Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Threaded View

69 Camaro LS2/4L70E install

I am finishing up a frame off restoration with an LS2/4L70E install. Everything on the car has been replaced or refurbished except. This thread will provide a detailed account of my LS install complete with parts list (part numbers included) and pics. The goal for this swap is to get the stock motor/trans installed and running ASAP. I would like to do a cam/head swap now, but performance mods will come later, because as we all know these cars are never done and I would like to drive it for a while.

My decision for the LS conversion was bittersweet. On my previous motor, 355 SBC, I installed a very mild cam, was able to turn the motor over easily by hand, only later to learn how important it is to actually check piston to valve clearance. Once I determined the motor was toast, cracked block, trashed head and piston I started researching my options on pro-touring and ls1tech. I quickly came to the conclusion I wanted to do an LS conversion, even though I have no experience working on LS motors.

As I started looking for a motor, I fortunate enough to find daytonayellaz (Travis), who spent hours on the phone answering my LS conversion questions and providing invaluable insight/recommendations. I also had many pm's with Magntik (Jeremy), who bought the same setup from Travis, who answered additional questions and in the end I purchased a LS2/4L70E out of a 2008 TBSS from Travis.

As for the engine, the longblock had been replaced under factory warranty and has less than 900 miles!! The rest of the of engine components and trans have around 18K miles. Needless to say the motor extremely clean! I would highly recommend contacting Travis if your looking for an LS engine! He is a great guy, who I would now call a friend, and continues to answer question I have and has even called me a few times to see how things are going.

Engine loaded, tied down and ready for the trip home

Engine safely at home and unloaded

Here are a few pics of the transplant patient