Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
      Yes, I have seen production 400 blocks fail. I have seen production blocks of just about every make fail.

What I have never seen was anyone claim "Swap in a World block and tada on dyno it made 78 hp and 90lb ft of torque more, no different specs."

If that were true it would be cover material for every Magazine out there. World would be hyping it to everyone. Even if they were being conservitive based off your numbers and said "gain 50hp and 50 lb ft with our new stronger block". They would print ads in every magazine saying that. What better way to market an aftermarket block, then show power increases?
      Sure, they are marketing them for duability, but if people thought they would gain 50+ hp and torque, I know they would sell twice as many blocks as they do now.
      1971 Camaro 427 in waiting
      1988 C1500 Daily Driver
      1955 Bel Air, blown BBC street car

Country Flag: Cambodia
      You may want to research meth injection in addition to nitrous. I have done the research and plan of using it with my nitrous setup. The 50% meth and water solution is a good defense against accidental detonation and increases octane by as much as 15%. It seems crazy to run windshield washer fluid through an engine but that is what the system is. Cheaper units allow you to run the fluid right out of your washer reservoir. Other system have a 3-5 gallon tank. Most advocates drop the mix and run straight methyl alcohol, but primarily on high boost set-ups.

Country Flag: United States
      I have close to the same set up (except mine is a 383). 10.8 comp, and I run a 200 shot without any issues at all, and use 93 oct. I run the fuel straight from the mech holley fuel pump (175gph). I run several safety items in case of failure to shut the system off. So far the car takes the shot really well.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com