Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
      Country Flag: United States
      "Im just hoping the folks at vintage air can convert the factory controls to the vinatge systems"

They can. Talk to Sam about it. They did it for his 69 TA convertible IIRC:
      https://www.pro-touring.com/showthre...vertible/page1
      HELP!!!
      1973 TA 4 spd #'s match red/white = STOLEN
      https://www.pro-touring.com/threads/...55#post1106255

Thanks..I didnt get the pics of the brackets for yah, I will though, I ended up picking up a 1968 Firebird today for the next project. Ohh If anyone is local.. Im to lazy to do anything else, I have all the door panels and door mirrors, free if picked up, good shape

Quote Originally Posted by cdoggy81 View Post
      "Im just hoping the folks at vintage air can convert the factory controls to the vinatge systems"

They can. Talk to Sam about it. They did it for his 69 TA convertible IIRC:
      https://www.pro-touring.com/showthre...vertible/page1

I ended up picking this up today.. It was for sale on Craigslist, The car has had the handles and other items shaved. It has a smoothed firewall, It has a complete powder coated frame with poly bushings. It has a set of 4 billet aluminum air bags and a four link setup in the rear(ridetech I think). The back has been tubbed to fit larger tires(already know, Im going 18/19 with a 345 rear....Rushforths, It has welded solid subframe connectors. It also has a custom dash made for auto meter gauges and a custom center console. It came with glide engineering bucket seats and mounts. It has an ididit column, a new painless body and interior harness, all kinds of new sheet metal, all windows.. Its been media blasted, primed and under coated. Its been sitting for a couple of year..I plan on starting work on this pretty soon, since the other 2 cars are being painted and tuned.. I have a empty Garage

Here are some pics..

Country Flag: Australia
      Very nice find...a lot of work already done.
      I like the dash...shades of a 59 Chevy...I like the centre console
      Regards,
      Leigh

Sydney, Australia
      1971 Firebird 455

https://www.pro-touring.com/showthre...Project/page27

Kevin!!! Sweeettt! I have been eying that bird for a few months, really great stuff already done, so looking forward to see the build, will definitively put you ahead of the game! I will shoot you a note, I may have some extra parts you could put to good use :D

So I got the front subframe back from powder coating, reassembled the its dropped the new brakes on, mounted motor and tranny, stinged the frame to car to make tranny cut and found out the center console is to far back for a Fbody T56, So I going to switch to a GTO with the remote shifter to take advantage of the extra 12inches it will give, which is exactly what the center console needs. I got s AGR box and a DSE front Sway bar.. I also got rid of the LS3 intake, and bought the Performer intake and a Fast TB to use on my Shaker hood..Car is back from having the bottom under coated and the fire wall painted, I also under coated the interior before I dynamat the inside.

how did you make the cluster work? I'm trying to do the same conversion but i don't know if i should but the gauges or not!!

Do you mind if I ask about how much it cost to powder coat a subframe.
      Stephen

Im planning on building a custom harness, since Im using the factory comp, I didnt see it being that hard...
      Quote Originally Posted by 71fbird View Post
      how did you make the cluster work? I'm trying to do the same conversion but i don't know if i should but the gauges or not!!

300 bucks, for media blasted and coated.. 5day turn around

Quote Originally Posted by srh3trinity View Post
      Do you mind if I ask about how much it cost to powder coat a subframe.

I'm trying to use the stock engine and transmission is there any way to convert the cable into pulses or whatever is needed to make it work?i know theres an "x cable" basically a box that converts those pulses into a spinning cable..confusing =)
      Quote Originally Posted by qnitro View Post
      Im planning on building a custom harness, since Im using the factory comp, I didnt see it being that hard...
      is there any way you can send me detailed pictures of your dash so i can get an idea of how to make this work, thanks
      -ricky

Sure, I have the complete interior and engine harness, with the BSM, so Im pretty sure I can make it work, when I get there, I will make some notes for yah no problem..Im a couple of months from interior though, Im finishing rolling chassis first..
      Quote Originally Posted by 71fbird View Post
      I'm trying to use the stock engine and transmission is there any way to convert the cable into pulses or whatever is needed to make it work?i know theres an "x cable" basically a box that converts those pulses into a spinning cable..confusing =)

is there any way you can send me detailed pictures of your dash so i can get an idea of how to make this work, thanks
      -ricky

Amazing build. Do you have more pics of how the dash fits up top and how its going to look? Are you in northern Cali? I may have to trailer my bird down to that guy its pretty cool!
      1973 Firebird 466 Pontiac, T56, C5 Brakes, PTFB and Hotchkis suspension
      2011 Camaro SS Supercharged, ZL1 body and brakes, Z28 suspension.

Dash is out right now, I will take some pics...

Quote Originally Posted by 70Uglybird View Post
      Amazing build. Do you have more pics of how the dash fits up top and how its going to look? Are you in northern Cali? I may have to trailer my bird down to that guy its pretty cool!

Im adding some pics of the car..

Country Flag: Australia
      Getting there!
      Regards,
      Leigh

Sydney, Australia
      1971 Firebird 455

https://www.pro-touring.com/showthre...Project/page27

What size wheels/tires are you running?
      Stephen

They are 19/20 rushforths.. 245 35 19 and 285 30 20

Quote Originally Posted by srh3trinity View Post
      What size wheels/tires are you running?

OK, Im looking to build the harness.. anyone have any experience or know of a company who can help with building a custom harness?? Im running a Fast TB and need to build out a harness that can run this with a Factory ECU and be able to run the factory speedo.. Any hints?? I have reached out to speartech already...

Thanks

Kevin

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com