Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Bolt in 4 link for 67-69 Camaros

Well,

Not too much feedback on any other products, so thought Id post something maybe a bit more interesting? Thoughts or comments are welcomed.

True Bolt-in four link suspension that can be used for both track or street, opposed to the current four link suspensions in the marketplace that require floor cutting and backseat rehab. This is a chromoly tig welded completely bolt-in four link. This is for coil over shocks and your choice of a panhard bar or wishbone for rear end locator.

Includes:

Bolt-In Chromoly Rear Frame

All hardware, nuts, bolt etc.

Bracketry

Rod ends

4 link bars

Panhard Bar

Custom Mild Steel Rear End housing with back bracing, 4-link brackets, filler cap, drain plug, vent, and your choice of bearing ends.

Options

Panhard Bar - can be used for both drag racing and street, Already Included.

Wishbone Upgrade - $99 - We recommend this for drag racing only. (Replaces Panhard Bar)

Anti-Roll Kit Upgrade - $349 - For use in conjunction with the Panhard Bar or Wishbone.

Upgrade to a Strange Rear End Housing for $199

Coil over Shocks

Strange Single Adj. w/ springs - $475

Strange Double Adj. w/ springs - $660

(Other Coil-Over Shocks, Brakes, 3rd Members and Axles Also Available)

Name:  4 lside.JPG
Views: 18040
Size:  270.5 KBName:  4link 7.jpg
Views: 33353
Size:  393.1 KB

Name:  4 link pan or wish.jpg
Views: 17046
Size:  234.8 KBName:  4 rside.JPG
Views: 24911
Size:  327.1 KB

Name:  4 rside2.JPG
Views: 22576
Size:  309.1 KB Name:  4 aview.jpg
Views: 19899
Size:  382.7 KB

Country Flag: United States
      what??? So this is a complete BOLT IN kit? So what does it cost total with the rear end included? No welding what so ever at all??

Looks like a nice setup! Is the bottom photo showing some sort of optional latteral brace in place of the panhard bar?
      Steve Hayes
      "Dust Off"
      68 Camaro

Given sufficient initial acceleration, even pigs can fly!

TooFun,

yes this is a bolt in..no welding...The bottom picture is the kit showing two options plus the coil overs, which are the anti-roll and the wish bone. Other then those two options and the coil overs...total cost is 2999.00...minus 5% if you mention pro-touring and my name. The housing comes with the kit standard built to your specs, with bearings.

To be clear coil overs are not included in the price. Being a Pro-Touring member saves you 150.00....

Hope this answers your question clearly.

Thanks Bob Halt

Quote Originally Posted by TheJDMan View Post
      Looks like a nice setup! Is the bottom photo showing some sort of optional latteral brace in place of the panhard bar?
      Steve,

yes its the wish bone, and there is a set of anti-rolls on there as well.....thanks for the comment.

Bob

Nicely done, what cars/events have you raced the suspension in, how long have you run the suspension (longevity test?) do you have setup standards (base settings for track events, Autocross, Road course, Etc.) videos of the cars running track, options for the panhard?(watts linkage, Etc) splined sway bar options? adjustable?

Quote Originally Posted by Rod View Post
      Nicely done, what cars/events have you raced the suspension in, how long have you run the suspension (longevity test?) do you have setup standards (base settings for track events, Autocross, Road course, Etc.) videos of the cars running track, options for the panhard?(watts linkage, Etc) splined sway bar options? adjustable?
      Rod thanks,

as of now there isnt any base settings to show you on the autocross side. The set up you see has only been around for about a year. Our company was formely known as SmithRace Craft, and mostly catered to drag racing. I wont go into the national titles we been envolved with because thats not the subject..lol.

But as of now, this set up is being ran in a few drag racing Camaros. Im waiting to hear some details from them to help answer a portion of your question. The kit comes with a panhard. Sway bar option, not as of now YET...! Keep in mind we listen to our customers needs and can incorparate or design a product to fit your goals.

Would be willing to hear from memebers like yourself giving feedback and suggestions to make this product attractive to both PT and drag racing types.

Ill get back to you once I hear from the racing customers, which I know one of them is running close to 1000HP. We have sold and installed a few to PT type customers as well. But Im going to have to track them down after this weekend to see what they have to say, and relay it to you.

Standby: Bob

Thanks for the good reply Bob, I asked about the sway bar because I noticed it in picture 2, mounted below the rear end on an extra support bar, and I also like the 5th triangulated centering link in the last picture nice option to keep lateral movement low

Rod,

thanks, and keep the ideas and opinions comming, it only helps. Im going to be off line here for a bit due to the holidays.....so If I can get back to you on feedback from some of the guys I will do so. May take a bit to hunt down the non-drag guys/and or info because of their stage of the builds.

