Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
      Country Flag: United States
      I can't blame you. I grew up within an hour and a half of the Glen. It was always worth the trip for me. Heck, I drove down for an SCCA regional the last time I flew back to NY.

Seeing those cars in person is, without question, the best way to get an understanding and perspective. Plus you can get all the photos you need of the stuff you want to copy. I did that at Monterey when I built my car.

By the way, did you get a chance to look at the Historic Trans-Am site. There are tons of great photos.

PAI You're gonna laugh but today I was trying to figure out why people are lining up to see the popes body. that made no sense to me but I'll drive hours to see a thirty year old race car! yes I looked at that site , excellent . I rode race bike at pocono years ago, it was not exactly nurburing. (sic?)

Funny! The only time I ever went to Pocono was for the old WERA Formula USA races. I rode my GSXR 1100 down from Buffalo. I had an awesome time. Of course the only running I did, was some dyno time and a little late night back tire killing.

did you say GSXR? or , at least a gsxr frame.

Bitchen Streetfighter early Gix! I'm guessing that is an '86 or '87 chassis. I've seen the underside of one of those before...

thank you , it's an 86 frame with 92 wheels and forks , 1226 katanah motor and i made the tail section from scratch . It's not a hayabusa but it aint exactly slow! It has been in streetrace or two back in the days of nathans on central ave in yonkers .

darn you PAI Racing, that was the website i was gonna list(historictransam.com). I am making my 79 into a tribute to the blue on white 70 firebird. of course it isnt a clone cause its not even the right year so i can "update" some things. i dont know too much about the series since im only 20 and wasnt even a though in my parents heads... heck they wernt even together. another book i like is titled "Trans Am" which is actually listed on historictransam's website under historic photos. Im also thinking of going with TTD's but once again not being a clone im gonna update it with probably 17x8's with 245/45R17 BFG G-Force T/A KD's in front and 17x9's with 275/35R17 BFG G-Force T/A KD's out back.
      1979 Trans Am - In the big junkyard in the sky
      1980 Turbo Trans Am - In the big junkyard in the sky

A journey of a thousand miles begins with a single BURNOUT!

Check these guys out.
      17" two piece wheel so you can have any offset you like.

http://www.team3wheels.com/index.html

that link didn't work. do they have them in 18's?
      POLITICIANS & DIAPERS BOTH NEED TO BE CHANGED, AND FOR THE SAME REASON!

Just go to www.team3wheels.com

I don't think so.

Last time I checked, no 18's. Only 17's but they have a good selection of backspacings and widths. I ordered some for my 70 Boss 302 Mustang from team3wheels and they are top notch. I did not like the ones at minilites.com since if you look at their larger sizes, the centers are not larger, the rim is stepped up to accept the larger tire but the centers all look the same size regardless of rim diameter.

So I was looking at Edelbrocks Smokey Yunick Camaro and I looked up the tire and wheel size she runs. On the Good year site, the front tire is said to have a section width of 10.6 on a 15x8 wheel. Could you fit that on stock Camaro suspension? I know that the car has stock lower A-arms that are boxed, but is the rest custom suspension pieces?

I have stock LCAs with GW UCAs, 15x7.5 wheels with 235/60R15s in front with a section width of 9.3 and I can't imagine being able to stuff one more inch under there. I'm rubbing on base of hills, speed bumps and potholes slightly on the outer lip with the top of the tire, and also rub a bit against the side of subframe behind the brake line. I'm pretty sure the latter is just alignment issues.
      1967 Chevrolet Camaro 350/350
      1962 Chevrolet Chevy II 400 194/PG

For all intents and purposes, the 13 car is a 7/8th scale model of a camaro. I wouldn't try to draw parallels between it and a stock first gen, especially regarding wheel wells.

The Yunick Camaro cannot be compared to anything like what you have in your driveway. It has boxed OE A-arms, but.....the subframe is narrowed and Z'd, the fenders are bulged, there are no inner fenders, the steering arms are different, the swaybar mount is different etc etc etc. I snapped some photos of it and a bunch of other Trans-Am cars this weekend at the montrey historics. I'll post them in the multimedia forum tonight or later this week.

oh wow, i never knew. 7/8th!? but how did the shrink it?? but i'd very interested to see your pictures. you got a website?
      1967 Chevrolet Camaro 350/350
      1962 Chevrolet Chevy II 400 194/PG

The windsheild is layed back a few degrees, the roof is sectioned, the body is chanelled, the fenders& quarters have more E-wheel hours in them than a West Coast chopper... My buddy has been racing against that car since it was new. It's a funny car. They didn't have templates in T/A back then.It's not untill you get to walk around an old T/A car that you realize just how worked they really are.
      Very cool.

love to see close ups of that car.

Ask and you shall recieve

http://photos.yahoo.com/true1242

Thanks!

I wish jessica biel would appear behind me...didnt work.

OK, Kate beckinsale...

That girl from cvs...

I give up.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com