Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Anyone hear of these no name tubular a arms....feedback please

I have found some no name tubular a arms on ebay from "KMJ PERFORMANCE"
      $285 for a complete set of uppers/lowers with full bushings and they are tubular.
      Anyone have these? If so....any regrets?.....Why so cheap?

Momma always said if it sounds too good to be true............
      CAN YOU BUILD PROTOUR ON A BUDGET?! NOT!
      Time isn't something you have!
      It's something you make!

Country Flag: United States
      Why so cheap??? One word... China ;) Cannot say I have any experience with them though.
      Nick DiPrenda

Country Flag: New Zealand
      Ooow you're about to hit a nerve here...check this out:-

https://www.pro-touring.com/showthre...&highlight=KMJ

I went with SPC in the end, which if you search are not entirely without issue either. Had I been stateside I would have bought both just to check the cheapies out. Guys I heard from were happy with them.

Caveat Emptor
      Chris

68 El Camino - Street Track Drag - in progress..

Toyota Station Wagon - only thing that actually runs....

We've done this topic to death....do a search.
      Tim Tracy
      68 Camaro 496 / T56 - Never Finished
      68 Camaro Real Z/28 - Under Restoration
      67 Camaro Project - Never going to have time

Quote Originally Posted by TT302Z28 View Post
      We've done this topic to death....do a search.
      Thanks guys for that forum referance....just what I needed..... both sides have some good points to consider.
      Didnt think to search under "cheap chinese crap"
      CAN YOU BUILD PROTOUR ON A BUDGET?! NOT!
      Time isn't something you have!
      It's something you make!

There is a company in China building these a-arms. Companies like KMJ and many others are just buying these from a distributor and labeling them as their own product. Basically there is an importer receiving these and distributing them to other companies like KMJ to sell. I recommend to stay clear..
      Ryan
      UMI Performance
      www.umiperformance.com

Join us on Facebook!

Quote Originally Posted by skinnyboy67 View Post
      Didnt think to search under "cheap chinese crap"

Unfortunately, the sad truth is that companies that actually take time to do R&D on parts usually get ripped off by companies abroad and even here. This is a constant issue we deal with. We take great pride in the fact that we design, build, test and back our products right here in the USA. Our parts are also made from US steel which is not always the case from US companies.

http://www.bmrsuspension.com/?page=p...id=25&catid=75

I have a friend who bought a full set of control arms for a 70's A body (GTO). The company siad that they were made in Texas I beleive. They looked nice but within just a few months of them being installed all of the ball joint boots have rips and tears in them. It looks like the rubber is dry rotted. Mind you the car has not even been on the road yet.

Anyone hear of these no name tubular a arms....feedback please

I bought I set and installed them over the winter so far the only issues I am having with my 71 Chevelle is that my steering is loose but I think that the problem is my steering box. As far as the rubber going bad I have not seen that yet

Quote Originally Posted by Jcmolina View Post
      I bought I set and installed them over the winter so far the only issues I am having with my 71 Chevelle is that my steering is loose but I think that the problem is my steering box. As far as the rubber going bad I have not seen that yet
      I'd be more concerned with the quality of the welds and the overall metal. Imagine what problems a control arm falling apart at 60+ MPH would cause.
      Dan
      1968 Camaro v2
      LS6 :: Viper T56 :: C5 Brakes :: Hotchkis Suspension

Dont do it... I know of someone who bought these "attempted knock offs" from a no name company in China and the weld broke loose on it. When they stripped it they found that the steel used was very porous and of very low quality. There is a reason scrap businesses over here are doing very well... ALOT of recycled material being bought overseas cause they dont have the natural resources we do. They take everything and ANYTHING alot of the times not even separating it out or grading it. Not saying this is the case with everyone over there but do you really want to take that chance on something so important? Save your money and buy "overseas" parts that your life doesn't depend on, not on parts that do!!... Just my .02 cents and I speak with a huge deal of knowledge of manufacturing and dealing hands on with and inside of manufacturing plants overseas. Oh and for anyone who wants to talk about how they have to follow certain "specs" or guidelines I have seen them cut corners for profit not caring in the least about the "specs" in their contract. Contracts to them and their government are worthless as they have the "better to beg for forgiveness than ask for permission" attitude.

Mark
      TOOFUN

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com