Results 1 to 9 of 9
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    Arizona
    Posts
    5,395
    Country Flag: United States

    Safety Gear Check:

    Just a reminder that we can still ship Safety Gear in time for Run To The Shore. Most sizes are in stock. We all spend good money on our cars. Spend a little to protect yourself and your family with basic safety gear. Pricing is super competitive with mainstream sources. The difference is that we speak pro-touring. Shop at link below and thanks!
    /Steevo

    http://twistmachine.com/shopping/ind...=index&cPath=7

    ________________
    Steve Chryssos


    Ridetech.com
    Email: stevenATridetech.com

    My PT Garage:
    https://www.pro-touring.com/dto_show...preview&g=1288


  2. #2
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Woodbine, MD
    Posts
    2,769
    Country Flag: United States
    ok so let me try to get this straight. If we plan on running in the "limited" class then we do not need the jacket/gloves/shoes...all we need is the SA2005 or newer helmet?

    I'm trying to get this straight b/c my g/f will be out there in her 04 Mustang Cobra and we don' want to invest in all this stuff if we don't have to.
    Douglas Lutes
    1988 Monte Carlo SS

    "Never race anything you can't afford to set on fire and push off a cliff."

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Hamilton, NJ
    Posts
    4,227
    Country Flag: Swaziland
    Quote Originally Posted by SicMonte View Post
    ok so let me try to get this straight. If we plan on running in the "limited" class then we do not need the jacket/gloves/shoes...all we need is the SA2005 or newer helmet?

    I'm trying to get this straight b/c my g/f will be out there in her 04 Mustang Cobra and we don' want to invest in all this stuff if we don't have to.
    i hope so, that is the way i read it.

    Steve's pricing and service is great.
    Scott from NJ.

    Vent Windows Forever! ... My junk, featuring the Red Dragon ... NastyZ28 ... NJ Camaros & Firebirds

    Feather-light suspension, Konis just couldn't hold
    I'm so glad I took a look inside your showroom doors

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Jersey Shore
    Posts
    668
    Country Flag: United States
    Just ordered a helmet! Great price too... Thanks Steevo!
    -Chris
    '69 Corvette
    '55 Chevy Hardtop
    AutoWorks Middletown, NJ
    @autoworksnj for corvette and shop car pics
    https://www.pro-touring.com/showthre...e-Build-Thread

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    HICKSVILLE, NY
    Posts
    15
    Country Flag: United States
    what is the difference between the two classes? do we have a choice or is it based on vehicle(horsepower suspension etc.)? please clarify.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Nor Cal
    Posts
    2,203
    Country Flag: United States
    Quote Originally Posted by streetfytr68 View Post
    Just a reminder that we can still ship Safety Gear in time for Run To The Shore. Most sizes are in stock. We all spend good money on our cars. Spend a little to protect yourself and your family with basic safety gear. Pricing is super competitive with mainstream sources. The difference is that we speak pro-touring. Shop at link below and thanks!
    /Steevo

    http://twistmachine.com/shopping/ind...=index&cPath=7
    Steevo -- have you been in contact with the ASCS gang since RTTC? I ask because at that event nothing beyond a helmet was required for any event.... many of us wore shorts on the road course....
    1968 Camaro SB2.2
    2004 Mustang LS2
    2014 Keezer

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Woodbine, MD
    Posts
    2,769
    Country Flag: United States
    If I went out and bought gloves and shoes etc for nothing I am going to be severelly pissed.
    Douglas Lutes
    1988 Monte Carlo SS

    "Never race anything you can't afford to set on fire and push off a cliff."

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Peoria, AZ
    Posts
    155
    Country Flag: United States
    Quote Originally Posted by SicMonte View Post
    If I went out and bought gloves and shoes etc for nothing I am going to be severelly pissed.
    Consider it an investment in your safety.
    Of course saying that, after the initial ASCS rules were published, this gal ran out and brought not only the gloves and shoes, but also a fire extinguisher, a jacket, 4 pt harness, harness bar and seat designed for said harness.
    Right after that, they altered the rules.
    Such is life,
    On the bright side, I no longer slide around in my seat, and I'm probably not going to die in a car fire while on track...
    Valerie Pichette

    1988 GTA LS3 (418 stroker)/ T56 - "DragonLady GTA"

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Woodbine, MD
    Posts
    2,769
    Country Flag: United States
    Quote Originally Posted by DesertFox View Post
    Consider it an investment in your safety.
    Of course saying that, after the initial ASCS rules were published, this gal ran out and brought not only the gloves and shoes, but also a fire extinguisher, a jacket, 4 pt harness, harness bar and seat designed for said harness.
    Right after that, they altered the rules.
    Such is life,
    On the bright side, I no longer slide around in my seat, and I'm probably not going to die in a car fire while on track...
    if any of us were really serious about safety then none of us would be buying just a jacket. A full suit, gloves, shoes, nomex underwear and a head sock is the only acceptable way to be "safe". Well at least in my eyes it is. Having said that I sent out my Sparco suit in to get re-certified just to be sure. I got matching SFI rated Sparco gloves and shoes which were a pretty penny. I didn't want to skimp. After all this preparation I see that at RTTA and RTTC the rules were bent to adjust to the track and participants. I understand that it is an investment in safety but it is a little annoying when so much effort is put into something only to have the rules changed. Just my .02 cents.
    Douglas Lutes
    1988 Monte Carlo SS

    "Never race anything you can't afford to set on fire and push off a cliff."



Tags for this Thread