Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Country Flag: United States

Help! I have a Problem with KB set up!

I Thought I had everything figured out for my set up a ls2 with a 2.8l Kenne Bell supercharger for my 65 Chevy II with a DSE Front clip. I tried to modify my original set up which was for a truck. This did not work because the belt was way to long and I was having a rough time lining up the pulleys. And when I went to fit the A/C on it hit the inner fender panel. So I modified the Kwik A/C bracket and I could not get the belt to run true. (see pic)

So I searched the internet and went through numerous magazines with no luck. Then I found Turnkey engines and talked to Paul. He has been working on my set up for about 3 weeks now. Since I had the Truck snout on my SC (which is the same as the 2010 Camaro snout) we started off by trying to run 2010 Camaro accessories, but this would not work because the Low position of the Alt would hit the cross member on my DSE subframe .

So I had my SC at Kenne bell at the time for a liquid cool upgrade and had them change the snout to a Corvette snout (shorter). Now we are trying to fit the Corvette acc but it is turning out that he area between the fender panels are to narrow.

I am at a loss now not only with my situation but my wallet. I really need some kind of help to get me back on track. I there is any shop or vender that can help please let me know!

Have you looked into the Wegner or Billet Specialties accessories? Have you talked to the DSE folks? Might want to contact Frank @ Prodigy to see if he can give you a recommendation for your application.
      Chris
      1968 Chevy Camaro SS
      LS3/T56 DSE suspension

Looking at your pic, why wouldnt a truck accessory bracket work? Its not as low as the 2010 camaro alternator, and looks like you have the hood clearance

So did you simply move the AC in closer? If so it should have been an easy issue to shorten up the belt. You said it wouldnt run true? such as running off a pulley or what, if it was one of the idlers with no sides you might have tried pulleys with edges over smooth ones. Dang if you wanst so far away Id try to help.
      doesnt look like the AC mount would be hard to mod to move it inward a little to give more clearance. but it is a picture.
      Good luck.
      Lee Abel
      AFTERMARKET PERFORMANCE

1977 Chevy Monza 2+2:Project "Cheap Trick"
      1978 C10 Long bed , On air and trailer puller
      2006 Buell Blast ,Just a bike to ride and for mileage
      1966 Caprice 4dr Sports Roof fact.327/now 350/SOON 454???? Project "II Old,,,ZERO BUDGET OR LESS CAPRICE!"

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com