Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Page 13 of 16 FirstFirst ... 3 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 LastLast
      Country Flag: United States
      Well tonight was not a fun night, kid wasnt paying attention at a light, my Lime-ass-Green car or my three brake lights werent enough to grab his attention. Cant wait to get out of this place (before i lose it on the next P.O.S. that runs into me)...

just sheetmetal, the passanger (that side doesnt have a door bar interestingly) got its quarter dented in and pushed into the door. the drivers side appears fine.

Tonights outing was to test my new radiator, the old had been bored into by my aux. fan free-wheeling in the wind after the shaft bushing failed (15mi from my destination and it took a crap)-SO space your fans away from the radiator if at all possible.

Im still running without a 2nd gear syncho and 1st, 3rd arent feeling too healthy but all the rebuild parts are waiting for it back home. I ordered an Aston Martin mainshaft, which is the same as the viper essentially, to replace my current GM unit that is about to shear the splines off of 5/6th gear. A friend is lending me his spare tailshaft housing so i can get it machined out to accept the new 30 spline output.
      Tim
      71' Demon-408, efi, 'viper spec' T56, Dana 60 w/ triangulated 4 link

Tim....that blows! Sorry that had to happen for the second time! At least this time it can be fixed.....

65 Vista Cruiser
      67 Delta 88 Vert
      70 Vista Cruiser Pro-Tour Project
      96 T-Bird
      69 BSA A65L
      48 Ford F5
      https://www.pro-touring.com/showthre...o-Tour-Project

Thanks, yea at least this time it's drivable and only sheetmetal damage (would like to assess everything in the daylight still). Priority wise I'll be rebuilding the trans and getting my truck finished before doing much body work...as we discussed tonight, my dads probably going to finish his 63' vette and start (maybe completely do) a repaint/add fender flares to the 77 vette before we address these dents. At any rate I'm glad I didn't go with fiberglass bumpers
      Tim

From stealth to bright and they still find a way to hit you. That stinks
      67 LeMans Convertible
      67 GTO
      69 Camaro Build Thread https://www.pro-touring.com/showthre...ost-Money-quot
      70 Chevelle 400 4spd
      70 Chevelle

I'm not real sure how you miss a lime green demon. but that really does suck. at least it is fixable though.
      72 dodge D100, 66 Plymouth Sportfury, 98 Ram SS/T

Country Flag: Canada
      Wow that sucks! ...again!
      Sounds like people need 3" thick prescription windshields so they can see where they are going!
      Used to be known as 455regal

I guess you are going to have to paint it that glow in the dark paint that they used on the Dukes of Hazzard for the ghost of the General Lee. I hope you can get it sorted out mechanically and then string together some good luck for this cool car.
      Stephen

Wow, that really stinks! Glad it isn't nearly as bad this time and you're okay.
      Ed Cooney
      '96 Buick Roadmaster Estate Wagon, LT1/4L60, full bolt-ons & Solomon's tune, 18" Ridler wheels, lowered with Belltech springs

‘70 Buick Skylark Convertible project w/ GN drivetrain

'91 Formula, pending track day build

Yea, things could always be worse. If there's one thing I've learned (and learned again) it's that insurance companies suck. Geico this time has yet to even contact me for an adjuster to see me. At least it's not urgent, it won't be addressed until my dads car and my truck are done. I'm just hoping they don't try low-balling me as bad as last accidents initial attempt.
      Tim

Country Flag: Australia
      Best of luck man
      Hot rodder's recycle, wheres those prius' going when the tree huggers have a new fad.

First off would like to say hats off to the build you and you're father have done. Sorry about the heartbreak you guys have suffered with these idiot drivers. I fully understand how crazy the roads are down here living locally to you. Scares me driving my toy, and I signed up to the site cause of your build. Can't wait for more updates.

Hey guys, (sent you a pm Blwn00RT)a bit of a (delayed) update: i went to Geico and got the damages assessed- they gave $850..im stating what we got so other people in this circumstance can determine how their adjuster is treating them. I think that quote is very low, considering the body work, 3/4 of the car will need to be repainted to match, and a new bumper. But once again because we do our own work and i didnt want to argue for three months like the last accident i said o.k., but we arent getting ahead at this rate.