Thanks Bob

Very Cool !
      Check out my web site.
      http://screaminperformance.net

WOW! Very Nice setup

Quote Originally Posted by QwikMotorsports View Post
      WOW! Very Nice setup
      Thanks for the kind words.....I never get tired of looking at it...lol

Super Cool,, I am going to be changing my set up real soon,, I like this set up and very interested in it,, Waiting to see what you find out from the PT people as I will be autocross and road racing as well as Drag racing, It looks like you can run a wide tire with no problems, as wide as your frame rail, So I imagine you would want to use a mini tub or deep tub with this set up, and just what would be the tire width you could run on a first gen camaro, I am sure it hooks on the strip, and I like that,,I also see its adjustable and thats something really important as well,, I am running a 12 bolt now,, to use my rear disk brakes set up with your set up, what all would be involed,
      H-METAL camaro

Just curious how far off the ground that lower shock mount would be on a car not running a very tall slick.
      - David
      1967 Camaro - In remembrance of my friend Scott

Quote Originally Posted by Dane Laney View Post
      Super Cool,, I am going to be changing my set up real soon,, I like this set up and very interested in it,, Waiting to see what you find out from the PT people as I will be autocross and road racing as well as Drag racing, It looks like you can run a wide tire with no problems, as wide as your frame rail, So I imagine you would want to use a mini tub or deep tub with this set up, and just what would be the tire width you could run on a first gen camaro, I am sure it hooks on the strip, and I like that,,I also see its adjustable and thats something really important as well,, I am running a 12 bolt now,, to use my rear disk brakes set up with your set up, what all would be involed,
      Dane,

thanks for looking and nice comments....Im not sure if anyone on THIS site is currently running our rear set-up yet. I can tell you there are customers using it in the fashion you described. However they are not members of this site. Most of SmithRace Craft customers are on YellowBullet.com. Thats sorta my mission if you will....as far as your brakes working on the 9", I couldnt say with out you telling me some details.

You best bet for all your questions stated are to call the shop and speak to Kim or Josh at 1-214-330-0660. Mention my name and the site name..Bob Halt AZ.

Quote Originally Posted by MyFriendScott View Post
      Just curious how far off the ground that lower shock mount would be on a car not running a very tall slick.
      Would have to be a very low profile slick, and if you look in the pictures, you still have two or three more inches of adjustment that you can raise the mount up, that is depending on your stroke length.

anyone running one of these in a pt or street car? curious about how it would be for a mild HP street car that you wanted to corner carve with one setup then Drag with another..
      From a place you will not see comes a sound you will not hear....

67 Camaro In progress

https://www.pro-touring.com/showthre...-Tap-67-camaro

Quote Originally Posted by XLexusTech View Post
      anyone running one of these in a pt or street car? curious about how it would be for a mild HP street car that you wanted to corner carve with one setup then Drag with another..
      Like I said before ,not sure if anyone on this site is running one YET. The rears are designed to do just what youve described, I know 3 guys that run them on the strip between 900hp and 1200hp....If you go to YellowBullet.com and ask around about SmithRace Craft, customer service, quality..you wont find a single negative comment. Our market has alwasy been the drag racers, like I said before..trying to get into the PT market as well.

If you want to speak to one of the guys who designed it, talk to Josh or Kim. Let them know (Bob from AZ on the PT site) spoke to you. It help us determine where we stand in each market....214-330-0660

Hope this helps Bob Halt 623-326-8478

Can you comment on the very short top links? From the limited amount of reading I've done those seem very poorly designed. I know packaging was likely the culprit, but am curious what you think the effect of those will be on the performance of the system as a whole.
      Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by ehummelman View Post
      Can you comment on the very short top links? From the limited amount of reading I've done those seem very poorly designed. I know packaging was likely the culprit, but am curious what you think the effect of those will be on the performance of the system as a whole.
      Thanks.
      Not sure what you read, or what the writer says about poor design. Doing research is a great way to learn and become informed. But you also need to consider where the info comes from and why, that being said...Im going to tell you this set up performs great without any complaints from the custmoers who use this set up to compete and make money doing so.

As far as what I think the effect on short top links have, well I guess they can limit some adjustability, but the bottom line is will it what your trying to accomplish. Most people around here know, its not easy to build a project that can perform on the strip and on a road curse on a constant basis. It can and has been done, but not with out a deep pocket book and a lot of time. For the majoririty of the builds, building such a car tends to lean more to one side or the other, strip or road. There will be something sacraficed from either side weather its handling or quater mile times. In general its easier to get the car to handle great then it is to get a car to hook up and launch level and do it time after time again.

So you may want to see what your goals are for your build, then give us a call and see if what we offer can fit your build and expectations.
      hope this helps.

Bob

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com