• Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
      Country Flag: United States
      Nice Build More pictures!

Looks Great and Very Interested

Quote Originally Posted by sanman View Post
      If you have a chance check out www.camaroperformers.com click on the drilled/slotted red rotored picture first then click on the blue 67 camaro in the cones next. Thats my car and it has a complete stage 4 CPP kit on it plus their steering box. I LOVE it. Drives like a go cart on steroids. They are quality products and built in Anaheim, CA. If you have any questions send me a message.
      Hi Sanman,

I have read the install article on your '67 at least 3 times with time spent in between pouring over websites on Heidt's, ridetech, DSI and the other usual players in this field. My '67 RS is pure street car and for what you get for the money with the CPP Stage IV kit, it very much appeals to me. Even your wheel-tire combo, if you don't mind some total copycatting here. Yes, with upgraded steering box too. I'm a little concered with the (frontend) drop springs AND drop spindles. Is it the 18's that keep the front from being too low? Do you get enough suspension travel? My other concern is the rear 265x40x18 tire. I know the fender lips were rolled. Did that do the complete trick? Any rubbing on potholes? Driveways? Etc?

I look forward to your reply and thank you for your time and consideration.

RSCam

Country Flag: Costa Rica

Pics

here they are..the stance now is the ideal for me, not to high not to low cause here the roads are *--*^#E@! and they have speed bumps everywhere!!.. bstrds!. hehe, man there is a very significant improve in handling and braking

I've got the full CPP kit on my 67' Elco and that car handles great and stops pretty quick too. My personal opinion is that if your just looking to have some fun on the auto cross and not spend a much of cash then the CPP stuff works great. If your actively looking to make your car faster and faster, then maybe you should keeping saving your cash and spend your money elsewhere. I'm not knocking any one else's kit in this price range, Just giving first hand experience with the CPP kit. My car was a completely different animal after the kit was installed, and for what I wanted out of the car it was perfect. Here's the link to the mag feature with improvement numbers as well. http://www.superchevy.com/technical/...l/viewall.html
      72 Chevelle Done!

67' Hell Camino- Under the knife

Some day: Porsche GT3/ C6R inspired 69

Gordz32

Do you think the improvement was just because your stock suspension was FUBAR and anything new would have made it better or that CPP is a quality affordable competition in the performance suspension market? Outside of the autocross how does it ride?

Name:  sucs_1046_02_o 1967_chevy_el_camino_cpp_stage_ii_pro_touring_kit_install stock_suspension.jpg
Views: 1778
Size:  386.1 KB

Quote Originally Posted by Gordz32 View Post
      I've got the full CPP kit on my 67' Elco and that car handles great and stops pretty quick too. My personal opinion is that if your just looking to have some fun on the auto cross and not spend a much of cash then the CPP stuff works great. If your actively looking to make your car faster and faster, then maybe you should keeping saving your cash and spend your money elsewhere. I'm not knocking any one else's kit in this price range, Just giving first hand experience with the CPP kit. My car was a completely different animal after the kit was installed, and for what I wanted out of the car it was perfect. Here's the link to the mag feature with improvement numbers as well. http://www.superchevy.com/technical/...l/viewall.html

There's no doubt about it that the original suspension was totally worn out. However, comparing a stock rebuilt suspension to the CPP Kit, there is a substantial increase in ride quality and handling. I drove the car for a year and a half as my DD before pulling it off the road to completely go through it. I loved the way it felt driving, even on the crappy California highways it felt great. Hope this answered your question.
      72 Chevelle Done!

67' Hell Camino- Under the knife

Some day: Porsche GT3/ C6R inspired 69

I saw this episode on TV last week. I think it speaks very well to the quality and performance of the Cpp products. http://www.hotrod.com/featuredvehicl...n/viewall.html
      This is Larry Callahan adding to Rocky's profile.

I'm sorry to say that we have lost Rocky.

RIP....

Well I just purchased everything possible from cpp for my 65 f85 so well see how see goes

Country Flag: Costa Rica
      Quote Originally Posted by gmgiuffre View Post
      Well I just purchased everything possible from cpp for my 65 f85 so well see how see goes

GREAT!!! post some pics as soon as you can!...we have to take special care in the "seasoning" for the brakes, specially for sport brakes like the 13" we use in the cpp kit we bought, also we need to make complete new brake lines from the rear. The rest was simply bolt in. Good luck!

Name:  IMG_2842.jpeg
Views: 1692
Size:  126.0 KB

I have the CCP 4 wheel 11 in kit. Only issue you will see on the 65 f85 is the banjo clamps that fit around the rear axle to hold the brackets that support the hardline connection to flex hose @ the calipers will hit the shock brackets. I welded the brackets to the axle housing & ditched the clamps. Other than that only additional part I needed not included in the kit is the flex line to the pumpkin. I bought it local.
      This is Larry Callahan adding to Rocky's profile.

I'm sorry to say that we have lost Rocky.

RIP....

‘64 cutlass CPP stage IV

Well I just purchased everything possible from cpp for my 65 f85 so well see how see goes[/QUOTE]

How’d it work out for you? Fitment, Ride etc? Follow up pics?
      I have the full Pro-touring stage IV setup for my 64 Cutlass 2 door post car. Body is off the frame as of now prepping for blast and powder coat. Want to box the frame but don’t know what shop I can trust to do it out here in the Portland Oregon area. Here’s my car frame off and before I tore it dwn.
      Also wondering people’s thoughts on a Pro-touring setup that isn’t an LS swap. Wanting to stay with an Olds Engine (455).

Attached Images Attached Images  
      Last edited by Big Mike333; 08-11-2021 at 07:34 AM. Reason: Added/deleted pics

Attachment 191324

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com