Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3 8 9 10 11 12 13
      Country Flag: United States
      well, I ended up ordering all kinds of goodies the other night.. swapping out my Hotchkis upper control arms and b body spindles for a set of ridetech UCA and spindles. I run shockwaves in it now with ridetech LCA . I am Going to keep my C5 brake setup and had to rebuy a set of kore3 hubs for short spindle. Custom Ordered a new PTC convertor which should see in 4-6 weeks. Guys over their where great to deal with and it was the easiest transaction ever. answered ever question I had and felt good about spending that much money on a convertor. Thank god for record snow here in boston area. I do private snow removal and without it wouldn't been able to make these mods. I just received my ridetech spindles and they are some nice pieces. Looking forward to powdercoating them this weekend and start with getting some new pictures up.

Thanks for reading..

Name:  turbonailhead.jpg
Views: 1886
Size:  127.5 KB[HR]Name:  parts.jpg
Views: 1846
Size:  96.6 KB
      just posting some updated pics. Nothing like coming home on your b-day and having a ptc convertor waiting for you. Got my new ridetech upper control arms and spindles to match the whole setup.. got rid of the intercooler and going to run a meth kit instead. I turned the boost down to 7psi..

Name:  buickwork.jpg
Views: 1908
Size:  90.8 KBName:  buicklake george.jpg
Views: 1933
Size:  143.8 KBName:  buicklake george.jpg
Views: 1933
Size:  143.8 KB

here is one picture on the way to lake George and the other sitting at my work

That Buick looks sinister. Great work.

what size you wheels you using? i tried a set of 18x9.5 with 5.25" backspacing at the rear and they didnt fit at all.

Quote Originally Posted by nitroracer View Post
      That Buick looks sinister. Great work.
      Thanks.. I want it to look simple and clean. The old buick saying is going fast with class..

Quote Originally Posted by inda_bebe View Post
      what size you wheels you using? i tried a set of 18x9.5 with 5.25" backspacing at the rear and they didnt fit at all.
      18x8 in the front and 20x9 with a 275 tire and a 4.25 b/s. I can double check but I did narrow the rear end by 3 inches just so if I decided to mini tub down the road.

its been a few months and really haven't touched the car until yesterday. I have been waiting for my backordered Kore3 hubs that has held me back and couldn't get any motivation. had a few Sam Summer beers last night and a little country music on and went to town in the garage. was nice for it not to be 40* in their either. Got my update that I should be seeing my hubs on Friday so I been in the garage the last two nights finishing up some odds and ends. I got the new ridetech upper control arms on and powder coated the spindles all nice for install. reworked some turbo and bov piping and ready to be tig welded up after work in the next day or two. Have to install the new oil pressure gauge due to the last one always leaking and went to an electric gauge. Looking forward to driving it this weekend and putting some miles on.

Man that's a mean machine.. love it...

Livermore, CA
      American:
      1966 Chevelle SS "Tribute" Retro / Pro-Tour
      For Sale

great build, can't wait to see some videos! !!

I love the car. What are the size of your wheels and tires. What is the back spacing of your wheels. I want mine to set up like your car. It looks so mean. I love the black.

been about a month since I have posted and finally been driving the car a lot more. I got the new ridetech upper control arms installed, kore 3 hubs and moved some of the turbo piping to help spool time. Looking into purchasing a water /meth injection kit do to the intake temps and looking forward to enjoing it as much as possiable. their is a open track day at Thompson speedway which is a 1.7 mile road course in conn that we are looking into attending at the end of the month. Would like to get some videos posted and looking into getting a go pro to mount up in the car.

Been busy over here in mass and got some good seat time in and the car is finally making the power I want. its fun to take people out for rides and have them give you the ohh **** .. I can finally say it is running real strong and when the turbo spooling it sounds like a freight train coming.. I purchased a PTC convertor and finally had some time to install it and made the world of difference in the car. The car responded very well to the convertor and I also purchased a AIS water /meth kit. I have tuned the car without the meth kit but like having the extra insurance in the car. I did a dual nozzle setup and cleaned up the engine quick disconnects for the turbo with all new polished stainless pieces that look sweet.

Little update, in the middle of purchasing a new home and moving my lift and shop has been a lot of work. The good thing was I have been driving the car a lot and working on the setup alittle more. I found that it makes less power with the dual nozzle meth from ais than the single nozzle.I took it to the drag strip and couldn't hook with the street tires I had but 110mph at 13.0 with a 60ft of 2.5 and that was the dual nozzle @7psi . I switched to a single nozzle and bumped the boost from 7 to 12psi but havnt took it back yet to the track but runs REALLY strong. I know their will be no updating this winter on the car due to the new house and looking into a red iron or versa tube garage so everything is on hold. I am building a single turbo 12v cummins in a 53 international that I put on a 2000 gm dually chassis that I am going to use as a tow rig that I am tring to build for under $2,500 with my shop students.

Sounds like the boost update makes a big difference, have you had the car on a chassis dyno yet?
      Not to say the Versa Tube kits are not good, but my buddy was looking into getting one and he ran across some reviews online where they didn't do too well with heavy snow loads.
      http://versatube.pissedconsumer.com/...306478355.html

So unless you have moved really far south I would stick with the red iron kits.
      Eric
      Building 1969 GTO - Roadster Shop chassis, LQ9 w LS3 heads and rebuild parts from TSP, Bowler prepped Magnum T56 6 spd, 3 Link Strange 9" w Speedway Floater Hubs, Wilwood 14" F - 13" R brakes, 275.18 - 345.19
      https://www.pro-touring.com/threads/94970-69-GTO-Build

been driving the car a lot and thinking about a new set of wheels for the car. Have had those wheels for a long time now. thinking of going to a 18x10 in the back instead of 20x9 and a 18x8 in the front. its tough because I want to spend between $1000-and $2000 so that takes me out of the market for a lot of nice stuff. I looked at a us mag wheel I liked and thought about massaging the front to take a hump in the wheel out I don't like and refinish them. any suggestions?

I wonder what became of this build.

paul still has it I reckon

time to revive the build thread . Tore the motor all down last year put some new bearing in after finding a little glitter in the oil . heres some pictures of the process and the current state of the carName:  IMG_0311.jpg
Views: 472
Size:  205.0 KBName:  IMG_0295.jpg
Views: 474
Size:  193.5 KBName:  engine pic.jpg
Views: 502
Size:  205.1 KBName:  IMG_0299.jpg
Views: 482
Size:  196.9 KBName:  IMG_0339.jpg
Views: 469
Size:  270.5 KBName:  IMG_0293.jpg
Views: 491
Size:  196.8 KBName:  IMG_0307 (1).jpg