Login / Register

Page 18 of 18 FirstFirst ... 8 13 14 15 16 17 18

Thread: Half-Breed

Quote Originally Posted by ryeguy2006a View Post
      Looking great man!
      Thank you sir.

Quote Originally Posted by Mikey97D View Post
      Looks great!

That is a very interesting 351 under the hood (notes on the hood).
      I've got some extra SBF valve covers, maybe i'll cut them up and put them over the coils.
      Zach

1970 Mach 1 build - Half-Breed (pro-touring.com)

Melbourne Australia, dual citizen tho with USA.

Griggs and Cortex

Quote Originally Posted by CSG View Post
      Zach,

I know when cortex first started he came in with his modular spindle. Most of the other parts he had were actual griggs parts or at least exact duplicates. I always kind of thought that he used griggs stuff except where he felt he wanted an updated part. Those always seemed like just a newer version of what griggs had. I am curious if you know anything about what if any relationship there is/was between the two.
      Griggs and Cortex were almost-neighbors eithr side of me at Sonoma Raceway before Griggs moved 10 years ago. Each of their fabricators hung out together.
      Griggs was elusive ....Cortex is the opposite, straight up and deep in the tech. Filip is a great guy.
      P.S. i have a 64 Falcon Futura with chev power. Bought the body shell from a Cortex fabricator.

Quote Originally Posted by Zachalanche View Post
      Close up of the hood vent. I was really on the fence about adding these, but I think they ended up looking pretty good.

Attachment 179656

I think the hood vents were a great addition. They add detail...

I won't say the car is complete, but the rest of the things I have left to do won't be changing the overall appearance. I'm pretty happy with the color, it is red hot in the sun for sure.

Name:  20201115_153635.jpg
Views: 706
Size:  827.6 KB
      Name:  20201115_151640.jpg
Views: 708
Size:  813.1 KB
      Name:  20201115_152044.jpg
Views: 730
Size:  772.2 KB
      Name:  20201115_153045.jpg
Views: 771
Size:  779.5 KB
      Zach

Country Flag: United States
      Looks great

Fantastic red. Looks very similar to the red on my GTO, especially with the black wheel centers and polished lips.
      1970 GTO Version 3.0
      1967 Cougar build
      GM High-Tech Performance feature
      My YouTube Channel Please Subscribe!
      Instagram @projectgattago
      Dr. EFI
      I deliver what EFI promises.
      Remote Holley EFI tuning.
      Please get in touch if I can be of service.

"You were the gun, your voice was the trigger, your bravery was the barrel, your eyes were the bullets." ~ Her

Beautiful car man! Always great to see a project nearing the end of completion.

1955 Nomad project LC9, 4L80e, C5 brakes, Vision wheels
      1968 Camaro 6.2 w/ LSA, TR6060-Magnum hybrid and etc SOLD
      1976 T/A LS1 6 Speed, and etc. SOLD

Quote Originally Posted by 509chevelle View Post
      I think the hood vents were a great addition. They add detail...
      Quote Originally Posted by thumper877 View Post
      Looks great
      Quote Originally Posted by andrewb70 View Post
      Fantastic red. Looks very similar to the red on my GTO, especially with the black wheel centers and polished lips.
      Quote Originally Posted by ryeguy2006a View Post
      Beautiful car man! Always great to see a project nearing the end of completion.

Thanks guys.
      Zach

Off to the Races....Wait, no, back to the garage.

Finally the car is registered and insured. I took it for its first legitimate drive on real roads about a week ago. I must say this thing disappoints.....well maybe a better way to put it is that I haven't worked everything out yet.

The car cuts out pretty hard under full throttle. at first I thought it was a fuel supply issue. there was no problems like this when the car was on the dyno a few years back, so I wondered if it was related to fuel starvation under hard acceleration. the fuel cell has an internal baffle with trap doors so I don't think its unavailability of fuel, but I was suspicious of a kinked hose inside the tank so I replaced it with corrugated plastic line. Additionally The fuel pump was very very loud and this has since been corrected with a new Fuel filter/regulator.

After all that fun work the problem seems to be even worse which has me wondering if it is fuel related or something else.

On top of that the low speed drivability isn't great. not terrible but a little annoying. the engine rpm hangs around 2000 rpm for a long time when coming to a stop. and the the car is either bucking when you try to hold steady, or dead pedal when you try to accelerate (not completely dead, but not very responsive).

I read some things on other forums that mention the T56 Magnum has a 12 tooth reluctor wheel which doesn't play nice with the GMPP ECM which expects 40 teeth, and this can cause low speed drivability issues

Anyone her familiar with tuning GMPP stuff? and if so what is your tuning software of choice? I'm wanting to make some adjustments to the vss signal since my T56 reluctor ring has much fewer teeth than the ECM expects. this issue also doesn't allow my speedometer to calibrate due to low pulses per mile. Also, I'd like to look at the ignition map and see what the timing is at lower loads and speeds, and on crank. The starter has a hard time cranking when hot which has me wondering if the timing is too advanced during crank.

Any advice is appreciated.
      Zach

I cleared my PMs...sorry about that.

Andrew
      1970 GTO Version 3.0
      1967 Cougar build
      GM High-Tech Performance feature
      My YouTube Channel Please Subscribe!
      Instagram @projectgattago
      Dr. EFI
      I deliver what EFI promises.
      Remote Holley EFI tuning.
      Please get in touch if I can be of service.

"You were the gun, your voice was the trigger, your bravery was the barrel, your eyes were the bullets." ~ Her

69-70 fastbacks are the best! Car looks awesome, I really like the stance!

Awesome ride, im building a 69 Mustang myself...Wont be anywhere near this nice but love the cars

It's been a while since I have shown any updates on this. here's a couple recent pictures of the car.
      Name:  20220307_170128.jpg
Views: 264
Size:  486.9 KB
      Name:  20220506_193123.jpg
Views: 264
Size:  395.6 KB

I finally built a proper airbox. The plan is to eventually duct this airbox up to the hood scoop and obviously cut a hole in the hood making the scoop functional. I will need to fabricate some kind of plenum that sits under the hood scoop attached via the hood scoop bolts, then I will run flexible duct to the airbox. But for now, it's just pulling air from around the side of the radiator. the airbox could use some heat wrap. My engine compartment gets hot with this modern engine and its hot thermostat.

Name:  20220501_161015.jpg
Views: 261
Size:  303.7 KB

there's been a bunch of other random things I have been sorting out on the car, but I have been pretty busy the last couple of years and its hard to find time to even drive the car lately.

Zach

Page 18 of 18 FirstFirst ... 8 13 14 15 16 17 18

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com