 Charger. How do you feel about the leatherette on the cpa1026's? Their website shows a promo for free belts too with those seats, can i get that thru you?

edit: I think i like the 1018fbkgy a little better, what do those weigh also?

Their seats weight about 28lbs each. Plus about 10lbs mounting bracket weight per side. The faux leather is very good quality. I've not seen or felt it myself, but previous customers never had any complaints.

And yes you can get the free belts with their promo through me on those selected seats. If you'd like a quote just let me know, thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by lvrpool32 View Post
      I spoke to Cypher and they don't actually offer a Gen 1 bracket anyway and their Gen 2 brackets are in "re-design". Fabbing is no issue..I need to get them as low as possible for head room with a helmet.

Nick
      Nick,
      I ordered a pair of Cipher seats from Tony and fabbed my own mount using a 3/16" x17x15.5 plate. I laid out the bolt pattern for the floor of the car on the plate and a second bolt pattern for the seat mounts. Then simply punced the eight holes in the plate, bolted the plate to the seat then bolted the whole assy to the floor. You could not get the seat any lower unless you removed the sliders.
      Steve Hayes
      "Dust Off"
      68 Camaro

PM sent! Do you think their dual locking sliders are necessary? Also are their headlights any good? I like them a lot better than the old stock stuff
      Steve
      1968 Dodge Charger All Wheel Drive project Red Bull<script type="text/javascript" src="safari-extension://com.ebay.safari.myebaymanager-QYHMMGCMJR/5cce6da5/background/helpers/prefilterHelper.js"></script><script type="text/javascript" src="safari-extension://com.ebay.safari.myebaymanager-QYHMMGCMJR/85dc54c0/background/helpers/prefilterHelper.js"></script><script type="text/javascript" src="safari-extension://com.ebay.safari.myebaymanager-QYHMMGCMJR/85dc54c0/background/helpers/prefilterHelper.js"></script>

Quote Originally Posted by Motorcitydak View Post
      PM sent! Do you think their dual locking sliders are necessary? Also are their headlights any good? I like them a lot better than the old stock stuff
      The dual locking sliders are available only on certain seats... but I don't think they're needed unless a tech inspection requires them. I have no experience with their headlights, I would assume they're worth what they cost. PM returned.

Tony I have some Summit brackets for their ProCar copy that look real close to my Recaro brackets-think they would fit? The Summit seats feel like you are arching your back with no shoulder support (almost tilted back up at the top)and I think even with a helmet on my head doesn't touch the head rest! The Ciphers look like they tilt slightly forward in the top/shoulder area.
      1978 Black Trans Am 455 Edelbrock heads [email protected] through mufflers on pump gas
      1981 Trans Am 400 stock type motor
      79 Camaro getting a 500" 695 hp IA2 Pontiac motor
      1965 GTO project car
      470ci/Chevy dual quad 409 604 HP 64 Impala SS project
      2004 Pulse Red GTO

Skip, let me know the seat mounting points on the bracket, side to side and front to back, and I'll let you know if the Cipher's will bolt on top of the bracket.

Bump for the local boy
      Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com