Ive been busy with college since the last update, but now that it is (hopefully) finished, updates should only be a couple months away...I still dont have a 1-2 synchro, but mean to fix that along with installing the Aston mainshaft when my truck is finished in a couple months. When ive moved and have my own garage ill also be reattempting the fuel injection. I also cant wait to get rid of these (crappy) Hotchkis leaf springs for a properly designed four link shortly after, then a custom k-member...

And now a short rant, pertaining to the Rat Pack: I requested clarification as to what this group is, and the possibility of joining; i thought it was a group id like to be associated with. However, i think their silence speaks volumes...So, have fun touting your vehicles streetability in your weekend warrior outings. Ill be on the roads, in traffic-the heat and rain in my 'True-Street', cammed, 6spd, straight piped, obnoxious, roll caged, daily driver. 8500mi down in the last 4mo and will be putting 500mi/week on it until i move.

-living by example, from one week ago...

Take care till next time
      Tim

Well, its been a while since I was on here last, but im starting to have the time to pay attention to the Demon again. I finally got the fuel injection running on the car. im not sure what was loose last time I tried to start it a year ago, but this time it cranked up with less than a half hour of tweaking.

Tim

Country Flag: Australia
      I hate when that happens. I spent a month chasing an ignition issue and after having everything in and out a dozen times the issue went away and hasn't shown a sign of returning.
      Hot rodder's recycle, wheres those prius' going when the tree huggers have a new fad.

what rails are those? im trying to use stock magnum rails and really hate them.
      Michael Crawford

1970 plymouth Duster back under construction:
      https://www.pro-touring.com/showthre...uring-makeover

1987 GMC S15 https://www.pro-touring.com/showthre...ct-drivabeater

Good to see progress moving it along. Sorry to hear about the dent, some people's kids! At least this time it's a dent that can be somewhat easily taken care of. Keep the progress going!
      -Ben, Creative Director at Speedtech Performance
      We sell some really cool parts, build cool cars, and do cool concept renderings too!
      435-628-4300 www.speedtechperformance.com
      My Pumkinator build thread- https://www.pro-touring.com/showthre...ght=pumkinator

Thanks Guys,

Michael, the fuel rails are these, I don't think you can beat the price for what they are, I made my own hold-downs because of my intake though. I also drilled the holes for the bungs based on the rails, but they lined rite up with the runners, so I would trust that these would work.
      http://www.summitracing.com/parts/edl-3641/overview/
      Tim

thanks tim. I based my holes off of magnum rails, but I have a feeling theyre not going to work well being returnless. so im looking at other options.
      Michael Crawford

1970 plymouth Duster back under construction:
      https://www.pro-touring.com/showthre...uring-makeover

1987 GMC S15 https://www.pro-touring.com/showthre...ct-drivabeater

Quote Originally Posted by dusterbd13 View Post
      thanks tim. I based my holes off of magnum rails, but I have a feeling theyre not going to work well being returnless. so im looking at other options.
      I see, I think these are a great deal for what they are. I have mine setup so the fuel enters the drivers side rear, crosses over, and exits the back of the pass side rail.

Ive driven the demon probably 20 miles, and I think its already surpassed the carb's performance from idle to 1/3 throttle- I haven't had the roadway to tune the higher rpms yet.

Im starting to look into the next steps for this car- transmission rebuild w/ viper output shaft (to match the input) and all new synchros. I have all the parts, just need to get my donor tail shaft housing machined. After that, a 4-link to replace my sagging 1yr old Hotchkiss springs, and try to run a few autocrosses before the year ends!
      Tim

The Demons finally off the road with the efi running great and the leaf springs scaring me that they'll snap (because of this it became my backup ride). I finally got around to redoing the rear suspension. I have all the heim joints ordered, I'm going to mini tub the rear before starting on the suspension. Directly after the suspension I'll be removing the transmission to rebuild with viper mainshaft. After all that I'd finally like to get the efi tuned and go to a track.
      From what I've seen online 335's should be able to fit when done.

Tim

Page 13 of 16 FirstFirst ... 3 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 LastLast

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com