Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Country Flag: United States

Parking lot detail.

I don't know about you guys, but I don't cherish the thought of opening my hotel room on Saturday morning and seeing my truck, trailer, and car not there. As David Pozzi noted in an earlier thread, the dreaded thieves have stolen cars/truck/trailers from this hotel parking lot before.

So, without further ado, I'll be the first to volunteer to stand guard duty in the wee hours. If we have enough volunteers only a 1/2 hour tour should cover us. We can draw straws to determine what time each person starts.

Thoughts?
      VaporWorx. We Give You Gas http://www.vaporworx.com

I'm a night owl, so I'm up for it if we end up at the same hotel. I'll probably still be on a rush from hearing my car run on the dyno.

Should know more soon, but for now, you can coun't me in.

Kris
      Custom Car Design, Hot Rod Art, and more...

I'm in for an hour or two.

Vince said that you can leave trucks and trailers at the track Friday night (locked inside the track), so I could give shuttle one or two guys to our hotel. We're staying at the Willow Inn & Suites (6 miles from the track).
      -Matt

Welders: The only people that think a co-worker catching on fire is funny.

I'll bring my ar-15 and USP 45.......just kidding. Bakersfield is definetly scummy, my dad and I call it the "2 tooth minimum town" because you have to be missing at least 2 teeth to live there!

I'm up for it. If my diminutive size doesn't scare them, the fact that I'm an ******* should do fine.
      Allen Ortega
      Meanstreets Performance Fabrication

---------------------------------------

Vegetarians are the reason for global warming

*******= pervert
      *******= dumbaxe
      *******=goofball....ok I give up?
      MrQuick ΜΟΛ'ΩΝ ΛΑΒ'Ε

From the Journals of Henry Rollins:

"November 23, Bakersfield, California. Now this is some place. Never have I been in such a hovel. I don't like Bakersfield, home of the brain-damaged youth...still feeling like ****, 23 years now, my God. I could barely move this morning. If I was a good man, I'd take all of my meager earnings and devote them to a good cause, like the total destruction of Bakersfield by firestorm. Gas, napalm, whatever it takes. I'm going in. If you don't hear from me in 8 hours, you call in the airstrike."

I love that guy.

Kris
      Custom Car Design, Hot Rod Art, and more...

You give me a TV, and Xbox, and Halo and I can stay up all night! I'm in.
      Kevin.
      69 Firebird "Eternity"

Quote Originally Posted by Jagarang
      You give me a TV, and Xbox, and Halo and I can stay up all night! I'm in.
      Hell yeah Kevin! If I was by you guys I would be willing to help too. Good luck guys.
      Adam_______Offical Car Name "ILLUSION"
      383 Stroker, Stock cast heads, T-56 tranny, 4.11 gears, 2002 T/A dash, 4th gen interior including seatbelts, power lumbar seats, 18" Budnik Wheels, Hydraboost, QA1 shocks, DC Controller, Power steering conversion, fuel cell, unique exhaust set up........
      ILLUSION Website-----------Old Website--------------My Car on Lateral-g.net----------- Need something designed?-AdFabDesign

I may be a bit confused here, are you all reffering to a particular event? I was talking more specificaly about next years Power Tour. Is there an event this weekend?
      Kevin.
      69 Firebird "Eternity"

Yeah Kevin, Vince's party/track day this weekend.

I'm up for a guard stint, and I'll have a rental car so I can shuttle people Friday night and Saturday.
      Brian D
      Snotty Bimmer driver.

DOH>>>>>

DOH........In that case I can't help! If anybody is going on PTour next year, perhaps we can arrange lodging at the same hotels and cover each others cars/trailers etc!
      Kevin.
      69 Firebird "Eternity"

Oh come on, you don't want to fly out here to babysit our cars in the nice dry desert heat? At least it ain't raining!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Mean 69
      Oh come on, you don't want to fly out here to babysit our cars in the nice dry desert heat? At least it ain't raining!!!
      How ye jests!
      You don't realize how tempting your statement really is, Dennis just missed and Emily is still on her way! It's the hurricane season I'd glady trade for some nice dry desert air!
      Kevin.
      69 Firebird "Eternity"

You guys are so nice to watch out for each other, Carls right I would hate to have that happen,
      Steve68- 1968 Camaro SS LSX T56, 12bolt 3:90's, 18" Fikse Profil 13s, Deep Fathom Green paint, Spearcos, just bunch of old junk because another member said so, LOL

70 Nova SS street/drag 454, T400, 3:55, ugly!

Quote Originally Posted by yody
      I'll bring my ar-15 and USP 45.......just kidding. Bakersfield is definetly scummy, my dad and I call it the "2 tooth minimum town" because you have to be missing at least 2 teeth to live there!
      You have a USP .45 too?? I love that damn gun..

I used to sleep in my truck at night.. was cheaper than a hotel and I got to guard my stuff..

A guys whole rig (truck, trailer, car) were stolen at the Good Guys Columbus show.. be safe out there!!
      "A ship in port is safe, but that's not what ships are built for."

1968 Track Rat Camaro:
      https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SGHJ5c1yLIo&t=2s

1971 Chevelle Wagon with a few mods:
      https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WBVPR3sRgyU

You guys might try calling a security company and see what it costs to have a security guard there all night. Might be cheap enough that you can all chip in 10.00

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com