Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Threaded View

Country Flag: United States

Vortec head advice 350 sbc

Hey guys, I posted this over on TC as well, but looking for all the advice I can get...

Looking for a few opinions on carburetor, camshaft, etc. for a spirited street car (67 Camaro).

I just picked up a clean used set of Vortec 906 heads (assembled w/valve springs, self aligning rocker arms) with a Edelbrock Vortec RPM intake and am looking for some suggestions. My current engine is a bit of a dog. It is a very stock 350, casting numbers 10054727, '87-'95, center bolt valve covers, non-vortec, summit racing headers, and an Edelbrock 1406 600cfm carb. 4 spd Saginaw, 3.31's 12 bolt posi.

I'd like to keep the heads the way they are...I'll be installing the new heads and intake sometime in the next couple of months, and it just needs to hold me over for a year or two when I do a 500+hp LS swap.

Will my 600cfm Eddy be enough? Or would the 650cfm Edelbrock AVS be a better fit? Would the 800cfm Edelbrock AVS be too big? If I buy a new carb now, it needs to be sufficient for the LS swap as well.

Thoughts on cam selection? I don't believe this block is setup for a roller cam...So, stick with the stock one for now? Hydraulic flat tappet? Lunati? Comp Cams? 262? 268? Thanks.

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com