Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Country Flag: United States

catch can advice

OK, I recently ran at a GoodGuys autox event. Upon tech inspection, I was told told I have to have a catch can for my radiator overflow. The quick fix to run the autox was to quickly suck down a Mtn Dew, and strap it on with a bungee cord. Well, although that worked as a temporary solution, I really don't like that as a permanent solution.

Now, before I restored my truck, I used to have one of the aluminum tube style cans(similar to url=http://www.billetspecialties.com/itemdetail.asp?cid=7&scid=86&pid=209&sb=overflow&p g=1]this[/url]. The problem was it was mounted on the opposite side of the drain. I really don't want to mount it all the way over there again. It's designed to be mounted vertically, but there's no room where it needs to be because the battery and tray is in the way. I'm considering mounting it horizontally under the battery tray.

Is this even a viable option? Would it still work horizontally?
      Matt Kenner

68 C10 stepside

If you can leave two black stripes from the exit of one corner to the braking zone of the next, you have enough horsepower. - Mark Donohue

Mine is. I just made a can out of three inch tubing with an in and out tube welded in. it won't spit until it is all the way full. the off the shelf ones that mount vertical will NOT work mounted horizontally.

Donny

As long as the radiator side is on the bottom -- so that fluid can be drawn back in when the radiator de-pressurizes -- orientation doesn't matter.
      John Parsons

UnRivaled Rides -- Modern upgrades for your ride.

UnRivaled Rides recent project -- LS9-powered 69 Camaro

if you don't find a solution, we can make them for vertical mount, horizontal mount, round, square and anywhere in between.

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com