Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Threaded View

Country Flag: United States

Project: Motor City Madness- 72 Cutlass (Delilah)

Well I have been floating around here of in on for 2+ years and let me say I LOVE what you guys are doing. My intention to build a pro touring car being slowed down by some past slow finances. I'm now ready to get back into my project with the hope of having it ready for paint by next year this time. I got away from wrenching on my own cars for a while, but this project will be hands on with the help of my fiance and my friend who is and car NUT\engineer and mechanic. My intentions are to build a car that would be a strong street machine, but may also see some autocross and track time.
      The background goes:1972 Cutlass was purchased locally from a college aged kid that apparently beat up on the trans and original 350. The interior had already been *******ized with cheap seats and Autozone guages. The good is the body was better than several I'd seen. I was always told "get a good body, you can buy a motor.." I was going to do a restomod, maybe just wheels and suspension. I changed my mind because this car was not stock in the first place and restoring to original would be more time\money than moving in ths direction which is really more me. After reading a lot here and making a plan, I started my parts quest.

Any helpful advice is always appreciated....

Here are my initial plans (*=some parts I already have):
      Engine and trans swap--455 bored .030 with C heads ported and mated to 4l80e using Simple Shift Standalone controller *
      ATS/AFX spindles *
      SPC Lowering springs *
      Adjustable upper trailing arms *
      Boxed lower trailing arms *
      Dynomax headers -*
      Hydroboost *
      Hydratech Stainless Hydroboost line set *
      C5 disc brake upgrade *
      GTO Seats- *
      Speedhut guages and custom center console *
      Rushforth Rated X Wheels 18x9, 19x10 *
      Magnaflow 3" Exhaust *
      American Autowire Power Plus 20 *
      Hellwig front and rear sway bars *
      Varishock QS1 *
      Have some pics of original and present condition. Winter is coming so I'm trying to build my parts stash now so I can play in my garage.
      BTW, my fiance named the car...lol

Big dreams, small pockets....

Chris--
      '72 Cutlass S LSA/T56 Magnum
      Bowler Performance, Rushforth Wheels, ATS, Holley EFI, KORE3, Ridetech

Project Motor City Madness

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com