Page 1 of 18 1 2 3 4 5 6 11 ... LastLast

Thread: Half-Breed

Half-Breed

I've been lurking around this forum for a while now, commenting on some of your projects. What fun is that if I haven't posted anything for you to criticize in return. So, Here is my project:

The car starts out as a 1970 Mach 1 with a 351W, T5, and mustang II front suspension.
    0-60: 5.4 sec - tested with G-tech so probably give or take a half a second
    quater mile: 14.12 sec
    weight: measured at 3450lb with iron heads auto trans and back seat. estimated at 3250 lb as tested.
    cornering: felt surprisingly good considering the car, but not good enough. no real data here.
    top speed: roughly 160 mph - measured in my younger days when I thought I could get away with everything so, don't ask where I was doing that. I also had to calculate the speed based off rpms to come up with that number.

Name:  DSC00745.JPG
Views: 7663
Size:  92.0 KB
    Overall in fairly decent shape.....at least until I blew the ring lands off one of the pistons. No Big deal, I was planning on building a bigger engine anyway. One thing lead to another and this project seems to have gotten completely out of hand and here I am no longer building an engine, but an entire car.

The plan as of now is to build a street legal track car that time and money permitting I plan to some day use for autox, track, open road racing, and hopefully even hill climbs. thanks to the not so userfriendly microsoft paint, here is what the car might look like when i am done, color may vary:
    Name:  9.jpg
Views: 7642
Size:  164.4 KB
    Goals for this car are as follows:
    3200 lbs without driver
    1+G cornering capability
    180+ top speed.....who knows if I will ever have a chance to verify this.
    0-60 in less than 4 seconds
    an acceptable level of reliability.
    And I'm aiming for these numbers at an elevation of 4200 ft in 60 degree ambient.

More to come. ...So wish me luck

Zach

"It so repulsive to see such a beautiful 1970 Mustang, with the other teams engine transplanted into it. I know that car would spit that thing out if it could. Just ruined it, when everything else about the car is so nice." - Bossed

Country Flag: United States
    Car looks sick in the photoshop, I like it.
    Frank M
    1970 lemans sport
    2004 silverado 4x4 lowered
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SER1gBLn2N0

Car level and supported by suspension ready for subframe connectors
    Zach

"It so repulsive to see such a beautiful 1970 Mustang, with the other teams engine transplanted into it. I know that car would spit that thing out if it could. Just ruined it, when everything else about the car is so nice." - Bossed

Zach

Looks Good Nice Year!! Iam a little bias
    70 Mustang fastback 428 sb

going to be playing catch up with the pics for a bit so here are some more. this is the start of the rear suspension.
    Axle housing is out of a mid 70's lincoln.

Zach

Country Flag: Australia
    I assume you're going to be running bigger diameter wheels than those ones in the pics? Just that The lower brackets on the axle tubes extend below the scrub line with the wheels on the car.....
    Great looking car, by the way. I really like that model 'Stang.
    Regards,
    Leigh

Sydney, Australia
    1971 Firebird 455

https://www.pro-touring.com/showthre...Project/page27

Nice mustang. Good luck on your project.

Quote Originally Posted by LeighP View Post
    I assume you're going to be running bigger diameter wheels than those ones in the pics? Just that The lower brackets on the axle tubes extend below the scrub line with the wheels on the car.....
    Great looking car, by the way. I really like that model 'Stang.
    I plan to run 18X11's with 305-35-18s those are only 16's in the pictures. Even with the larger wheels those brackets do hang quite low and the tire diameter that I will have isn't very much larger than the tire in the pics. I would assume Grggs has this thought out, so, I hope it doesn't become a drivability issue.
    https://picasaweb.google.com/1153228...99563706840226
    Zach

Rear suspension mocked up and tacked together. a few more measurements and it will be ready for final weld.

Zach

Rear end housing completed.

Zach

Nice work!!! Love these Mustangs! Love the color combo too..

-Sean

Great looking mustang and nice work!

great looking stang, time for some paint for that rear

Country Flag: France
    Good model choice! Interesting rear! Keep up the welding is nice too!
    1972 Nova " Hotwhilz Special"

https://www.pro-touring.com/showthre...t&goto=newpost Under the knife!

Quote Originally Posted by Daves69Coupe View Post
    great looking stang, time for some paint for that rear
    Zach

Country Flag: Australia
    Absolutely beautiful car, my favourite year, I'd hate to have a flat rear tyre though.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zachalanche View Post
    Rear suspension mocked up and tacked together. a few more measurements and it will be ready for final weld.

Quote Originally Posted by Longchamp View Post
    Absolutely beautiful car, my favourite year, I'd hate to have a flat rear tyre though.
    The wheels pictured will no longer be on the car. This will be remedied with larger wheels. although it will be close an 18" wheel should keep the axle brackets off the ground.
    Zach

Here is the starting pic for the engine compartment. don't let its looks fool you. The engine burns more oil than fuel, and the mustang II suspension definitely has some driveability issues.

out with the old.

in with the new.
    Zach

Very cool!

Page 1 of 18 1 2 3 4 5 6 11 ... LastLast