Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

AirLift Purge Tool

I have been banging my head against the wall for months trying to figure out why my LT1 would not stay within operating temp range. I lost count how many times I drained and refilled it, tried different thermostats or no thermostat and trouble shot the pump. Last week I took it to a local shop that charged my Vintage Air earlier and asked if they could us a vacuum purge tool to fill the radiator and they said that those tools do not work. As I had heard the opposite many times I went ahead and ordered a AirLift tool.

Here was the issue: would stay at 180-195 at idle, heat up to 200ish at moderate speed with both fans running and 230+ on the highway. Most I ever could drive was a couple of miles. This morning I drained the radiator and pulled one of the knock sensors to drain the block. Installed the tool, pulled a 25" vacuum and put the suction hose in a 5 gal bucket of anti-freeze. Very slick system, just had to had a tad bit more to top off. This afternoon I took it for a drive and was able to run at 180-190 on the freeway! Very happy with the tool and wanted to share my experience in case anyone is having the same issues.
      Brent

1971 Camaro, LT1, 4L60E

Country Flag: United States
      They help alot with stubborn cooling systems

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com