Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Country Flag: United States

New guy from Ca.

Hey every1. New guy here from Ca. I have 2 mustangs and I have alot of questions. The first one which is my DD is a 94 cobra and I would like to eventually start taking it to the track. It has a few mods and handles pretty decent. My 1st question is what do I need to get on the track besides a helmet and a 4 point harness? (just a fun track day @ big willow or streets not competition) The second is a project car 1968 gt fastback. I am goin to start restoring it. I would like to do the suspension first and I know absolutely nothing about the subject. I want to stick w/ the original 390 block a tad bid hopped up but I was told it's too heavy up front to corner well.

Welcome to the site. You want to look for a NASA HPDE 1 event to get started in track days, this is an instructor led lap session and is generally inexpensive and safe. For the 68 Mustang I would give the guys at Maier Racing a call, theyre up in hayward and know how to make a mustang handle amazing with quality american parts at a reasonable price.
      -James

1974 Z28 SCCA C Prepared
      1990 Firebird NASA CMC
      2005 Mustang GT SCCA F-Street (new for 2015)
      1989 Civic Si SCCA STC

A company called Spectre Performance had a wicked fastback in Hot Rod a few issues back. They make carbon fiber parts for old Stangs ike yours. Check em out.
      1968 Charger R/T, EFI,SC,6-speed

Hey, welcome to the site. The 4 point harness isn't even necessary for track days, but not a bad idea either. Add good brake fluid and decent brake pads and get out there. For an autox, just take your car out as it is.
      Brett H.

1979 Pontiac Firebird Trans Am
      1991 Mazda Miata
      2005 Ford Mustang GT

1987 Ford Mustang GT - Sold 06-29-2014
      1988 Oldsmobile Cutlass Ciera - RIP 9-17-2011
      1992 Chevrolet Corvette - Sold 10-12-2017

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com