Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Page 14 of 16 FirstFirst ... 4 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 LastLast
      Country Flag: United States
      That is fantastic Dan!! I can't imagine how proud you are of that accomplishment!

Can't wait to see the videos.

Lance
      1985 Monte Carlo SS Street Car

Congrats Dan! I read just the start of the thread, lots of catching up to do but I love the father/son aspect. Super classy looking car in person!

Geez man...give the rest of us a chance!!

Very proud of you and the car. The car seems very well sorted out now and so does the driver!! Congrats on the domination!!

Btw...you will smoke me on an autox...for sure!
      Douglas Lutes
      1988 Monte Carlo SS

"Never race anything you can't afford to set on fire and push off a cliff."

Here's the video of my 29.97 sec run at the Car Craft Summer Nationals. Only 3 cars ran in the 29's and I was the only RSE competitor to do so. After this run I was pretty sure it would hold up and earn me the RSE title.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vnnQl...e_gdata_player

sure looks slow to me! jk It was nice seeing you again, Hopfully I'll catch you another event soon.
      Justin N.

1966 Chevelle
      1992 GMC Typhoon
      1989 Jeep Wrangler CJ 6.0 Twin Turbo
      1981 Jeep CJ7

Awesome Dan! You keep getting better and better. What a great car to have representing the Monte crowd!!

A week from today, Josh and I will again head out to Arnold, NE for the Sandhills Open Road Challenge. This year they upped our speed from 91mph to 96mph. Last year we had no clue what we were doing and had one week to prepare. The Monte had less than a 1000 miles on the build and we found our new 60 lb injectors on the FedEx truck at his residence the night before we left. Josh made a spread sheet in the hotel the night before the challenge for timing.

This year should be different. The car is well sorted out and we know what we need to do to get a better finish.

The bonus of this event is the town of Arnold. This community opens its doors and treat you like family. Great people, great food, and great event.

Thanks again to optima batteries for the invite and everything you do for the hobby.

Transmission troubles will sideline the Monte for the Sandhills this weekend. Friday night it started slipping in 3rd and 4th unless in manual mode. Now it will only move when in 1 or 2 and then manually shifted. Time for something different in the trans department.

So plan B. we're taking Josh's 2010 Camaro.

After repairs I finished installing the transmission tonight. The forward sprag was the culprit, also 3-4 clutches where shot and the valve body was modified to increase pressures. The Derale pan was replace with a GM performance unit with a built in sump. Concern was that under hard cornering the fluid was being pulled from the filter causing a brief moment of lost pressure. Never saw a pan like this, has a bowl cast into the bottom that is about 2" deep. The filter extends into this bowl. Haven't test drove it yet but it moves forwards and backwards with no leaks.

LS Fest is next on the schedule. Can't wait!

I haven't see one of those pans from GM, you have a prt number? I'd like to see it as it might be a good preventative measure.
      Big dreams, small pockets....

Chris--
      '72 Cutlass S LSA/T56 Magnum
      Bowler Performance, Rushforth Wheels, ATS, Holley EFI, KORE3, Ridetech

Project Motor City Madness

I do not have a part number. If its not on the bill when I get it I will ask for it and post it later. In the meantime, here is a picture. I now think my Monte is transgendered, it has balls and now a boob. lol

Are you going to be at the Cedar Falls car show this coming Sunday?

Quote Originally Posted by williecutlass View Post
      Are you going to be at the Cedar Falls car show this coming Sunday?
      Yes. Took the Monte for a spin this afternoon and transmission worked great.

Love this car. Is a manual conversion in your sights or do you plan to keep it an auto for the long-haul?

Dan,

Congratulations on your accomplishments! You and the car seem to be coming along greatly.. I look forward to meeting you and seeing the car in person, will you be at the 2013 RTTH event?
      1986 Buick T-Type

RideTech, DSE, BAER Brakes, Forgeline Wheels, LED lighting, More!

* Get your Top of the line GPS Theft recovery devices Here!
      www.GNSperformance.com

Quote Originally Posted by monteboy84 View Post
      Love this car. Is a manual conversion in your sights or do you plan to keep it an auto for the long-haul?
      We are in the process of building an 86 El Camino, again with a Schwartz chassis under it. In fact I will be picking up the chassis within the next week. It will have a manual and with the knowledge learned the Monte will be converted over at some point. Hoping the recent upgrades will allow it to live until winter 2014. If not, it may happen sooner.

Quote Originally Posted by xxxturbo6 View Post
      Dan,

Congratulations on your accomplishments! You and the car seem to be coming along greatly.. I look forward to meeting you and seeing the car in person, will you be at the 2013 RTTH event?
      Thanks

I would have loved to attend RTTH, but with LS Fest a week before I had to choose one and Bowling Green won. Doing both would be a hoot but Sept. and Oct are very busy months for lawn application and time is limited with winter coming. Come on over next weekend.

Quote Originally Posted by howehot View Post
      Thanks

I would have loved to attend RTTH, but with LS Fest a week before I had to choose one and Bowling Green won. Doing both would be a hoot but Sept. and Oct are very busy months for lawn application and time is limited with winter coming. Come on over next weekend.
      I would love to compete at the LS fest but mine still has the little V6! Maybe some day we will do a car with an LS engine...
      1986 Buick T-Type

RideTech, DSE, BAER Brakes, Forgeline Wheels, LED lighting, More!

* Get your Top of the line GPS Theft recovery devices Here!
      www.GNSperformance.com

Got to see you and the car in CF Sunday night. You were talking with a group of people and I didn't want to intrude. Car looked great though.

The new wall of "can't believe we did this" in the shop. The Monte Carlo has received a lot of press in a year and a half and also 3 event wins and there is more to add to this collection. Never expected this when we started this build.

Page 14 of 16 FirstFirst ... 4 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 LastLast

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com