Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: security

If you have a GM tilt steering column, any kid with a screwdriver can disable steering lock, and start the ignition in 10-40 seconds.
      The non-tilt columns will take a bit longer, but can be had, just there is a lot more plastic to crack.

There are several locks that DO serve as a deterrent, Stedfast, Cargard, and Lokitt were some, they all eventualluy became parts of Steadfast Auto security.
      Their website is down, or they are gone (?!)

Here are some of their locks:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/New-GM-Cadil...3D281832394482

http://www.ebay.com/itm/lokitt-colum...tXQnlz&vxp=mtr

I bought a CarGard in the mid 80's, I painted it neon yellow, and it's very visible, to keep the rookies away.
      http://www.ebay.com/itm/CARGARD-STEE...1X6sVM&vxp=mtr

The Professionals bring a roll-back in a pickup truck, or a wrecker with the low profile fork lifts, lift the rear tires, and are gone in 5 seconds!
      I highly recommend the LoJack setup(s), they have an add-on GPS option for around $100, but their LoJack is a pay once, no-annual fees type product, they offer at-home service for installation and 2-year checkups.
      They are very careful with classic cars, and cops love to chase after the bad guys if your car is taken, as it is almost a guaranteed bust that evening.
      Several car alarms also offer GPS versions, you can setup safe zones, and alerts if the car moves.
      Dave
      84 Monte SS - just a few bolt-ons

Country Flag: United States
      There are lots of great GPS theft devices on the market now which will notify you the second the vehicle moves, either on it's own or on a trailer, AND will track them as they move on your phone..... Some even come with a disabler where it will shut down the car if it is hotwired -- Buddy has one on his backhoe, he was notified it was moving, he hit his disabler on his smart phone, called the police (He was 75 miles away from the job site). When the police got there they found his backhoe half way onto a stolen truck and trailer... So the police recovered 3 stolen items and were happy.

You should think of getting one for you vehicle and one for your trailer!!!!!! They are inexpensive compared to replacement costs!!!!!!!

Yes, I agree with you, the GPS tracker system really helps to track the vehicle.

Country Flag: United States
      With my keyless start system, the fuel pump won't activate unless the key fob is in range. No amount of hot wiring will get the car to start unless the spend the time to figure out how I wired up the fuel pump.

They'd have to tow the car to steal it.
      1971 Camaro
      GM HT383, MiniRam EFI, AFR heads
      "8-speed" trans (700R4 + Gear Vendors OD)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com