Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Page 6 of 16 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... LastLast
      Country Flag: United States
      Quote Originally Posted by Samckitt View Post
      No room to go over the rear axle like stock?
      No room with the narrowed frame rails, tiranglulated 4 link and coilovers. I wouldn't gain any ground clearance anyway. At full droop, the axle is 1/2" from the pipes and the lower shock mount is still lower than the pipes

Sure makes it easy to drop the exhaust if need be!

Disconnect it from the header collectors and remove a few hangers?

Friend of mine called last night and congradulated me on getting an atricle of the build at LSXTV.com. Told him I never heard of it so I looked it up. Pretty cool

http://www.lsxtv.com/news/all-purpos...treet-brawler/

Mocked up the serpentine system tonight. Purchased this from Schwartz Performance. Would have fully installed it but NAPA sold me a harmonic balancer install tool that would not reach the threads in the crank. Will need to locate one tomorrow. Hope to hear it run this weekend.

Quote Originally Posted by howehot View Post
      Friend of mine called last night and congradulated me on getting an atricle of the build at LSXTV.com. Told him I never heard of it so I looked it up. Pretty cool

http://www.lsxtv.com/news/all-purpos...treet-brawler/
      Everything's looking great! That motor looks fantastic!

Congrats on the article...shouldn't they have asked your permission or something first though? They could have at least told you your car was featured. That sort of stuff bugs me a little I guess...
      -Ben, Your friendly neighborhood Rendering dude

SRD on Facebook

79 Cutlass wagon build

You would think they would ask. Looks like the info was pulled from this site. I really don't mind. I want to get this chassis out there for Schwartz. They have been super to work with and have bent over backwards to help me due to my lack of experience with a build like this. Looking back, the thought of a chassis was easy, never imagined it would involve every aspect of this Monte Carlo.

Hoped to hear it tonite, but, those damn buts, an o ring was missing on #2 injector. Made a great sprinkler. Need to fnd one tommorow and then maybe. I hope we entered the right fuel and injector calibrations on the FAST EFI. Some of the simple inputs aren't so simple for simple minded people as myself. Good thing Josh is a math wizard.

Dang! Sorry to hear about the o-ring. Please post a video of start up! I just posted mine in the multimedia thread, it's been a long haul getting to that point and it felt great to hear the motor fire. Good luck with yours!

"Some of the simple [things] aren't so simple for simple minded people as myself."

Lol! Glad I'm not the only one that feels this way...

SRD on Facebook

79 Cutlass wagon build

IT IS ALIVE. what a relief to finally hear it run. Heater core is shot. Pulled it and will get another first of the week. Now for the front clip.

It's been a long two days. Josh and I got the LS1 fired and mounted the fenders and nose. Wish I knew how much lower this is sitting vs stock. Seems much lower.

The LS1 sound angry. Can't wait to drive it. Need to call FAST for some calibration questions. I would post a video but the previous post didn't work. How do I do this with photobucket?

WOW looks great back on the ground! I really can't wait to see videos! good job!!
      Kevin S. (overseas in Germany)
      1963 Chevrolet Impala 2d ht Coupe

www.CruznArt.com
      CRUZN - Automotive Artworks

Niiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiice! My car looks like a Redneck mobile compared to that. Lookin' great!

SRD on Facebook

79 Cutlass wagon build

Looking greAT!! lookin foward to see pics outside

Quote Originally Posted by howehot View Post
      What is this color? It is beautiful and I've been looking for the right shade of blue for my malibu wagon.

Quote Originally Posted by Pyrofenix View Post
      What is this color? It is beautiful and I've been looking for the right shade of blue for my malibu wagon.
      Factory 1984 Monte Carlo SS med. blue metallic.

Just read the entire thread - this car is awesome!
      2005 LeMans Blue Corvette w/ T56 & Z51 & C6Z06 Brakes, Build Thread: https://www.pro-touring.com/showthread.php?64496
      2005 GMC Sierra 2500HD LLY / Allison
      2014 Chevy SS LS3 / 4 Door

Man those cheap wheels look superb! Looks great!
      85 monte, drift project- small block t5 and 8.8
      88 Blazer sbc
      05 300c

Moved under its own power today for a photo op. Work to do yet but getting closer.

looks great!!!!
      Kevin S. (overseas in Germany)
      1963 Chevrolet Impala 2d ht Coupe

www.CruznArt.com
      CRUZN - Automotive Artworks

man stance is spot on. nice car
      Dale Hayes
      87 turbo t
      turbonetics t60, pet stock location intercooler, ride tech coilovers, rjc exhaust, 60lb injectors with tt chip, ported heads and intake, ported tb, baer brakes, roh 17 inch wheels....now need to finish paint and get it put back together.

Great weekend. Put the first miles on it yesterday, installed the rear seat covers and Josh did the final buffing today.

Drove great. Need to adjust the Ridetechs. Had some front tire rub bedding the brakes. Very quick and precise steering, great power and firm shifts. The FAST EFI is still learning and adjusting itself. Runs better every time we start it. Still unsure on the timing settings for the XIM.

Rear seat covers turned out great by my neighbor. Ordered matching material from Procar to match the fronts. GSI should take note. They didnt check the color. Made the inerior the wrong shade, had me return it, canceled the order on me and charged me $170 restock fees. Buyer beware of GSI interiors. Frames mods for the tubbing worked great.

This build has far exceeded my expectations. Having never done this much to a car, this has turned out great. Can't thank Jeff and Dale Schwartz and their staff for the opportunity. To have this chassis is a dream. I hope I can represent them well and that they are satisfied with the end result for their business. If your building a G body you must consider this chassis. It may be pricey but look what you get that you will never have with a stock one. Come by their open house on Saturday and check it out.

Page 6 of 16 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... LastLast

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com