Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Keisler-Tremic-TKO 600 Stuck in 5th ?

Was at the NSRA-Southeast Street Rod Nationals this past weekend and driving the "Evade" all three days back and forth from the house 45 minutes each way it was a great weekend and even took home a Award Pick of the Show presented by (ISCA) International Show Car Association. I was about 4 miles from the house went to down shift in fourth gear and would not go? had a serious grind trying to shift the shifter sounded like it was shifting in each gear however its fricking stuck in 5 gear had no other choice but to drive it home in 5th I now i burned the hell out of the clutch! but was able to make it home, on Monday morning called Keisler and left a voice mail for Shafi Keisler and e-mailed him since I bought the complete TKO-600 package from them its been three days and NO phone call! or NO e-mail what great service! need help?
      Thanks,
      Bill

Wow no reply?
      Ive been Contemplating for the past 8mo swapping out the TKO and step up to the T-56.. Now since I will be changing the whole clutch it might be a no brainier any advice?

Country Flag: United States
      Quote Originally Posted by 68/CamaroFL View Post
      any advice?
      Order from somebody else.

Nick ~
      1969 Cutlass

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Nick View Post
      Order from somebody else.
      Yea Nick,
      My point for this post is that to let everyone know that Keisler's service is terrible sold me their complete TKO package and does not follow up!

Give the guys at American Powertrain a call. They are an elite Tremec dealer and can hopefully give you some advice with your problem.

Was at the NSRA-Southeast Street Rod Nationals this past weekend and driving the "Evade" all three days back and forth from the house 45 minutes each way it was a great weekend and even took home a Award Pick of the Show presented by (ISCA) International Show Car Association. I was about 4 miles from the house went to down shift in fourth gear and would not go? had a serious grind trying to shift the shifter sounded like it was shifting in each gear however its fricking stuck in 5 gear had no other choice but to drive it home in 5th I now i burned the hell out of the clutch! but was able to make it home, on Monday morning called Keisler and left a voice mail for Shafi Keisler and e-mailed him since I bought the complete TKO-600 package from them its been three days and NO phone call! or NO e-mail what great service! need help?
      Thanks,
      Bill

Bill
      Sounds like the 5th/reverse rail or lever is broken. Call me and I'll try to help you out.
      Last edited by GMJim; 10-20-2011 at 01:34 PM.

Yea Nick,
      My point for this post is that to let everyone know that Keisler's service is terrible sold me their complete TKO package and does not follow up!
      I feel your pain. For some reason I'm still waiting for the elusive RS600 to arrive. I should have cancelled it long ago...

Nick ~
      1969 Cutlass

Quote Originally Posted by GMJim View Post
      Bill
      Sounds like the 5th/reverse rail or lever is broken. Call me and I'll try to help you out.
      Thanks Jim! I will call you Today
      Many Thanks for the reply

Quote Originally Posted by GMJim View Post
      Bill
      Just got off the phone with Jim Goodlad W/Hurst Driveline Conversions what a great guy explained to me what i need to do to fix the problem and would help me during the repair Great service!

Moved to Feedback section.
      John Parsons

UnRivaled Rides -- Modern upgrades for your ride.

UnRivaled Rides recent project -- LS9-powered 69 Camaro

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com