Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Charlotte Southeastern Nationals

18thSoutheastern Nationals October 29-30,2011

Show’n Shine RegistrationHours EventHours

Thursday: 8am - 5pm,Friday: 8am - 5pm Friday: 8am – 5pm

Saturday: 7am - 3pm,Sunday: 7am – 1pm Saturday: 8am – 5pm

Sunday: 8am – 4pm

DailySpecial Features:

Vendors/Exhibitors– Shop the 100’s of retail hard part dealers that have everythingyou need to build or restore your street rod. For info. call

(925) 218-9151 [email protected]

Huge SwapMeet & Cars for Sale Corral – 100’s of swap vendors pluscheck out the deals on rides! Call Jeff Johnson for info (614) 268-1181.

Model& Pedal Car Display – sponsored by Revell. For info on enteringcall George (704) 763-5518

GOODGUYSCHOICE PRODUCTS GIVEAWAYS - Deposit your Instant Winner Ticket as soonas possible at the Goodguys Giveaway booth in the Winston

Garage. Your car # andname may be drawn for one of the neat rodder parts or services through GoodguysChoice Product Giveaway Program. Winners will

be drawn throughout theentire event - so check the Goodguys Giveaway Booth often to see if you’ve beenchosen!

THURSDAY

POKER RUNTO NASCAR SHOPS-9am Leaves from registration. Last Stop is an Open House atFatman Fabrications!

KICK OFFPARTY- 1p.m. at Fatman Fabrications! Maps available at registration.

FRIDAY

GOODGUYSAUTOCROSS-9am-Noon & 1pm-4pm Muscle cars & hot rods compete in atimed course.

ROOKIEEXPERIENCE – 6pm You’re in the Drivers Seat of a NASCAR with speeds up to 150mph! Call 800-BE-PETTY or www.drivepetty.com

RENT ARIDE IN A ROCKETSHIP! 5pm-6pm & 8pm-9pm NASCAR ride Call800-BE-PETTY or www.drivepetty.com to reserve your ride!

TGIFPARTY- 6pm-9pm at Detroit Speed & Engineering! Maps available atregistration. BBQ & Music!

SATURDAY

GOODGUYSAUTOCROSS-9am-Noon & 1pm-4pm Muscle car & hot rods compete in atimed course.

NOSTALGIAENTERTAINMENT –1pm & 3pm live music from Sound Investment!

KID’SFREE MAKE-N-TAKE MODELS – 1pm Get your kids involved in modelbuilding! sponsored by Revell

CRUISETHE CHARLOTTE MOTOR SPEEDWAY UNDER THE LIGHTS! 6pm to 8:30p.m. Cruisearound CMS under the lights just like the NASCAR guys!

Pick up your cruise ticketat registration.

SPECIALFEATURE AREAS – 7am to Noon. Each participant receives a custom dash plaque or asponsor gift!

* HOMEBUILT HEAVEN *GOODGUYS BUILDER’S CHOICE * MIGHTY MUSCLE (‘55-’72)

* TRICKTRUCK CORRAL * YA GOTTA DRIVE ‘EM * YOUNGGUYS * SUEDE AND CHROME

SUNDAY

GOODGUYSAUTOCROSS-9am-2pm Muscle cars & hot rods compete in a timed course.

WINNERSCIRCLE - See all of Goodguy’s award recipients. 2012 Truck of the YearLate Finalist, 2012 Muscle Car of the Year Finalist, 2012 Kustom of

the YearFinalist, 2012 Muscle Machine of the Year Finalist, Tucker’s Builder’s ChoiceAwards, Street Rodder Top 100 Event & PPG Dream Car.

RODDERSCHURCH SERVICE - 10am at the Media Center. Message & song on a Super Sundaywith the Christian Rodders Assoc.

KID’SFREE MAKE-N-TAKE MODELS –11am Get your kids involved in modelbuilding! Sponsored by Revell

NOSTALGIAENTERTAINMENT –11am & 2pm live music from Sound Investment!

SUNDAYLUCKY TICKET - Don’t forget to attend the awards show at 3pm and turn in yourSunday Lucky ticket. (Note: Awards time may be rescheduled due to

weather.) You must bepresent to win the chance to be one of the finalists for the: 2011Grand Prize Giveaway the Clean Air ’55!

AWARDSPROGRAM – 3pm, Awards will be given to lots of “Hot Rods and Cool Customs”,plus qualifying and Grand Prize Winners will be drawn for the

2011Grand Prize Giveaway.

CRUISETHE CHARLOTTE MOTOR SPEEDWAY UNDER THE LIGHTS! 4pm Cruise around CMS!Pick up your cruise ticket at registration.

GOODGUYSAWARDS - The Goodguys award program is a highlight of each event. Variouscelebrities, industry and magazine representatives select over 80

award recipients. Specialawards given at this event include Ford in a Ford, Trick Truck Pick, SpeedwayMotors Homebuilt Pick, Flowmaster American Thunder

Award, US Radiator,Meguiar’s Magnificent Masterpiece Award, Lincoln’s “Red Hot” Hot Rod Award andYoungGuys Pick (Note: Awards time may be

rescheduled due to weather.)

