Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Very Rich ... Blow Through Setup ... Ideas

Setup is a Solid Roller 383 with Procharger D1SC ...

Carb Hat and Carb are from SD Concept Engineering ...

My car is extremely rich at idle and under RPM load ...

Yesterday I was able to break out my LM-2 and get some Air/Fuel Ratio Readings:

I'm seeing 11.1 AFR at idle and then richer to 10.0 at 2K, 3K, & 4K RPM Loads ...

My fuel pressure at idle is around 6.5 lbs. ... with My distributor locked out with no advance, I'm at 36 degrees of timing and I'm seeing about 14 lbs. of vacuum at the carb at idle and then as the RPMs increase, it go up to about 24 lbs. of vacuum ...

Any ideas why I'm seeing such Rich Conditions?

I'm in contact with SD Concepts as well and hoping they can get me straightened out ...

TIM
      '68 Camaro SS 383+D1SC, Orion Silver (Dyno #'s Soon!)
      '95 Camaro Z28 383 LT1 (405 RWHP/428 RWTQ, SAE - DynoJet)
      '99 Corvette LS1

Country Flag: United States
      I'm not understanding why you have vacuum increasing with RPM with a blower....but maybe I'm missing something in my head (well, y'all know that is true!) about how it works.
      What carb size? What jetting? Does it still have a power valve? What fuel pump and regulator?
      Jimmy

69 Camaro Twin Turbo'd
      58 Nomad 348 Baby Rat

http://www.fquick.com/shmoov69

There are a few things that have to be changed. First off your idle is way too rich. Your going to have to play with your IAB, main jets and HSAB. I would start with the IAB. Go a few sizes bigger. But before you do anything do a search on www.theturboforums.com There is a lot of info on there. As for your vac going up....something doesn't sound right. If your giving it gas you should loose vac then once you steady out say 3000 cruise the vac would be higher, but not at take off.
      1968 Camaro Convertible. 9" rear, Caltracks, 350 , PTC 3000 stall, Custom Twin turbo built by ME.

Got the idle fixed ... and will now move on to some of the other things and report back ... thanks guys ...

'68 Camaro SS 383+D1SC, Orion Silver (Dyno #'s Soon!)
      '95 Camaro Z28 383 LT1 (405 RWHP/428 RWTQ, SAE - DynoJet)
      '99 Corvette LS1

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com