Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Country Flag: United States

Looking for Boom Tubes, any sources?

Since my sidepipe idea seems to be going nowhere, have also been thinking of NASCAR style Boom tubes exiting just in front of the rear tires. DR Gas has a web page that has them listed but no way to order online. When I have called to place an order I just get a recording even during business hours. Does anyone know what is up with DR Gas or does someone have another source for boom tubes?

Steve Hayes
      "Dust Off"
      68 Camaro

Given sufficient initial acceleration, even pigs can fly!

i see them on ebay allot

Try racing junk.com or any of the other used racing parts places. They are readily available. And usually in pretty good shape. I picked up a Cup road course set up a few years ago from Muscle Motor Sports in SC. Was pretty cheap too. Especially since one of the guys had relatives near Daytona and brouth it home on vacation for me. But it was a complete setup from hearders to tail pipes. Oval pipes, mufflers, and x-pipe. Xpipe alone cost almost 500 new. I gor the whole setup for 250. Also, Dr. Gas had some of their old style tubes on clearence a few months back. VERY cheap. Might want to check them out too. I need to find a set for mine too. The tail pipes are simple 3 1/2 oval tubes. I like the flat style better for looks. Will be curious how it sounds when I start my motor later this spring/summer.
      67 Firebird Convert 455 +.060 Johnny Winters TH400 74cc KRE d-port flowed @ 310 cfm heads piston dished 16cc H-beam rods Comp Cam 305-AH-8 cam 108* LSA 253/260 @.050 duration .577/.594 lift w/1.65 rockers Ford 9" 3.55 Detroit Locker M/T Sportsman Radials 31x18x15 on Convo Pro 15x15s

Honest dad that 455 on the side of the block is a serial number

Dr. Gas is apparently closing down. I have been unable to contact anyone at their phone number and have not gotten any reply to my email.
      Steve Hayes
      "Dust Off"
      68 Camaro

try raceprovenparts on ebay.

1968 Camaro widebody project
      2004 Mustang LS2
      1964 Continental
      2014 Keezer

Flash,
      I hope you will post pics of that boom tube once it is installed.
      Steve Hayes
      "Dust Off"
      68 Camaro

Quote Originally Posted by TheJDMan View Post
      Flash,
      I hope you will post pics of that boom tube once it is installed.
      Best I got so far. Will have video and better pics hopefully soon.

This was pre-paint at the exhaust shop.

2004 Mustang LS2
      1964 Continental
      2014 Keezer

Uh Dave, is this your attempt to get past the noise police at Laguna lol? What does that bad boy sound like?
      Please Subscribe to the AutoXandTrack YouTube Channel

Autocross and track blog about running autocross and track events with pro touring cars

Quote Originally Posted by Chad-1stGen View Post
      Uh Dave, is this your attempt to get past the noise police at Laguna lol? What does that bad boy sound like?
      Actually Laguna did play a part in this..... we were brainstorming and working on a plan to make it quieter to pass sound there when I woke up and realized that is retarded and I'd be damned if I was gonna spend money to get QUIETER and LOSE power! So I went the other direction and now I say I have 2 bolt on exhaust systems -- loud and LOUDER. :D

It sounds pretty ridiculous to me but I'll let you all decide once you hear it in 2 weeks.
      2004 Mustang LS2
      1964 Continental
      2014 Keezer

Quote Originally Posted by Flash68 View Post
      Actually Laguna did play a part in this..... we were brainstorming and working on a plan to make it quieter to pass sound there when I woke up and realized that is retarded and I'd be damned if I was gonna spend money to get QUIETER and LOSE power! So I went the other direction and now I say I have 2 bolt on exhaust systems -- loud and LOUDER. :D

It sounds pretty ridiculous to me but I'll let you all decide once you hear it in 2 weeks.
      Hahaha! I love it and I can't wait to hear it! Do I have to wait the full two weeks or will you be posting a video before then?
      Please Subscribe to the AutoXandTrack YouTube Channel

Autocross and track blog about running autocross and track events with pro touring cars

Quote Originally Posted by Chad-1stGen View Post
      Hahaha! I love it and I can't wait to hear it! Do I have to wait the full two weeks or will you be posting a video before then?
      I've been meaning to make a video and get some better pics but not sure if it's a priority with only 2 weeks til Go Time. Here is a vid of what it sounds like from inside but it's not anywhere near representative IMO.

Where did the Insert Youtube option go by the way??

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dUlDfcovFJA&list
      2004 Mustang LS2
      1964 Continental
      2014 Keezer

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com