Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Country Flag: United States

looking for a shop to do an engine/trans swap

i have a good friend with a '68 fastback torino and he is entrusting me to find him a shop to do a swap from his BB390 auto to a 4.6 or a 5.0 coyote and a new auto. does anyone know any shops that have some experience doing this? i would like to get it done before i do the suspension work.

drive it like you stole it!
      1971 duster "deb"
      2016 GMC duramax tow rig
      1975 AMC matador coupe-long term project

We do these kinds of swaps all day long, and might even have a 4R70W 4-speed auto overdrive & controller for sale. PM me if you're interested!

- Kevin
      Kevin Oeste
      V8 Speed and Resto Shop
      V8TV
      Muscle Car Of The Week
      V8 Radio Podcast

All about us:
      https://www.v8speedshop.com

ok. i'm not familiar with that tranny,but we were thinking more like a 5 spd. auto like the new ones are i think. what is your shop and where? thanks.

1971 duster "deb"
      2016 GMC duramax tow rig

We own V8TV Productions, Inc., which is a muscle car resto shop where we build cars for our TV and web show V8TV. We are soon moving into a new(er) facility and are seeking new projects. We're located just outside of St. Louis, in IL.

One of our recent builds - a '69 Firebird "Routy" - is on the latest High Performance Pontiac magazine cover along with a 6-page color spread inside. See more here:

www.v8tvshow.com/routy

We just returned from SEMA with our latest, a '68 Camaro "Reloaded" - here's a couple post cards of that one:

Both of these cars were EFI conversions, and I personally have a '62 Ford Galaxie with an EFI 351 swap under the hood.

We're also working on a '55 Thunderbird with a new Ford 5.0 Coyote engine and Richmond 6-speed swap.

Another good swap demo is a '66 GTO with an L92 / 4L65 we built a couple years ago.. there is a build thread here on ProTouring for that car. The '69 Firebird and '68 Camaro also have threads here.

Our phone # is in the pics above, give me a call and we can chat about your project.

Thanks!

- Kevin
      Kevin Oeste
      V8 Speed and Resto Shop
      V8TV
      Muscle Car Of The Week
      V8 Radio Podcast

All about us:
      https://www.v8speedshop.com

Kevin, I may be interested in that trans and controller with a 5.0 bellhousing. could you pm me what you're looking to get out of it?
      -Dave

Project George - '66 Ford Galaxie 500 fastback

Working on interior, body and paint now.
      Forged 306/C4. Collecting turbo parts for TT setup.

I have tons of 65/66 galaxie parts collected. If you need something, just ask! my wife will thank you.

Check your PM's

thanks for the replies guys,but i think he has changed direction. he has a soft spot for his BB ford so i guess he is going to keep it and do aluminum heads and intake. it's good to know who does these kind of things though. thanks!

1971 duster "deb"
      2016 GMC duramax tow rig

Even though your buddy has changed direction, if you make it down to one of the BullDawg MuscleCars Meet & Greets, you can check out some of Joe's work (he specializes in swaps like that)

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com