Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Country Flag: United States

Weiand 144 set-up.....

I was reading earlier.....about the pully set up on the 144 (roots type blowers) They say that they can't be used with any tpye of serpentine belts (ie: 5 rib or 6 rib)...juts v belts. hmmm....So I would have to change over my alternator pulley to a v-belt style?

That doesn't make sense since the Weiand 142-256 blowers use 6 rib pulleys.

I would guess the reason is that the pulley on the snout of the blower is further forward than the rest of the pulleys. You could probably make it work if you moved all of your accessories forward to line up with the blower. Again, this is just my assumption, better call the tech line to find out for sure.
      Brett

Are you using a GM serpentine system or aftermarket? Short or long water pump?

Andrew
      1970 GTO Version 3.0
      1967 Cougar build
      GM High-Tech Performance feature
      My YouTube Channel Please Subscribe!
      Instagram @projectgattago
      Dr. EFI
      I deliver what EFI promises.
      Remote Holley EFI tuning.
      Please get in touch if I can be of service.

"You were the gun, your voice was the trigger, your bravery was the barrel, your eyes were the bullets." ~ Her

long water pump...and the stock pully system from 1988.....v belt on the power sterring and a 5 rib on the alternator....

If you're using it with your stock pulley set up then why do you care about serpentine systems? They come with a 6 rib and their own crank pulley so unless you're converting to a serpentine system, you shouldn't have a problem. Here it is on my '86 El Camino with a long pump...

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com