Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Touring Granada ( Bad Grandpa)

I am building a 1979 Granada 4 door.I have watched and read most of the threads on here.I love to watch the fab work here.So here is the story.I have had many Mustangs,Capri's,Camaro's and Trans Am's.But with a gf with three kids a four door is better.I always like Granada's I had a dd for a couple years and it was fun so.I bought a 78 four door with 91,378 original miles even the ac works.I want to try to do the hot rod power tour in the next couple years.The plan 5.0 from an Explorer EFI 5 speed with four wheel disc brakes the 8.8 from same Explorer.Maybe a paxton supercharger later after the bugs have been worked out.And a set of FR500's 18x8 and 18x10.5. I want to keep the classic feel but up date a few subtle things. I am hoping some of you can help with the questions and problems I have.And since there really is no Granada boards I wanted to do a build thread here.Here is the day I got her.

And here is a pic with old school slots.Not staying just wanted to see how they looked.I have since put on a set of weld draglites till I finish the rear end swap. I have a explorer 8.8 3.73 traclok with disc brakes to go in.

The first thing I did was fix the dash bezel where the po cut it for a double din cd player.And use carbon fiber vinyl wrap to update the wood grain look.I dont have pictures of the repair yet but this is where I started.I also filled the auto slot. I got my modern drive line hydro set up yesterday.And picked up a clutch pedal setup off ebay last fall.I ordered blue led gauges to go above the steering column.I am going to do a diy rally pack.Still waiting on the gauges.

Picked up a 90 model mustang for the 5 speed and efi motor for the swap.

I have a photo shop pic someone did I really like it except the wheels.I want to make a nice cruiser with ac,power steering and cruise. Some tunes and lowered and would like to make it handle well. Any and all advice is welcomed.

I may do a Thunderbolt teardrop hood scoop and a 85ish monte carlo rear spoiler.I saw one on a two door Granada and it fit well.

Country Flag: United States
      I drove a 2 door silver 76 Granada in High School. Theywere great cars. Mine had a manual 3 speed on the floor with a bench seat.

This is going to be fun!

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com