Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Threaded View

Country Flag: United States

Project Demon Spawn: the rebirth of my 70' Duster-efi, 408ci, t56, dana 60

Hey guys, some of you may have seen my thread on here once or twice. If you have you know ive been daily driving it since day one, making changes as time allows. I figured today is definatly a big turning point to my project, and as such deserves a new thread...it also allows me to vent a little about what just happened to me.

Today i just got out of an exam and was driving to go to work, Traffic was backed up at a light and i had come to a stop for 2-3 seconds. I was about 50' away from the next car in line so someone else could get out of a parking lot. I dont remember much, but i do know i had my foot buried in the brake when the car rear ended me. They hit me so hard that i got pushed 50' with my tires locked up into the car in front of me. The driveshaft yoke is pushed into the t56, and pushed the engine far enough forward to shear the rubber motor mounts. Luckally im ok, just a broken nose and 5 stitches. Even with my fuel cell in the trunk and an AN fitting getting hit, the only fuel leak from my car was where the braided hose got pinched in the subframe..Heres the pictures of the aftermath:

As soon as the insurance adjuster has come to look at it i plan on towing it back home, and looking for a good donor shell to swap everything over to. Not much else will change, I think i may paint it flat white w/ a flat black hood, shave the firewall better, and make a sturdier framework for the fuel cell, and tie the transmission mounts into the subframe connectors. Since i have no choice but for it to be out of service, i may as well put the efi in it before im done to...What else do you guys think i should change?

Tim
      71' Demon-408, efi, 'viper spec' T56, Dana 60 w/ triangulated 4 link

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com