Super Sunday---Goodguys is opening this event up to all years American made or powered cars on Sunday only. Bring out your late model car to run the AutoCross and Track Cruise.

Country Flag: United States
      Went last year and it was a blast!

Plan to be there thursday afternoon, Wiedo

I'll be there maybe Friday, absolutely Saturday...
      1966 Pontiac Catalina Ventura
      389/TH400, Wide-Track Darksider
      Bars, springs, disc brakes, etc.

1962 Falcon 2-dr
      "just getting started"

Heading out tomorrow morning about 10am. I plan to attend the DSE open house event Friday evening.
      Matt Kenner

68 C10 stepside

If you can leave two black stripes from the exit of one corner to the braking zone of the next, you have enough horsepower. - Mark Donohue

any autocross picts/info?

Man,It sucks that we could not go this year.really wanted to go to the DSE open house.

I'll be there tomorrow to meet up with Tom Farrington. Maybe I'll see some of you guys there!
      GeoffP
      68 Camaro - LS1/T-56

I'm here for whole weekend.....went to DSE open house and had a blast.....i be there for autocross tommorrow......if you see me give me a hollar.....71 camaro white w/blk stripes and v40's!
      1971 Chevrolet Camaro RS-Detroit Speed Equipped
      1966 Chevrolet C-10-Driver/Project truck

Sorry I missed you! However I did get to ride in Tom's 66 Chevelle. That car is B-A-D. I was very impressed and had a great time. Thanks again Tom, Deb, and Sam - you guys are awesome!
      GeoffP
      68 Camaro - LS1/T-56

cool deal man.....first time doing autocross...man i'm was hooked before but now im a autocross addict lol!

It's addictive isn't it??
      GeoffP
      68 Camaro - LS1/T-56

Quote Originally Posted by GeoffP View Post
      It's addictive isn't it??
      yep!...definately going do alot more pro-touring events next year!.....

Quote Originally Posted by musclecarmatt View Post
      cool deal man.....first time doing autocross...man i'm was hooked before but now im a autocross addict lol!
      Your car looked good going around the auto-x. I killed the the right front tire from the car pushing like crazy because of the heavy a$$ iron headed big block, but had a blast doing it.

Quote Originally Posted by 71RS/SS396 View Post
      Your car looked good going around the auto-x. I killed the the right front tire from the car pushing like crazy because of the heavy a$$ iron headed big block, but had had a blast doing it.
      thanks tim!....yeah i'm very impressed with how the car did.....i know got alittle more i can get out of her......thats what next time is for!......yeah i did scuff my tires up alittle from power sliding around couple corners...but i had a blast!

I left out later than planned Friday, so I got stuck in the wonderful east Charlotte traffic on I85 and missed the DSE open house. It took us 45 min. to go 3 miles. :( I also got to autox for my first time and I'm hooked!! I wasn't going to because of just getting the engine back in and running only the Tuesday before. But after driving it on the speedway Saturday evening, I figured the autoX couldn't be any harder on the engine than high speed blasts on the back straights. I think I may have broke the record of the slowest time for the weekend on my first run. lol I was happy with shaving more than 2 seconds off of each of my other 2 runs, though. With average runs in the 41 sec range, I beleive the truck was capable of hitting the 43's with some more practice. I may not have been fast, but I sure had ALOT of fun!!

It was also cool to watch John blister the track in 39.202 seconds in his yellow Stingray. The fastest time of the weekend!!!
      Matt Kenner

68 C10 stepside

If you can leave two black stripes from the exit of one corner to the braking zone of the next, you have enough horsepower. - Mark Donohue

Your car looked good going around the auto-x. I killed the the right front tire from the car pushing like crazy because of the heavy a$$ iron headed big block, but had a blast doing it.
      That's odd Tim, mine seemed to kill all of the tires...ha ha. Great seeing you again with all of the Jet Hot rides. Just a great crowd of folks to hang around.

R/
      Jeff
      70 Nova "Thug"
      67 LS7 Corvette Sold :-(
      65 LS7 Corvette Coupe (next project)
      64 Malibu SS
      69 Z/28 Camaro
      2007 Z06

Someone else had old iron??

Whew! I thought I was the only one with an old iron fat motor. I think I am gonna add more subs, battery and tools and all my camera equipment to the rear (bolted down of course) to help balance it out. :-)

Quote Originally Posted by hotrodgirl View Post
      Whew! I thought I was the only one with an old iron fat motor. I think I am gonna add more subs, battery and tools and all my camera equipment to the rear (bolted down of course) to help balance it out. :-)
      your car looked great!....nothing wrong with old iron big block....mite as well got LS..lol.....i think i could got my car into the high 40's...was going to make couple solo passes at the end but didnt get to...ughhh!....

Had a blast over the weekend, even tho we didnt have car running the auto x intill sunday. Getting to watch Jeff and Tom go neck to neck was worth a few bucks alone, and then John and Jeff with there vettes stepped up and started to show, there not playing games anymore.
      1972 Nova Ridetech, Forgeline, Falken Tires, Wilwood, Bowler Performance Transmission, Lingenfelter Performance Engineering.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com