Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Car & Driver Race series at the Silverdome this weekend

https://www.precisionracing.org/index.php

Event Details:

3 drag race tries
      3 Autocross attempts (1 minute course - 0.9 miles)
      5 skid pad attempts (100 ft diameter)

Anybody going? They're putting me in the Open Touring class (I think because it's just easier than totaling up all of the points for modifications).

If you go, find me and say hi.

-Matt

Well, it downpoured as soon as I got done putting the race tires on the car, so I changed back to the street tires in the rain. After a few hour delay, they started with a wet track. I kept the streets on after a small lugnut issue prevented getting them bolted back on the car.

The car pushed like a pig thru every corner and I couldn't get it to oversteer, even with a lot of throttle input. Lessons "reinforced" (because I should have learned them by now): 1) 15" wheels and Firestone tires suck. 2) My home-garage alignment stinks. 3) Don't pull vinyl stickers off without heating them with a hairdryer. (I pulled off a 4"x6" square of paint from my driver's side door trying to get the sticker off. I'm pretty pissed right now about the whole thing.)

Country Flag: United States
      Sounds like fun, I wasn't aware that there was an event going on at the Silverdump this weekend. Don't they have drive-in movie theater screens set up there too?
      1968 Pro-Touring Camaro LS1

Project: Next Year
      - Start date; June '01
      - Completion; Sometime next year or the year after.....

Tony,
      It was a few weeks ago. I think the screens are still up but I'm not sure if/when they show movies.

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com