Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Page 13 of 16 FirstFirst ... 3 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 LastLast
      Country Flag: United States
      Great Project, I really enjoyed the write up!! Question for the expert I have a 86 Elcamino. I have been looking at wheels for a long time. I was wondering why you went with 18 x 10 + 25 offset (6.48 Back Spacing) and not the 18 x 10 + 12 offset (6 inch Back Spacing) and you also used spacers on the rear. Why not use a wider rear end?? And how far did you move your wheel tubs in?? I'm trying to decide weather to go with mini tubs. I know my wheel tubs are smaller then the Monte. Any information you can provide would be great!!!

Thanks RW

Great Car!!

Did you guys rewire the car or keep the stock wiring in the car

Quote Originally Posted by Rwolf15241 View Post
      Great Project, I really enjoyed the write up!! Question for the expert I have a 86 Elcamino. I have been looking at wheels for a long time. I was wondering why you went with 18 x 10 + 25 offset (6.48 Back Spacing) and not the 18 x 10 + 12 offset (6 inch Back Spacing) and you also used spacers on the rear. Why not use a wider rear end?? And how far did you move your wheel tubs in?? I'm trying to decide weather to go with mini tubs. I know my wheel tubs are smaller then the Monte. Any information you can provide would be great!!!

Thanks RW

Great Car!!
      XXR offers one offset on there wheels this was the reason fon the offset.
      The rear spacer was used because I was not sure what wheel I was going with and this was the first chassis produced so they were unsure of the width also. We are now building an 86 El Camino and it will have a 1 1/2" wider rear end. As I type this you maybe confused on the spacer. Most of that is a hat for the full float Moser rear end. This is required for the outer splines on the axle. I added an 1 1/2" spacer to this for XXR wheels.

I added 3" to the tubs. It was a very simple process and I have room for 14.5" rubber. A stock chassis will require extensive work to fit that rubber.

Hope this helps.
      Dan

Quote Originally Posted by Number1 View Post
      Did you guys rewire the car or keep the stock wiring in the car
      Stock harness and removed the ECM and related harness. The FAST EFI has it own harness.

Thanks Dan for the info:

Based on the wheel list they offer both, what are your plans for the Elcamino. I have a 86 I'm working on !! I'm currently buying the rest of the Suspension parts, ATX hubs, Once I finalize the rear wheels XXR or TSW and the rear width. I will order the 9 inch. I plan to order the 18x10 with 6" BS, Frame notch needed and mini tubs !!!!

XXR 521 Wheels 18x10 Gloss Black 5-114.3 5-120 +12
      XXR 521 Wheels 18x10 Gloss Black 5-114.3 5-120 +25

On My IMSA Monsa, I had a Ford 9 inch Floater with a 4 link, and a watts link to control movement , & Stock Cap Products Front Suspension

The El Camino is at Schwartz Performance now getting a chassis. It will have LS power, manual trans I hope, and SS nose.

Sounds Great Dan, I had the SS nose, I went with the IROC Look!! Any Specs on the wheels & tires??

Quote Originally Posted by Rwolf15241 View Post
      Sounds Great Dan, I had the SS nose, I went with the IROC Look!! Any Specs on the wheels & tires??
      Thinking the same XXR wheel with the grey center and BF Goodrich Rivals. 275/30/18 fronts and 335/30/18 rear

Do you still have the SS nose and if so do you wish to part with it?

Had a great day at the GoodGuys Heartland Nationals in Des Moines. Ended up winning the Super Sunday autocross. My winning time would have placed me 4th in the street machine class on Saturday. Very happy with the performance and the power that Jesse from West Bend Dyno Tuning found.

The Schwartz Performance chassis, ridetech shocks, Wilwood brakes and BF Goodrich KDW's are working great and the loose nut behind the wheel is slowly improving.

Congrats!

Great finish Dan, No I sold the nose awhile ago!! are your going to run the 18x12 in the rear with a Mini tubs?? 61 inch Ford 9 Rear?? I guessed a 60 inch will work for my application with the 6 inch back spacing!!

Saw the car in Des Moines last week. Awesome set up!

This weekend the Monte will compete in Real Street Eliminator athe CarCraft Summer Nationals in St. Paul. Hoping to improve on the third place finish we had last year. If your in the area, stop and say hi.

The Montep performed very well yesterday in RSE at Car Craft. Had the top time of the event in the launch box, 2nd in class on the autox to a ZL1 Camaro, and was leading in class at the dyno. The dyno won't last as several are headed that way this morning. I need to trim 0.4 seconds on the Autox to top the new ZL1 and it's modern technology. Day two starts I a few hours and I plan to prevail.

Go get 'em Dan!!!
      Lance
      1985 Monte Carlo SS Street Car

Car is sick and great write up. Wish I had the coin for a chassis to put under my 85 442.
      Jake P

65 GTO

85 442

Ran a 29.97 on the autox today to take the lead in RSE. My 2.91 at the launch box still stands as the top in RSE. Going into tomorrow I have the overall lead, hope it stays that way.

A G-body has won RSE at CarCraft Summer Nationals and it's mine. My 2.91 launch box and 29.97 autocross times were the fastest in all 3 classes. Morning rain didn't last nearly long enough and the track provided some intense moments for me waiting for the competition to end.

I think the question of is this chassis worth the money is answered. It beat Vettes with up to 750hp, a supercharged Viper, a new ZL1 Camaro, and several great pro touring cars. The driver is also improving.

A year ago with less than 500 miles on the build I finished third, with no experience, and said then I would win next year. I love it when a plan comes together.

good job and congrats, all the hard work paid off.
      Dale Hayes
      87 turbo t
      turbonetics t60, pet stock location intercooler, ride tech coilovers, rjc exhaust, 60lb injectors with tt chip, ported heads and intake, ported tb, baer brakes, roh 17 inch wheels....now need to finish paint and get it put back together.

So I'm hoping that you have started "when time allows", returning the favors and helping out new drivers, with tips and driving assistance, since it's evident that the loose nut behind the wheel has tightened up

that's fantastic, what an accomplishment!!

Tory

Page 13 of 16 FirstFirst ... 3 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 LastLast

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com