Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

2010-2011 camaro dash in first gen?

Hey guys, I tried searching and found no info yet on if this has been done. I'm currently building a 69 pro touring camaro and I'm wanting to do a whole 5th gen interior. I measured both the 5th gen and first gen dash and they're the same width. I just want to know if anyone else has done it before I waste $$ on all these parts because they seem to be expensive.

Thanks,
      Vinnie.

Country Flag: United States
      Look on the DSE website I think they are doing this to 69.
      Brandon Slater

1979 Z28
      1972 Nova
      2015 2500 silverado crew cab duramax

Yeah I seen but they are doing it out of aluminum, I'm gonna use the oem dash and console.

don't do it.. there is no way it will ever look right.
      someone out there welded a bunch of 69 Camaro sheetmetal and trim pieces to a '10 shell and it looks horrendous, and i can't imagine the interior going any better..

Quote Originally Posted by novaderrik View Post
      don't do it.. there is no way it will ever look right.
      someone out there welded a bunch of 69 Camaro sheetmetal and trim pieces to a '10 shell and it looks horrendous, and i can't imagine the interior going any better..
      Huh? I think you misunderstood lol, The 5th gen interior is going in my 69 CAmaro I want to retrofit it in.

no, i understood you perfectly even if i worded it backwards. it will take a lot of effort and it will never look or feel right.

Go ahead and do it. It will look great. I am putting a 4th gen in my 71 because I want the updated chassis and interior but the old outside package. The body is the only thing that really should stay the same. These old cars don't perform like todays cars, that's why everyone is upgrading entire drivetrains and keeping the beautiful bodylines. These old cars came from a time when the designers had more style...I think. If people don't like it, they should stick to restorations instead of restifications(?). I appreciate the old cars and restorations and the time involved but they aren't for me to own.

Country Flag: Australia
      I've seen 4th gen interiors in 2nd gen F-bodies....can't see why the 5th gen wouldn't work...just check your width to see if it needs to be cut up or not. Sometimes, you can get a way with shaving a little off the sides if its too wide.
      Regards,
      Leigh

Sydney, Australia
      1971 Firebird 455

https://www.pro-touring.com/showthre...Project/page27

I put the 4th gen in my 67. I think it will give your car some originality as their will not be a lot of cars out their with this done. Look for a wreck you can cut up and get info out of. It was a lot of work to do mine but worth it. It effects a loot of things, One of the biggest is the steering column, It is at a completely different angle than the new cars so the mount has to be changed as well.

Good luck hope to see it done. Randy
      Please see my PT Garage for more info on ProBell Camaro. 67 style,99 comfort, options and drive-ability with NASCAR Late Model suspension front and rear.https://www.pro-touring.com/forum/vb...?do=view&g=106
      ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
      Car Domain PG
      http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2565383

I am with djorgensen3. These cars body lines are definitely more interesting than their later counterpart. With that being said, the older cars definitely do not perform or protect you like the newer engineered cars. I think the 5th gen interior would look good if the proportions are executed correctly. The interior in the 5th gen is definitely light years ahead of most of our older cars. That is why there are so many that are interested in updating the other aspects of the cars. Bottom line, it is your car to do with what you desire. Go for it. Let us know how it goes.

It will look great if the outside has modern treatments as well. Not saying anything too wild...just not stock outside.

1970 Chevelle Pro-Touring Project
      Plans- 6.0L H/C (TT later), T56, UMI suspension, Kore3 C6 Z06 brakes, and lots more....

Aside from the width, you also need to measure the height from the trans tunnel to the top of the dash. Also measure from the winshield to the steering wheel and the shifter. You can trim the depth of the dash at the winshield, but it would be hard to change the height to account for a shorter trans tunnel, without completely rebuilding the entire dash. Also you can move an automatic shifter, but you are very limited with a stick.
      Brian

Thanks for all the replies everyone! Sorry it took me so long to respond been going crazy at work. I'm torn between the paul atkins dash and the 5th gen. I'm putting in an Ls3 with a t56 so I think the 5th gen interior would complete the whole retro theme. As for the outside I'm doing the GTO flush mount door handles and also doing flush mount glass. I don't see the width being a problem but I know the steering column is going to be a pain in the a$$ and also the trans tunnel to the console but we'll see. I found a guy that has a good deal on a whole 5th gen interior so maybe I'll see if I can make the door panels work too. Either way I'll be sure to post pics and progress.

Thanks,
      Vinnie.

Imho the 5th gen interior is fugly as ***** I'd go all custom built if your gonna put that much effort in it.
      85 monte, drift project- small block t5 and 8.8
      88 Blazer sbc
      05 300c

Or do something along with my approach..
      https://www.pro-touring.com/showthre...h-in-69-Camaro

Lots of european interiors looking pretty nice to IMO:-)
      Frank Jacobsen
      Norway

1969 Camaro sport coupe
      1967 Camaro RS
      1967 Biscayne "427" clone x2
      1951 Chevy 3100 truck
      www.muskelbil.no
      www.bilhogg.com

Frank M Jacobsen

I've actually decided not to do it, Instead I'm keeping the stock dash and doing either a LLc shop set up or the DSE insert. Thanks for all the replies guys!

Do the 5th gen dash you won't regret it,I saw it last year at a car show it looks flawless
      I bought a 4 th gen and I'm thinking about putting 5th gen on my 69 camaro

Considering the 5th gen is retro dash concept based on the first gens I think it would sort of backwards step in a first gen. I do like the seats in the 5th gens and the console might be something to convert over but the entire dash I personally just don't see it.

With that said i have seen some with 4th gen dashed and they looked pretty damn cool!!

I know the original poster decided not to do this but just thought I would post my opinion.

I do like the late model colors. I did my 67 in Inferno orange. Waiting to see a Synergy green on first gen now!!
      "If you can leave black marks on a straight from the time you exit a corner till the time you brake for the next turn.......
      Then, you have enough horsepower."
      -Mark Donahue

Or you could go with this....

GTO Interior in 1st Gen

Name:  27994317019.jpg
Views: 15379
Size:  59.7 KB

Name:  27994312228.jpg
Views: 33072
Size:  85.4 KB

Whatever you do its your car, do what makes you feel good.

Sam
      69 Firebird convertible T/A pro-touring custom, Now LS1/T56 six speed, 3:42 Eaton posi, 18" Iforged wheels, 04 GTO interior.
      www.fquick.com/SamHatco
      Jack of all trades, master of none.

That GTO interior looks great and has the flow that I would expect to see in a first gen.

Do you have pics showing the install of that? It's looks like it would have been one heck of job to see done.
      "If you can leave black marks on a straight from the time you exit a corner till the time you brake for the next turn.......
      Then, you have enough horsepower."
      -Mark Donahue

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com