Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

D-1SC Procharger installed on a 1968 El Camino

Some of ya'll may have seen my autocrossing videos I posted on here a few weeks ago. If you haven't, check them out here http://www.elcaminocentral.com/showthread.php?t=46089. Well, since then I decided to installed my D1SC Procharger that I purchased this summer. I just finished it up and only drive it a couple times since. Before the blower, I would guess I was putting around 350-375HP on the ground. With the blower, I'm definitely over 500, maybe 550. 1st and 2nd gear are useless on the street. 3rd gear pulls like a bat out of hell. I also installed my new RS600 5-speed transmission from Keisler Engineering while I was waiting on my intercooler. My TKO600 had a huge problem with shifting over 5500 RPM. Here's come pictures of the blower.

Ok, I know what you guys are thinking. I'm not a fan of the piping being visible from the front of the car like that. But I didn't have much of an option unless I cut into the radiator core support. So I'm going to paint those pipes a flat black color so they're not to obvious. I'm on vacation right now but I'll update it in a few days.

Looks like a clean install. You might want to think about some ducting to the FMIC to prevent air from just going around it. Corky Bell has some excellent pictures in his book "Supercharged!".

That thing should be a blast.

Jim
      Don't take a knife to a gunfight.

Half-Assed = Half-Fast

Country Flag: United States
      I have the same problem with my TKO 600. Talk about frustrating

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com