Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
      Country Flag: United States
      Very nice! Once my T56 is installed and I know where the shifter will be I will be ordering one of these.

Larry Callahan
      Founder/Administrator of Pro-Touring.com, G-Machines.com and HostMyJunk.com
      To advertise on Pro-Touring.com click here

This is the console with the F body trim line. We also added the optional shifter plate. The original pictures show the full console before it is trimmed to fit. Although this console is designed for the F body, we wanted to make sure it would fit in just about anything by changing the trim line.

Name:  IMAG0826.jpg
Views: 11787
Size:  118.7 KBName:  IMAG0819.jpg
Views: 7122
Size:  143.3 KBName:  IMAG0818.jpg
Views: 10582
Size:  137.3 KBName:  IMAG0820.jpg
Views: 6941
Size:  106.1 KB

I am happy to say we have the Gen 2 Stiletto center console up on the website. Check it out at www.modernclassicsinteriors.com

Country Flag: Australia
      I just placed my ordered for the new console c/w glove box and cup holders and now I can't wait to get it fitted, its going to finish the interior off just perfect.

Big thanks to Mike for fielding all my questions in a quick and professional manner.

Cheers
      Lyndsay

Go Hard or Go Home

hey Mike if you are going that far, to make that work with 2nd Gen's how about an optional manual trans opening the size of the shifter tunnel?

this piece
      Name:  IQ-571.jpg
Views: 6325
Size:  21.3 KB

We can do that. The shifter plate that you see in the picture can be modified to work with different set ups. We are currently working on modifications for the horseshoe shifter. When we are done with that I will take a look at this, I should be able to mold that right into our shifter plate.

Quote Originally Posted by MCI View Post
      We can do that. The shifter plate that you see in the picture can be modified to work with different set ups. We are currently working on modifications for the horseshoe shifter. When we are done with that I will take a look at this, I should be able to mold that right into our shifter plate.
      Dammit Mike!! How can I resist this purchase, if you continuosly accomodate us by makig this piece even more customized???LOL

I can send you a shifter tunnel, PM me

i'm planning on installing a console in my 1969 Camaro that will work with a double din head unit. Your console for the second gen camaro looks like what I had in mind. Do you know if it will fit in a first gen. Do you have any pics of such an installation? I'd like to have 2 cup holders and a glove box, but wonder if that will leave room for power window switches?
      1969 Camaro - LSA motor, 6L90 transmission, TCI front subframe, TCI torque arm rear suspension, Ford 9" rearend

Quote Originally Posted by terrydmorgan View Post
      i'm planning on installing a console in my 1969 Camaro that will work with a double din head unit. Your console for the second gen camaro looks like what I had in mind. Do you know if it will fit in a first gen. Do you have any pics of such an installation? I'd like to have 2 cup holders and a glove box, but wonder if that will leave room for power window switches?
      We can send you a console that has not been trimmed for the gen two. That way you can custom fit it in your car. Check the measurements on our website to make sure it is the right length, we can shorten the arm rest a little if it is to long.

Quote Originally Posted by MCI View Post
      I am happy to say we have the Gen 2 Stiletto center console up on the website. Check it out at www.modernclassicsinteriors.com
      Any installed pictures that show the position in the car as it mates with the lower dash?

Sorry for the delay, spring break was great.
      Ok, this is the factory trim line we have decided to go with on the Gen 2 console. The bottom trim line is lower than the factory line so we can cover more of the tunnel. We have trim lines established for this console to fit Gen 1 And Gen 2. The next one we pull out if the molds will be trimmed for the Gen 1, I will post some pictures of that when we have it. It is actually pretty close to the Gen 2 trim line.
      We finaly have some finished pictures starting to roll in, my web guy is setting up a page on the website with project pictures this week.
      Our product line is about to grow again too, we have 3 new consoles coming before the end of the month and a new full interior kit for 1st Gen Camaro and a kit for Mustangs. Here is a sneak peak at the dash brow plug for the Mustang.
      The trim line on the dash brow is 1/8" above the router guide. This is a vac form plug, it requires a more complex flange and router guide than a fiberglass tool, so when you are looking at this plug keep in mind that every thing below the first step in the flage is trimmed away.

Name:  IMAG0688.jpg
Views: 6307
Size:  130.7 KB

Name:  IMAG0835.jpg
Views: 7114
Size:  146.0 KBName:  IMAG0839.jpg
Views: 6132
Size:  134.3 KBName:  IMAG0836.jpg
Views: 6334
Size:  164.1 KB

Country Flag: Australia
      You guys do great work.....I'd be all over that if it'd work with how my shifter is offset mounted...but it wouldn't. I'll have to make something up custom.
      Smooth design work, guys! I like how you can make it personalised with the different options.
      Regards,
      Leigh

Sydney, Australia
      1971 Firebird 455

https://www.pro-touring.com/showthre...Project/page27

Just on the Mustang/Camaro dash plug, don't suppose you can make them a little wider (ie extend the center section) and reverse to right hand drive? This would be for an Australian car that is a little wider than Camaros and Mustangs but I'd love to use one of these dashes as both parts and layouts are much better than the car I'm wanting to use them on.

[QUOTE=gpierce;929532]Just on the Mustang/Camaro dash plug, don't suppose you can make them a little wider (ie extend the center section) and reverse to right hand drive? This would be for an Australian car that is a little wider than Camaros and Mustangs but I'd love to use one of these dashes as both parts and layouts are much better than the car I'm wanting to use them on.[/

We can modify the parts to fit.

Thanks for that. Can you tell me the measurements you need to modify? I can do some pics and tag with measurements, and/or whatever you need.

Quote Originally Posted by gpierce View Post
      Thanks for that. Can you tell me the measurements you need to modify? I can do some pics and tag with measurements, and/or whatever you need.
      Let's start with some pictures and the measurement between the A pilars at the bottom of the windshield. Straight accross, don't follow the shape of the windshield when measuring.

I would like to see one installed and covered

Quote Originally Posted by 5spd540 View Post
      I would like to see one installed and covered
      We are still waiting for the first car to be finished , they are working on the body at this point. Unfortunately these builds take time.

MCI,

Really interested in the Gen2 console, but I have a few questions for ya...

1) Do you have any pics of the Gen 2 console where it mates up to a Firebird dash?

2) How does the console mount to the floor pan, using the two exist brackets from the factory?

3) Is the console portion removable like the factor for access?

4) If the cup holder option is added, is this removable or is it fastened/molded to the main body?

Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Chadman27 View Post
      MCI,

Really interested in the Gen2 console, but I have a few questions for ya...

1) Do you have any pics of the Gen 2 console where it mates up to a Firebird dash?

2) How does the console mount to the floor pan, using the two exist brackets from the factory?

3) Is the console portion removable like the factor for access?

4) If the cup holder option is added, is this removable or is it fastened/molded to the main body?

Thanks!
      I will make a couple of calls to get some pictures, is this a first gen body?
      We don't supply any brackets, in most cases the console can be mounted to the bottom of the dash with two L brackets and one bracket at the back of the arm rest.
      If you order the shifter plate with the console, yes, it is removable.
      The cup holder is part of the main body.
      Is your car a manual or automatic? We have two different shifter plates.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com