Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
      Country Flag: United States
      I have pypes race pros and they drone. I'm getting rid of them.
      John McLoughlin
      1970 Pontiac Lemans
      https://www.pro-touring.com/showthre...-Lemans-Update

Running 2 chamber Thrush 2 1/4" exhuast with H pipe on a basically stock 350. Sounds good but horrible bass sound in the cab at idle.

Had Pro Street Spin techs on the 55, 3" with H pipe. Took them off because the killed the motor. Slowed the 427 down a lot. Replaced them with Dynomax bullets. Way to loud for anything but a wicked car!
      1971 Camaro 427 in waiting
      1988 C1500 Daily Driver
      1955 Bel Air, blown BBC street car

Borla XR-1's compact design, great ground clearance and sound BA...
      Bret Ervin

The BlackWidow Muffler Head Turning Sound That Performes

I think that stainless steal blackwidow muffler is gona be that new sound we,ve all been waitng for. Wow what a awsome sound you have got to hear it!!!!!!! It sounds beter than any muffler out!!!!!!!! They say it will be hiting the stores in january.

Bill you sound like a shill for these. 2 posts and both are humping a muffler that isn't even out yet.

As I posted on the other similar thread, I just swapped my magnaflows for dynomax super turbos. I think the magnaflows got louder over time- I really do. Loved them when I installed the x-pipe system six years ago, hated them enough this year to remove them.

Also cars are different. I heard a 300HP mustang with same exhaust and it was perfect, whereas my 10.5:1 408W sounded like an animal. I don't think YouTube gives you that wall of sound that reality is.

Quote Originally Posted by Bill SPEED View Post
      I think that stainless steal blackwidow muffler is gona be that new sound we,ve all been waitng for. Wow what a awsome sound you have got to hear it!!!!!!! It sounds beter than any muffler out!!!!!!!! They say it will be hiting the stores in january.

Magnaflows are packed mufflers, 6 years is quite along time for a packed muffler. IMO

Quote Originally Posted by gsxrken:937678

As I posted on the other similar thread, I just swapped my magnaflows for dynomax super turbos. I think the magnaflows got louder over time- I really do. Loved them when I installed the x-pipe system six years ago, hated them enough this year to remove them.

Patriot 60" side pipes.

I wanted side pipes. Next time around I'm making my own with a 3" ID glass packs instead of the 2" and I'm using the chrome heat shields found on big rigs because the Patriots cheap Mexican chrome is rusting out faster than the raw steal glass packs.

3" Stainless steel flowmasters because that is what Nick at American Racing Headers put on there. I had them do a whole exhaust while they had the car there to prototype new headers. I just decided to tell him "you're the pro, just pick em". I usually over think all these things. I love the way my car sounds now. Quite liveable, T56 probably helps that. it would be a tad noisy with a 4 speed
      Scott from NJ.

Vent Windows Forever! ...

Feather-light suspension, Konis just couldn't hold
      I'm so glad I took a look inside your showroom doors

Country Flag: UK
      I have a 3" X pipe into 2.5" Pypes Race Pro's, much quieter than the 2 chamber Flowmasters! Nice aggressive sound without the resonance.

68 Firebird 400, 325 cfm Edelbrock heads, .628" solid roller, TKO 600 w/3.73's, Ridetech TruTurn and 4 link with HQ coil overs, Hotchkis Swaybars, Guldstrand mod, Baer 12" PBR 4wdb, Detroit Speed Subframe Connectors, 18x9.5 & 18x12 Apex EC-7's.

I run a magnaflow single in dual out on my Camaro and it sounds fantastic. Really great tone all the time. Gets louder after a while and thats fine with me. I also have two 3in magnaflow mufflers for the buick when it's ready.
      65 Buick Skylark: Getting a LT1 and T56
      95 Camaro: DD commuter project, LT1/T56/T-Top swap
      07 Kia Spectra: Current commuter

3" oval Spintech mufflers. I had flowmasters which had the drone even with an x pipe.

Dynamax Super Turbo 17734, no drone and great sound compact package, and has the best performance feel on the car (better back pressure) for quick launches out of corners on the track

I'm running 3" Borla XS mufflers on my car. Headers into 3" x-pipe, 3"mufflers, then 2.5" tailpipes out the back. LS motor in the car.

Here is a video of it on the dyno, sound quality isn't the greatest..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=StmRZdlTus4

The mufflers aren't loud at idle, mellow while driving (just around neighborhood) and really wake up under full throttle.
      69 Camaro - G-link, 12 bolt Moser, Speedtech CA, Iforged wheels, LS2, 6spd, etc. etc. In-Progress...

www.fquick.com/jim98ta

2.5" exhaust here
      Used to have Flowmaster 40 series, they sound nice and agressive but I got tired of the drone in the interior...
      Went to Magnaflows, never looked back.\
      Also got electric cutouts, so i can 'tune' in the right sound...

http://www.popularhotrodding.com/hot...nte_carlo.html
      Andreas
      President First Gen Monte Carlo Club
      www.fgmcc.com

I'm running 2.5" Magnaflow Magnapacks on the Mustang. They really rip at high RPM and arent too bad cruising. They really need a big cammed motor or else it sounds like a dump truck. No video or sound clip though. Im thinking of putting Spintechs on it.

Dumped 2.5 2 chamber Flows and H pipe. Loved it OUTSIDE of the car.

Also, I ran no mufflers on this car. I liked it the best for some reason.

66 Mustang "Project: Ballin on a budget"
      89 Mustang "Box Wine"

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com