Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Page 16 of 16 FirstFirst ... 6 11 12 13 14 15 16
      Country Flag: United States
      Here's a lap from the USCA event at Gateway. This was also a great venue. Track was a blast and the autox was awesome.

Check out this video on YouTube:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ilb6N...e_gdata_player

Who is that in that purple car dogging you through the twistys Dan?

:D

Missed you this week, sorry you couldn't make it. We're having a blast...now that I have the car sorted out once again.
      Lance
      1985 Monte Carlo SS Street Car

Quote Originally Posted by howehot View Post
      Here's one of the later sessions

Check out this video on YouTube:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6YjR-...e_gdata_player
      Awesome!!

Haven't updated in while so,

OUSCI went great. The Wrangler wrap received a lot of attention at SEMA and my 50th place finish out of 103 invitees was very pleasing.

In preperation for the big event only a few changes were made. Schwartz Performance did a once over on the chassis and installed updated steering arms along with an alignment. The new turn in rate is amazing.

I also contacted Honest Charlie's and they sent one of their +2" spoilers. Did it make a difference? Well the balance felt great and I pushed the car harder and deeper in every track session and it kept on taking it.

I received this video from Mooney Productions, very nice footage.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cf7WB...e_gdata_player

Any updates? Hows that tick master holding up? Is it as good as everyone says? Also what clutch are you running?

Quote Originally Posted by Number1 View Post
      Any updates? Hows that tick master holding up? Is it as good as everyone says? Also what clutch are you running?
      I used an LS7 clutch and have ZERO issues all year. I can't compare the Tick master to anything else as this is the only one I've ever used. Our El Camino is getting one also.

The Monte Carlo performed great at OUSCI. Finished 50th out of 103 entries. The new steering arms, 335 Rivals and the rear spoiler made a great improvement and made me make some driving adjustments as the turn in was greatly improved. Vegas was the last time it has been driven and I'm more than ready for spring.

Here's a little clip the producer of the TV show, Search for the Ultimate Street Car, put together from OUSCI

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cf7WB-tsRYg

Well we all know you have been busy building that wonderful and powerful el camino but we need our monte carlo updates. Jk. Just wanted to know if there were any updates on the monte carlo?

I saw a few pics of it visiting with Dale Jr and a few other cars...

Really nothing new to report.

My son ran the car at the Car Craft Summer Nationals in Milwaukee and posted very good time on the autox. Besting me in the El Camino. I ran the USCA Charlotte event and posted very satisfying times in my class. There is always that "what if", but with Rival S's being worth time over the older Rival the newer tire would have put me 2nd in class on the autox. The car is working great. Only changes I wish to make are adding a bolt in 6 point cage. Looking to design and market one over the winter.

Next week I will be traveling to Willow Springs in California for Super Chevy's chassis review. So keep an eye on the newsstand.

Mary Pozzi's review of the Monte Carlo is in the current, March 2016, issue of Super Chevy. The car did very well.

http://www.superchevy.com/features/1...ral-g-in-body/

Be sure to check out the video.

It was great having someone who knew good from bad get behind the wheel. Jeff Schwartz drove on the track and skid pad. Both suggested a spring change and the ridetech coilovers are currently being updated with valving and springs. Also some pedal adjustments will be performed.

I have a new set of Rival S's mounted up for the upcoming season and can't wait for cars and cones in May.

Saw you in the march super chevy issue. A friend stopped by with a copy Tuesday to show me I'm on page 90.

PS, would love to have a Schwartz chassis under my elco, but it's still kinda out of budget for now.

I'll ask also, how have the tick master cylinders worked out for you? I modified a stock master for length adjustment, not doing the best job of releasing my Monster stage 3 clutch.

Quote Originally Posted by jlcustomz View Post
      Saw you in the march super chevy issue. A friend stopped by with a copy Tuesday to show me I'm on page 90.

PS, would love to have a Schwartz chassis under my elco, but it's still kinda out of budget for now.

I'll ask also, how have the tick master cylinders worked out for you? I modified a stock master for length adjustment, not doing the best job of releasing my Monster stage 3 clutch.
      I believe if you look item for item, brakes, suspension, rearend, rack and pinion and your labor modifying a stock chassis, the money is close to the same. Plus it's a proven package and looses 119lbs and is stiffer, 200%, than a stock G body. Just you have to spend your money in one shot and not stretched out over the years.

The tick master has been flawless.

have an 85 monte carlo what size are the rims and tires for the front and back

Page 16 of 16 FirstFirst ... 6 11 12 13 14 15 16

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com