Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
      Country Flag: United States
      here is the dash in, he has started to cut and mock up..No going back, because Cowl is cut

More pics of my T/A

Country Flag: Australia
      Nice work....looks odd to me as thats the same dash thats in my Commodore...just set up for the wrong side steering is all, lol.
      Regards,
      Leigh

Sydney, Australia
      1971 Firebird 455

https://www.pro-touring.com/showthre...Project/page27

man, I wish I had a commodore...

Well I have some updates, I have the whole bottom of the car disassembled, now, do I strip and paint or do I just strip it and than under coat it?? thoughts anyone..Im painting the car black.. I dropped the front sub frame off at the powder coater today and have the 9inch almost assembled as well. The great news 0 rust clean as a whistle.. Body is in great shape...

I just realized I havent put any pics of the dash in the T/A yet... It looks awesome.. Everyone that comes over thinks it looks like it was made that way.. I plan on using the GTO controls for all the accessories, Air, Lights, Radio, windows... all of it.. I even have the Ebrake set up. I got a full GTO interior harness and will strip it out to make it all work. Im going to use a Vintage air set, and a few years ago someone put a GTO set up in a 1968 T/A and they made the GTO controls work, so Im hoping to make lighting strike twice. I have all the parts now.. Now its just a matter of time.. The GTO Im doing is almost done as well..

That looks awesome!
      Stephen

Wow, you have no idea how happy I am I saw your thread!!! Awesome car & ideas
      I'm doing the exact same thing to my 1970 TA ( https://www.pro-touring.com/showthread.php?50475 ) & you can see the start of the dash work on post #33. Can you PLEASE post up some more pics of how he fit that bad boy in there? Did he have to cut a lot of the dash or cowl away? What are you doing about the steering wheel? IIRC the stock wheel was slightly offset compared to where the GTO wheel wanted to go. He probably fixed that issue with a few snips here & there. I am so happy to see that in there & looking soooooo good!!! I will be following this build VERY close.
      HELP!!!
      1973 TA 4 spd #'s match red/white = STOLEN
      https://www.pro-touring.com/threads/...55#post1106255

Cdoggy81,

Will take some pics, I'm pulling the interior this weekend, so I can strip and paint. Yep steering wheel needs to be offset an inch or so, we are going to cut bracket and re weld, I'm waiting till I figure out steering wheel. Man our T/A's will look sik.
      Quote Originally Posted by cdoggy81 View Post
      Wow, you have no idea how happy I am I saw your thread!!! Awesome car & ideas
      I'm doing the exact same thing to my 1970 TA ( https://www.pro-touring.com/showthread.php?50475 ) & you can see the start of the dash work on post #33. Can you PLEASE post up some more pics of how he fit that bad boy in there? Did he have to cut a lot of the dash or cowl away? What are you doing about the steering wheel? IIRC the stock wheel was slightly offset compared to where the GTO wheel wanted to go. He probably fixed that issue with a few snips here & there. I am so happy to see that in there & looking soooooo good!!! I will be following this build VERY close.

For the underside, I used U-Pol raptor bedliner. It has a smooth texture, sound and insulation properties, and applied very easy. Comes in a kit of 4 bottles with activator. 84 Monte Carlo took 3 bottles.

Sweeet! I'm looking forward to seeing more pics. Seriously, this is so cool to see
      HELP!!!

That looks great...I might give that a try

Quote Originally Posted by howehot View Post
      For the underside, I used U-Pol raptor bedliner. It has a smooth texture, sound and insulation properties, and applied very easy. Comes in a kit of 4 bottles with activator. 84 Monte Carlo took 3 bottles.

that guy did a GREAT job..

Very nice work. I'd think about either the bedliner (over your existing cleaned undercoated floor) or clean the whole floor down down, shoot some two pack urethane in black and some stoneguard over the top.

Love the interior....are you going to try and wire the controls independently, or are you thinking of using the GTO's body control module/s (I think there are more than one)? A lot of the controls are multiplex canbus style wired through the modules...even the interior lighting is through the body modules. I wonder if theres anything aftermarket to help? How'd the the guy with the Camaro do it?
      Great project!
      Regards,
      Leigh

Sydney, Australia
      1971 Firebird 455

No real updates... parts coming in like mad

Im using all the factory controls.. A/C, windows, Stereo, light switch.. all of it..

Quote Originally Posted by LeighP View Post
      Very nice work. I'd think about either the bedliner (over your existing cleaned undercoated floor) or clean the whole floor down down, shoot some two pack urethane in black and some stoneguard over the top.

Love the interior....are you going to try and wire the controls independently, or are you thinking of using the GTO's body control module/s (I think there are more than one)? A lot of the controls are multiplex canbus style wired through the modules...even the interior lighting is through the body modules. I wonder if theres anything aftermarket to help? How'd the the guy with the Camaro do it?
      Great project!

Sounds like a plan.....just basically transpose the whole wiring system from the GTO into your car. Probably the best/easiest way to do it.
      Regards,
      Leigh

Sydney, Australia
      1971 Firebird 455

"I'm using all the factory controls.. A/C, windows, Stereo, light switch.. all of it.."
      Man, I am glad to hear that too
      HELP!!!

I have a complete interior harness... Im just hoping the folks at vintage air can convert the factory controls to the vinatge systems

Quote Originally Posted by LeighP View Post
      Sounds like a plan.....just basically transpose the whole wiring system from the GTO into your car. Probably the best/easiest way to do it.

Dash looks awsome.
      Some times I'm fast sometimes I'm half-fast

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com