Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Page 3 of 18 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 13 ... LastLast

Thread: Half-Breed

Country Flag: United States
      hey zach if i could go back and forth i would lol.. but im installing dse tubs,outer wheel wells and lower quarter. so i dont want to cut all that on other side and weaken it anymore than what it is now with all that missing on passanger side... so maybe the driverside look pretty good on my side as well lol..... everything im doing is my first time as well.. by the way the flares look great not to much over the top,well done. what are you going to do for underneath the flate in the now open area?

keep the wheels a spinning and the Beavers a grinning(burt reynolds-smokey and the bandit)

Quote Originally Posted by craigs73 View Post
      hey zach if i could go back and forth i would lol.. but im installing dse tubs,outer wheel wells and lower quarter. so i dont want to cut all that on other side and weaken it anymore than what it is now with all that missing on passanger side... so maybe the driverside look pretty good on my side as well lol..... everything im doing is my first time as well.. by the way the flares look great not to much over the top,well done. what are you going to do for underneath the flate in the now open area?
      Still trying to figure out what to do with the inners. I plan to put the car on a rotisserie when I get the rest of the chassis complete. I think Ill deal with it then. I have already made an attempt to make a piece for the inner fender and iwas a PITA to wok upside down. as fo now I plan to make a peice that I can butt weld to the wheel house and glue to the inside of the flare with industrial adhesive. The flares came out nice enough that I want to avoid doing any more welding on them for fear that I might warp them.
      Zach

1970 Mach 1 build - Half-Breed (pro-touring.com)

Country Flag: Australia
      That set up in the link looks real stout but still straight forward from a design perspective. Unfortunately the pic you posted wouldn't show.
      Hot rodder's recycle, wheres those prius' going when the tree huggers have a new fad.

Looking good very nice work!!!

Let me know the next time you find yourself in Mi, you have some work to do round here
      Steve
      1968 Dodge Charger All Wheel Drive project Red Bull<script type="text/javascript" src="safari-extension://com.ebay.safari.myebaymanager-QYHMMGCMJR/5cce6da5/background/helpers/prefilterHelper.js"></script><script type="text/javascript" src="safari-extension://com.ebay.safari.myebaymanager-QYHMMGCMJR/85dc54c0/background/helpers/prefilterHelper.js"></script><script type="text/javascript" src="safari-extension://com.ebay.safari.myebaymanager-QYHMMGCMJR/85dc54c0/background/helpers/prefilterHelper.js"></script>

Quote Originally Posted by linkstar69 View Post
      That set up in the link looks real stout but still straight forward from a design perspective. Unfortunately the pic you posted wouldn't show.
      the link was the same thing as the pic. I would assume that would have very similar handling characteristics to the 3 link that I have.
      Zach

Quote Originally Posted by Motorcitydak View Post
      Let me know the next time you find yourself in Mi, you have some work to do round here
      I'll have to bring my fairlane so you can convert it to AWD for me while I'm there.
      Zach

The new rear spring mount required me to cut up some of the trunk floor.

Here is the patch
      Zach

Got some used tires so I can start making space for them. these are toyo R888's - 305-35-18
      I tink they are going to look pretty sweet.

Zach

Country Flag: France
      Yummy! looks good man!
      1972 Nova " Hotwhilz Special"

https://www.pro-touring.com/showthre...t&goto=newpost Under the knife!

Country Flag: Australia
      Great road racer look
      Hot rodder's recycle, wheres those prius' going when the tree huggers have a new fad.

You'd think that for the price, they'd weld some of that Agent 47 chassis stuff on... On a side note, that "wishbone" thing looks a lot like something drag racers use for their goofy 4-links (without Watts links, of course). I wouldn't be so jealous...

Nice flares, by the way!

Quote Originally Posted by Zachalanche View Post
      I'll have to bring my fairlane so you can convert it to AWD for me while I'm there.
      With 335's in front it seems like a waste of available traction for you to not make them provide forward traction as well! At least you should not be able to lock up the front brakes or ever, ever understeer
      Steve
      1968 Dodge Charger All Wheel Drive project Red Bull<script type="text/javascript" src="safari-extension://com.ebay.safari.myebaymanager-QYHMMGCMJR/5cce6da5/background/helpers/prefilterHelper.js"></script><script type="text/javascript" src="safari-extension://com.ebay.safari.myebaymanager-QYHMMGCMJR/85dc54c0/background/helpers/prefilterHelper.js"></script><script type="text/javascript" src="safari-extension://com.ebay.safari.myebaymanager-QYHMMGCMJR/85dc54c0/background/helpers/prefilterHelper.js"></script>

need a little more room for tire so I'm making the inner wheel house fush with the frame.

The inner wheel house originally had a notch for the spare tire so I decided to delete that.

Zach

Country Flag: Ecuador
      Quote Originally Posted by Zachalanche View Post
      The inner wheel house originally had a notch for the spare tire so I decided to delete that.
      LOL, I always wondered if it was that or my tub was dented

A hint of what's to come.
      Zach

Back to the mini-tubs:

Zach

nice work zach you work fast... how long you get to work on this thing a day.. im lucky to get 3-4 hrs a weeks :(
      keep the wheels a spinning and the Beavers a grinning(burt reynolds-smokey and the bandit)

Quote Originally Posted by craigs73 View Post
      nice work zach you work fast... how long you get to work on this thing a day.. im lucky to get 3-4 hrs a weeks :(
      Still playing catchup with the pictures. This thread will slow down pretty soon here. on a good week I can get in 20 hrs if I'm motivated, have all the parts I need and my job doesn't violate all my time, but on average Im about 3-4 hours a week.
      Zach

Page 3 of 18 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 13 ... LastLast

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com