Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Threaded View

Country Flag: United States

Get Started Racing School

What an event this was! I went expecting some autocross drills and some brief, simple classroom instruction and maybe a hotdog for lunch. But what we got was a hundred times better. We had probably 4 hrs total classroom with Kyle Tucker teaching with digital projection and a nice bound illustration with a wealth of information on tire and suspension dynamics that we could take home. And approximately 12 hrs autocross. Every run was with either Kyle, Stacy, Danny Popp, or Brian (sorry I never heard his last name, but he was great) in the car teaching us how to address cones and improve our driving skills. We did the skid pad first ( driving in a circle) and then 4 different autocross layouts. The last runs on Sunday were timed and recorded on a form and given to us.
      Big Bill Howell was there to help keep us moving through the autocross. Robert McGaffin was there shooting the action. They even had Chad Reynolds on the PA keeping us entertained. We got more information and had more fun than the law will allow! I haven't laughed that hard in a long time.The food was awesome, I'm talking eggs, sausage, bacon, bisquits, juice(the works) for breakfast, and for lunch they had Hamburgers, grilled chicken, BBQ pork and chicken(the works). We ate like kings. I guess what I'm trying to say is, with DSE and JET HOT involved, I should have known it would be world class. We spent the weekend with the best caliper of people there is.
      So if you like to autocross, and think you could use some improvement, or you just want to hang out with some great people and have a ton of fun, don't miss the next one! They are planning to do more. This is a must do event
      I want to thank Kyle and Stacy Tucker of DSE, and Cheryl Herrick and Gordon and Tim McGilton of JET HOT, and all there employees and all the instructors, and everybody else that helped to make this event happen, and for letting me be part of it. Oh yeah, we even got a framed certificate with our names on it! I'm stoked!

Bobby Jones
      68 Z/28
      72 Camaro RS SS PT
      73 Camaro RS project

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com