Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Country Flag: United States

68 w/ S&P mounts and Dynatech

Well I'm ready to start ordering parts and I know someone here has the information I seek! I've got a 68 camaro w/ a stock sub, S&P mounts and a 02 LS from an F-body. I'm looking to order Dynatech headers w/ exhaust and have my oil pan fixed by S&P or a local welding shop. Is anyone else running the Dynatech headers w/ S&P mounts? Does it fit? Any problems?

Stainless Work will work with the S&P mounts for sure...
      Autoanything.com carries them for 900. If you get a 25% off coupon you will get a great deal.
      http://www.autoanything.com/exhausts...6A3731194.aspx

try this -
      http://www.retailmenot.com/view/autoanything.com (find a coupon) usually you can get at least 15% and sometimes 20-25% off coupons

Colorado Speed (Used to be Byunspeed) has them everyday for $750 or so.
      http://www.coloradospeed.com/index.p...ducts_id=14430

For what it's worth I have a 68,ls-2 s&p mounts and have been dealing with a bad set of stainless work headers for well over two months. They werent evan close to fitting. they are supposed to be fixing this but I have my doubts. At this point I don't believe anything stainless say's. they were wrong from the start. I sent them a two email's to ask if they would work with the holley mounts and use the z-bar. they sent me a responce saying that they would work and I could definitly use the z-bar. Not evan close on either, there is no way the z-bar will work. Very sad and they wont evan own up to the bad info on the z-bar. From what I understand I'm not the only one with this issue. Needless to say very unhappy with them.

bobcat68 sent you a pm.

I am wondering the same thing. I have a mast pan, s&p mounts and lsx454..for the price the dynatech can not be beat...just need someone to verify that they will actually fit my 67 w/ a t56 magnum...anyone out there?

Country Flag: China
      I have a 68 camaro with stock sub, stock small block engine stands, s&p adapters, dynatech headers, DSE 600 series steering box, autokraft oil pan and LS2. No issues with fit up other than had to get custom wires to clear headers. I had Taylor make a custom set with their thunder 90 cable,LS boot for coil end and 135 on plug end. Wire set took two tries to get length right. Not on the road yet but also have dynatech exhaust that needs to be installed.

Quote Originally Posted by boostin05blacksti View Post
      bobcat68 sent you a pm.

I am wondering the same thing. I have a mast pan, s&p mounts and lsx454..for the price the dynatech can not be beat...just need someone to verify that they will actually fit my 67 w/ a t56 magnum...anyone out there?

I have Mast pan, S&P mounts, LS2 & T56 with stock sub and iroc box. S&P headers work great for me.

I'd make up two sets to have one on reserve in case you run into trouble. Would hate to be stranded waiting for a vendor to make up custom plug wires.

Quote Originally Posted by boostin05blacksti View Post
      bobcat68 sent you a pm.

The T56 magnum is just a little bit longer than other T56 transmissions. You should be fine with these headers.

I might be wrong but arent the s&p headers a mid length? From what Ive read theres no advantage to running this. (no bump in TQ) If I was not looking to gain hp/tq I would consider Holleys new cast exhaust manifolds for and option. I agree you cant beat the price of the Dynatech you can get the complete system for the cost of the stainless headers alone.

Quote Originally Posted by bobcat68 View Post
      I might be wrong but arent the s&p headers a mid length? From what Ive read theres no advantage to running this. (no bump in TQ) If I was not looking to gain hp/tq I would consider Holleys new cast exhaust manifolds for and option. I agree you cant beat the price of the Dynatech you can get the complete system for the cost of the stainless headers alone.

LOL thus the question to start with! I already have the S&P mounts so it's good to see that meenaggie is also running the Dynatechs. For the price and being a long tube set you can't beat them!

Hmm... I dunno. I would classify the Stainless Works headers as full length. Once the collector is on them, they go pretty far back. Here are mine installed (pre-collector and exhaust)

^^^ Yea..Chris Im with you, long tubes.

Yeah I know the stainless are long tube but I dont think s&p make a long tube.I thought we were taking about two different brands. Just saying this problem is still going on. How long are you suppose to wait? I have been trying to be patient with this. I have caught them being less then truthful. They are having these changes/fix done buy a second party not in house. I have asked that I be refunded but no responce. Three months and counting. Neither place shows any concern for what this delay has done to me.But they feel the need to tell me that it will cost them a bunch of money. So much for customer service. Its to bad because both companys make alot of money from this site.

just wanted to update this so others have the information that took me too long to find. 67 camaro, stock subframe, speedtech solid aluminum standard height body mounts, lsx454, s&p swap mounts, energy suspension poly w/ 327 stock engine mounts, dynatech 1 7/8" swap headers, stock steering box...fits wonderful with the exception of a little grinding needed on the drivers mount but no big deal..

Boostin, Now thats the answer I was looking for! Thanks for the pics and the info. That helps out a lot!

Quote Originally Posted by duckmanjbr View Post
      Boostin, Now thats the answer I was looking for! Thanks for the pics and the info. That helps out a lot!
      Careful with the speed bumps with those headers.

Country Flag: China
      Pictures of my install referenced in previous post . . . obviously, I have since changed the plug wires. Look for the spot on the driver's side motor mount that I had to grind away with a ball mill to clear the headers.
      Name:  Picture1.jpg
Views: 406
Size:  133.1 KBName:  Picture2.jpg
Views: 413
Size:  169.0 KBName:  Picture3.jpg
Views: 393
Size:  133.3 KBName:  Picture4.jpg
Views: 408
Size:  180.6 KBName:  Picture5.jpg
Views: 428
Size:  147.4 KBName:  Picture6.jpg
Views: 395
Size:  138.0 KBName:  Picture7.jpg
Views: 391
Size:  139.5 KBName:  Picture8.jpg
Views: 458
Size:  184.4 KB

I just test fit my dynatechs yesterday. Had to cut part of the motor mount as well. Also looks like I'll have to mill down the bellhousing a bit where the bulge for the starter opening is. The pipe is right up on it. Looking at your first pic above, you can see the area i,m talking about very well without the header installed. Also, the O2 bungs point right toward the trans pan & the sensor will not fit on either side. I guess I'll plug them & buy new bungs to relocate them. In my case, I used the boss above the oil filter for my oil pressure sensor. Headers hit that too. I re-routed it with some brass fittings & its fine now. Other than the wires, I hope there is nothing else. Tese headers really hug the block closely. There was plenty of room for the tubes to have been routed more toward the frame side for better clearance. Scott