Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

HOT ROD Drag Week!

Pro Touring is all about performance, streetability, and versatility, right? Come prove it at HOT ROD Magazine's first-ever Drag Week. Here's the low-down: We're kicking things off on September 11 at Kansas City International Raceway, then hitting up five different tracks in five days. The lowest average e.t. wins, cars must be driven from track to track, and no trailers or support vehicles are allowed.

This event is not an invitational, so any street-legal car with a current registration can enter. Rules? Just about anything goes, and you can make as many passes as time allots. The prize? A HOT ROD jacket, profuse glory in the magazine, and the liberty to run your mouth online in self-praise for a year until it's time to defend your title.

The entry fee is $125 if you preregister by October 15th, and you're on your own for lodging. Sign up by calling 877/413-6515 or log onto www.hotrod.com for the full scoop.

Stephen Kim
      Staff Editor
      HOT ROD Magazine

Country Flag: United States
      How cool is this?
      Stephen,
      First, welcome to the site. I hope you come around often.
      Second, this sounds like a great deal. Since we encourage drivers, not trailer queens, those close should jump on this.
      Third, there is another thread right now about events in the open discussion area, I hope you will read it.
      Thanks,
      Bill

Trailers are for BOATS!

Thanks for letting us know! :3gears:
      67 Camaro RS that will be faster than anything Mary owns.

Umm..... Pre-Register by October 15, yet the event starts September 11? Hmmmm...... Guess I gotta go flip my calendar backwards.
      Allen Ortega
      Meanstreets Performance Fabrication

---------------------------------------

Vegetarians are the reason for global warming

Humm! Scheduleing is kind of bad for me, but I'm thinkin!

http://forums.hotrod.com/ubbthreads/...=0&Number=5031
      Looks like 230 to 330 miles daily plus track time
      Bill

Trailers are for BOATS!

Here's an invite....If you have a problem while doing this event, I live exactly half way between KCIR in Kansas City and the Dragway in St. Loius (actually Madison, IL) at exit 111 on Interstate 70. I've got space to help out and enough parts to help the Mopar contingent.

Hell - this may turn into a party. There goes the yard...again.
      Tony Edler
      Illumin8s
      See Illumin8s at www.illumin8s.com

'73 Dodge Challenger

We are really trying to get our 68 Dart ready for this event. It's not exactly pro-touring, but since it was brought up...

I don't have it in my sig, but I am part of a motorsports team at Oakland University. We are currently building a 68 Dodge Dart based around a brand new crate 5.7L HEMI. Mopar sent us the engine, and some prototype heads are supposed to be coming soon. Take a look at our website for a few pics and some more details. The car is being built specifically for drag racing, but there is also a Dart Swinger in the future that will be built for a future One Lap.

http://www.oakland.edu/org/pdmc/dart.htm

This club is a big reason my Camaro is not coming together as fast as I would like. We also have a 98 Neon we are racing in SCCA's SSC class.
      69 Camaro
      427, 4 speed, TTII's, Konis, JL8 clone brakes, solid AL body bushings, some assembly still required

69 Corvette
      427, 4 speed, TTII's, Bilsteins, HEI, what I work on while the Camaro sits

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com